Photo

2018 Baltimore Metro Football (General Talk)

• Please log in to reply
1395 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,024 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 08:58 AM

Final 2017 Rankings (Baltimore Sun)
http://www.baltimore...-htmlstory.html

1) St. Frances
2) Howard
3) Broadneck
4) Mount Saint Joseph
5) Archbishop Spalding
6) Dunbar

7) McDonough

8) Gilman

9) Milford Mill

10) Calvert Hall

11) Meade

12) Arundel

13) Harford Tech
14) Westminster
15) Old Mill

HR) Edgewood, Glenelg, Havre de Grace, Long Reach, Mervo, Perry Hall, River HIll, St. Mary's

#2 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 10:30 AM

Baltimore City schools have scheduled some interesting scrimmages and games for the upcoming season. According to Max Preps the CIty D1 schools are playing the following:

BCC-St. Paul’s (Scr), Thomas Johnson

DH-Oakdale, N. Hagerstown

Douglass-New Town, St. James

Dunbar-Long Reach (Scr), Allegany, Potomac

EW-Boys Latin (Scr), S. Carroll, Caravel (DE)

Mervo-Dulaney, William Penn (PA), Taft (OH)

Patterson-C.H. Flowers, Northwestern-PG

Poly-Middletown, Tuscarora

If Max Preps is right for a change, it’s good to see Baltimore City playing schools other than the usual suspects.
  • BSLChrisStoner and Mike in STL like this

#3 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 10:45 AM

Baltimore City schools have scheduled some interesting scrimmages and games for the upcoming season. According to Max Preps the CIty D1 schools are playing the following:

If Max Preps is right for a change, it’s good to see Baltimore City playing schools other than the usual suspects.

Those Fredrick county schools would make for some intriguing matchups. Fredrick County kids are cornfed, country strong. My little brother played at Westminster both ways. Defensive captain at nose tackle and played center. Short and stout, like a high school Kelly Gregg. Was about 6 foot, 260-270, has his name plastered all over the weight room at Westminster for weight lifting accomplishments. 

I went to a game when they played Linganore and everyone on their O'line looked 6 inches taller and 50 pounds heavier. He stood no chance. Later told me that a couple of those guys had scholarships to Wisconsin and Ohio State. 

• MDfan likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#4 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 09:59 AM

I just checked Max Preps and SFA now has 4 games on their schedule for the upcoming season. They are playing Doral Academy (FLA 7A), St. Joseph’s Prep (Philly Catholic League), Christ the King(NYC Catholic League) and Life Christian Academy (VA). I guess Philly and NYC Catholic League coaches aren’t scared to play SFA as BCL teams are. Hopefully, SFA can get a decent schedule of 9-10 games so the season is not a complete wash for the players.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#5 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 27 June 2018 - 01:06 PM

I just checked Max Preps and SFA now has 4 games on their schedule for the upcoming season. They are playing Doral Academy (FLA 7A), St. Joseph’s Prep (Philly Catholic League), Christ the King(NYC Catholic League) and Life Christian Academy (VA). I guess Philly and NYC Catholic League coaches aren’t scared to play SFA as BCL teams are. Hopefully, SFA can get a decent schedule of 9-10 games so the season is not a complete wash for the players.

This is the kind of thing you have to deal with when you decide to move up to D-I FBS.

@DJ_McCann

#6 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 04:21 PM

Damn. Thought this Board was troll-free. Guess not.

#7 Codbeard

Codbeard
  • Banned
  • 102 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 07:05 AM

Interesting.  Life Christian Academy is a start up first year program.. That is going to be a massacre.  I wonder if those guys (LCA) even know what they scheduled.

#8 araiderfan

araiderfan
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 01:57 PM

LCA definitely knows what they signed up for. Saw them compete at the UMD 7 on 7 tournament and they were the most athletically gifted team there. I don't know what their BIGS looks like but skill wise, they are top notch.

Would not be surprised if that is where you see Jalon Jones pop up at......

• BSLChrisStoner and Codbeard like this

#9 bob12345

bob12345
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 05:05 PM

LCA isn't like a fresh program. Most of their players are transferring in from other schools, and they already have some 2022 kids who have full scholarship offers. This year for them will be interesting

• BSLChrisStoner and Codbeard like this

#10 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,024 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 08:27 PM

PressBox: For First Time In 18 Years, Arundel Football Welcomes New Head Coach
https://www.pressbox...-new-head-coach

#11 JBMAD

JBMAD
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 07:42 AM

Jason Jones is going back to one of his past schools, already announced that.

#12 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 01:39 PM

You can add Silver Oak Academy to SFA’s schedule for the upcoming season. 5 games down. 4-5 to go.

#13 bob12345

bob12345
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 02:19 PM

You can add Silver Oak Academy to SFA’s schedule for the upcoming season. 5 games down. 4-5 to go.

I thought they already had a full schedule? 

#14 Codbeard

Codbeard
  • Banned
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 02:25 PM

Good Grief..

#15 JBMAD

JBMAD
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 02:43 PM

Heard they also have a game with Avalon and 4 Canadian teams

#16 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 03:37 PM

Heard they also have a game with Avalon and 4 Canadian teams

What’s up, JBMad. Thank goodness for this Board. The football season would be unbearable without this outlet. Max Preps is notoriously slow but the SFA website is not updated. Good to hear about the full schedule.

#17 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 03:39 PM

Good Grief..

I’m new to this message board so I don’t know your leanings. You have a problem with SFA having a schedule this season?

#18 Codbeard

Codbeard
  • Banned
  • 102 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 09:16 AM

I’m new to this message board so I don’t know your leanings. You have a problem with SFA having a schedule this season?

I have no problem with SFA or them having a schedule. They should have went INDY a couple of years ago when Biff came and was going to try and buy a MNC team then they may not be in this mess IMO.. Scheduling Silver Oak is ludicrous especially when your stated mission is to win a MNC

Biff poggi (@BiffPoggi) · Twitter
https://twitter.com/BiffPoggi
Thank u and good wishes to all of our friends in MIAA A football It has been an honor to compete against u all and meet so many friends.Best to all the coaches and wonderful kids. We go onward to our goal to win a National Championship.If we do- you are part of us
8 hours ago · Twitter

#19 JBMAD

JBMAD
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 03:11 PM

#20 JBMAD

JBMAD
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 03:12 PM

I believe Loyola is scrimmaging Dunbar also and playing Fort Hill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=