• Please log in to reply
1124 replies to this topic

#101 ECF

ECF
  • Members
  • 238 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 29 August 2018 - 06:34 AM

I am surprised no one has mentioned Concordia Prep (Towson, MD  MIAA C) Calvert Halls replacement for SFA.  Here is a school that could barely field a football team every year and in some years couldn't. They hire new coach last year and their roster has quadrupled.

Couldn't filed a team 2011-2013

2014  1-9 15 man roster

2015  0-9 13 man roster

2016 0-0 no team

2017 4-6 64 man roster (played freelance schedule)

2018  1-0 so far( blew out a home school team.  47 man roster (back in the MIAA C)

anyone know the level of talent they brought in?

HC Josh Ward came over from SFA. Prior to that he was coaching at WV Wesleyan. Been bringing in some good talent. 

• Codbeard likes this

East

Coast

Fan

#102 Codbeard

Codbeard
  • Banned
  • 102 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 07:08 AM

HC Josh Ward came over from SFA. Prior to that he was coaching at WV Wesleyan. Been bringing in some good talent.

I am surprised a small Lutheran school like that can handle a large influx of students ,particularly football players. Did they start some sort of outreach program or something? The school doesn't have a ton of money for financial aide so I wonder who is paying the 12500 tuition?

#103 Oldtime

Oldtime
  • Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 08:27 AM

So all you guys who support SFA, public school coaches and followers, and anyone else tell me how you can support SFA and its coaching staff stealing Franklins starting QB with days before their season is set to start. In no way is this OK!!! They will keep doing stuff like this because they just dont care about anybody but themselves, meaning coaches and victories. Watch out coaches your guys are next.

What goes around, comes around.
  • ECF likes this

#104 Codbeard

Codbeard
  • Banned
  • 102 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 10:28 AM

Actually he should be ineligible cannot represent two teams in the same season according to the league rules. In no way shape or form should he be eligible to play this year. MIAA handbook forgot which page.

OBC here is the rule you are referring to. What is unclear is if the Open Enrollment Period waives that. Being falls sports start much before Sept 1 what would be the point of having the open transfer period end on Sept 1?  Also if the student moves 30 miles or more they can appeal the rule anyway

A student may not represent more than one school during any academic year in interscholastic athletics regardless of its affiliation to this association. A student athlete may appeal this guideline based on a move of his primary residence of at least 30 miles.

#105 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 12:39 PM

It’s my understanding from talking to a current coach in the league that he would be in eligible and that the 30 mile rule applies to transfers during the open enrollment. However you cannot represent two teams in one scholastic year and as of now the Scholastic year has started so there is no appeal process. The coach I spoke to said unless he is completely mistaken there is no way for the student athlete to gain eligibility. However it is St. Francis so who knows there is one rule for the league and a different set of rules for them. The rest of us public school guys need to get together and have Andy Warner put his foot down.

OBC here is the rule you are referring to. What is unclear is if the Open Enrollment Period waives that. Being falls sports start much before Sept 1 what would be the point of having the open transfer period end on Sept 1? Also if the student moves 30 miles or more they can appeal the rule anyway

A student may not represent more than one school during any academic year in interscholastic athletics regardless of its affiliation to this association. A student athlete may appeal this guideline based on a move of his primary residence of at least 30 miles.

#106 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 02:51 PM

Actually he should be ineligible cannot represent two teams in the same season according to the league rules. In no way shape or form should he be eligible to play this year. MIAA handbook forgot which page.

SFA isn't really in the MIAA anymore!! They have them the title, but also said that the other teams wouldn't be given a forfeit, which makes ZERO SENSE! What would the MIAA take away from SFA? The title? Who cares? They're not even playing MD teams outside of Silver Oak!

#107 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 04:26 PM

Good point but I would think since they were awarded a title they are still under the MIAA rules.

SFA isn't really in the MIAA anymore!! They have them the title, but also said that the other teams wouldn't be given a forfeit, which makes ZERO SENSE! What would the MIAA take away from SFA? The title? Who cares? They're not even playing MD teams outside of Silver Oak!

#108 JBMAD

JBMAD
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 05:25 PM

SFA is in the MIAA until the end of the season, they can then be considered independent. Not eligible for the ESPN games at end of season without league and championship

#109 BP46

BP46
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 07:41 PM

Good point but I would think since they were awarded a title they are still under the MIAA rules.

They are not playing MIAA teams they can play by their own rules. That title was a way to say thank you good riddance. 

#110 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 07:45 PM

Then they would have to vacate the title I would think.

They are not playing MIAA teams they can play by their own rules. That title was a way to say thank you good riddance.

#111 BP46

BP46
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 07:52 PM

Then they would have to vacate the title I would think.

Don't think they would care.

#112 JBMAD

JBMAD
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 08:09 PM

They do care, they need that paper championship to be eligible to play in espn game at end of the season

#113 BP46

BP46
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 08:25 PM

They do care, they need that paper championship to be eligible to play in espn game at end of the season

You really think ESPN would turn one of the best teams in the country down because of a paper championship? Lol ok

#114 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 08:42 PM

They have no chance to be in those ESPN game at the end of the year. They play one of the weaker schedules around. Thise games also aren't the top teams in the country. Mater Dei was by far the best team in the country last year, and they didn't play in it. Neither did IMG, neither did the best teams from Texas. Those games mean nothing. SFA could care less about losing the "MIAA title." They play by their own rules right now. They started practice, WAY BEFORE the other MIAA schools, everybody knows that. The MIAA is just soft and ran by a bunch a-holes.

#115 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 09:40 PM

Agree with you on a bunch of stuff. A lot of the states can’t play in those games because the state associations don’t allow it. From my understanding talking to some people I know they do care about it very much but I agree with you that the leader ship is ineffective that’s being nice.

They have no chance to be in those ESPN game at the end of the year. They play one of the weaker schedules around. Thise games also aren't the top teams in the country. Mater Dei was by far the best team in the country last year, and they didn't play in it. Neither did IMG, neither did the best teams from Texas. Those games mean nothing. SFA could care less about losing the "MIAA title." They play by their own rules right now. They started practice, WAY BEFORE the other MIAA schools, everybody knows that. The MIAA is just soft and ran by a bunch a-holes.

#116 JBMAD

JBMAD
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 05:28 AM

They do care because thats all they have. IMG couldnt play, no league title no game. Do you not remember all the hype and talk about winning a championship when they were getting ready to play last year. Agree about the MIAA being run by a holes, but so is SFA

#117 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 08:18 AM

SFA apparently going after the Howard RB too now

#118 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 08:42 AM

I gave SF the benefit of the doubt but after what’s taken place this week as far as the poaching it’s ridiculous and has proven their critics right
Franklins QB
Roosevelts QB
Howards RB?

#119 ECF

ECF
  • Members
  • 238 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 30 August 2018 - 09:23 AM

I gave SF the benefit of the doubt but after what’s taken place this week as far as the poaching it’s ridiculous and has proven their critics right
Franklins QB
Roosevelts QB
Howards RB?

Thats been going on for the last 2yrs. 

East

Coast

Fan

#120 11ROVER

11ROVER
  • Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 10:54 AM

MIAA just informed SFA they've been found guilty of tampering.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=