That seems excessive.

#102 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 06:52 PM

Already scored, 24 seconds into the season.

#103 ChaosLex

ChaosLex

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 06:58 PM

2-0 Caps 2 minutes into the 1st period. W00T!
@ChaosLex

Stannis Baratheon: "For the night is dark and full of terrors."

#104 ChaosLex

ChaosLex

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 08:09 PM

Make that 5-0!
@ChaosLex

Stannis Baratheon: "For the night is dark and full of terrors."

#105 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 08:22 PM

6-0, Caps have come out hot.

#106 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,482 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 03 October 2018 - 08:22 PM

Carlson adds a 6th.

Kuzy wity 2. Dowd, Ovi, Oshie and Cason each with 1. Just destroying Boston.

#107 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 09:32 PM

Starting the season out with a 7-0 statement.  They certainly looked like the defending champs tonight.

#108 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,743 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 04 October 2018 - 05:21 AM

Not cool at all :(

https://deadspin.com...er-h-1829509368

#109 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,482 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 04 October 2018 - 06:52 AM

I noticed it last night, but didn't want to rain on the parade. I think it's completely classless. I have a big problem with it. 

#110 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,743 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 04 October 2018 - 07:24 AM

I noticed it last night, but didn't want to rain on the parade. I think it's completely classless. I have a big problem with it.

It's pathetic. I'm guessing this came from Leonsis?

#111 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 04 October 2018 - 08:32 AM

It happens. I see all the slant that paints the team as the bad guys, and how DARE they not resign the guy that finally won the cup. And I know I've said this before, but he didn't do it alone. He wasn't forced out, he quit. Justified or not justified, I hate when people don't honor contracts they sign, so I've got my stance on it. I wouldn't have been super thrilled if he did cause we probably would have lost Todd and I wanted to keep him, but that's just me. We don't know how friendly his terms would have been, or if he demanded 10m per year. We do know that the Caps have been grooming Todd for a couple seasons now, and were prepared to make that move. We know he was much more than just an assistant coach, and made a lot of the moves and adjustments at the end of the year that LED to the cup win (mostly defensively, which led to Holtby not playing like crap). So while I DO appreciate Barry, I'm ok with how things played out. He helped us win a cup, he got paid.

But more importantly, we know it's a business and junk happens. It's not fair to blame either side. We can speculate and say Trotz was bitter because he was left to lame duck this past year, we can speculate and say the team was pissed he didn't honor his contract he signed. But the fairest way is just to say it's unfortunate, they split, and not on great terms, and it happens.

I don't know if I agree he should have been cut out completely, but it's not like it erases his name from the cup or takes away that giant contract he signed, so getting super worked up about him not being in some video tributes is meh. What will be more interesting is when NYI comes to town for the first time if they do anything as a thanks Barry or just ignore him. I'd be watching for that one if you wanna know just how bad bridges are burned.

@JeremyMStrain

#112 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,743 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 04 October 2018 - 08:59 AM

I don't know if I agree he should have been cut out completely, but it's not like it erases his name from the cup or takes away that giant contract he signed, so getting super worked up about him not being in some video tributes is meh. What will be more interesting is when NYI comes to town for the first time if they do anything as a thanks Barry or just ignore him. I'd be watching for that one if you wanna know just how bad bridges are burned.

It doesn't take his name off the cup, but it comes across as petty.  He's gone I get that, but to actively go out of your way to make sure he isn't shown in any of the video packages it just a poor look.  Does he need to be featured extensively, no but there's no reason to leave him out entirely.

#113 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 04 October 2018 - 09:29 AM

It doesn't take his name off the cup, but it comes across as petty.  He's gone I get that, but to actively go out of your way to make sure he isn't shown in any of the video packages it just a poor look.  Does he need to be featured extensively, no but there's no reason to leave him out entirely.

Yeah I agree with you there. It's an odd spot to defend my view on the overall situation because I don't agree with them removing him completely, but then again, I don't know how badly that whole scene went down at the end of the year. For all we know he could have been really difficult and caused a giant fight, seems outside of his character from the little I've seen of him, but knowing they would rather have another guy, I could see it happening. Ask for the moon, and if they don't give it to you, you were going to be gone anyway. I also wouldn't blame him for having a chip on his shoulder about being a sitting duck, but I said before last year started they were going to let him go if he didn't win the cup, no matter how far he got...I just didn't really think about what would happen if he DID (or know about that clause in his contract)

• DuffMan likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#114 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 09:33 AM

Pretty lame.

#115 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,482 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 04 October 2018 - 08:43 PM

What a wild start to the season. Heading into the 3rd trailing Pittsburgh 4-6, Oshie puts in two in 21 seconds with under 8 minutes left to tie the game.

#116 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 06:04 AM

Sucks they lost in OT, but 13 goals in two games is a pretty good start for the offense.

#117 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 09:36 AM

SI: For Alex Ovechkin and the Capitals, Defending Their Title Involves ...

#118 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 09:36 AM

Washington Post: Dmitrij Jaskin is the Capitals' latest reclamation project

#119 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,743 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 11 October 2018 - 05:29 AM

Nice win over Vegas last night, even had time to watch most of it.

Kuzy is a wizard!

#120 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 07:07 PM

Washington Post: Capitals mailbag: What to make of the bottom-six scoring drought

Puck Prose: Washington Capitals: Depth scoring is an early concern

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=