Posted 28 August 2018 - 08:30 AM

Dont know just happened

#82 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 09:03 AM

So all you guys who support SFA, public school coaches and followers, and anyone else tell me how you can support SFA and its coaching staff stealing Franklins starting QB with days before their season is set to start. In no way is this OK!!! They will keep doing stuff like this because they just dont care about anybody but themselves, meaning coaches and victories. Watch out coaches your guys are next.

I wouldn't say I support SFA (I have no allegiance, and don't really care)...  but this doesn't bother me.

The kid obviously decided that football was important to him, and that SFA gives him a better opportunity than Franklin does. 

Can that be debated?

#83 ECF

ECF
  • Members
  • 238 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 28 August 2018 - 09:05 AM

Poggi to the rescue. Saving another kid from the mean streets of Balt.Co., MOCO, HOCO, Harford Co and so on...

• Oldtime likes this

East

Coast

Fan

#84 Rob A.

Rob A.
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 10:37 AM

I wouldn't say I support SFA (I have no allegiance, and don't really care)... but this doesn't bother me.

The kid obviously decided that football was important to him, and that SFA gives him a better opportunity than Franklin does.

Can that be debated?

Integrity, integrity, integrity

#85 JBMAD

JBMAD
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 10:39 AM

4 days before season, come on dude thats total bs. Guess i know who pays your salary

#86 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 11:40 AM

4 days before season, come on dude thats total bs. Guess i know who pays your salary

You think St. Frances pays my salary? lol.

You want to be 'mad' at someone, be mad at the player who decided to abandon his former teammates.

Ultimately though, the player made the decision which was best for him, and St. Frances pursued and obtained the best talent they could.

They both operated with self-interest. 

#87 JBMAD

JBMAD
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 12:08 PM

No SFA pursued another teams player like always. Coaches who always returned phone calls or messages from the other team dont even have the decency to respond. What a joke football has become in this town

#88 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 12:31 PM

No SFA pursued another teams player like always. Coaches who always returned phone calls or messages from the other team dont even have the decency to respond. What a joke football has become in this town

Teams have pursued other teams players for decades. This isn't new.

#89 ECF

ECF
  • Members
  • 238 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 28 August 2018 - 12:38 PM

Well if he's been practicing with Franklin, since the beginning of summer practice...He will have to sit out the season...

East

Coast

Fan

#90 JBMAD

JBMAD
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 12:50 PM

Not 4 days before the season starts BSLChrisStoner, if you dont see the wrong in that then your no better than they are.

#91 JBMAD

JBMAD
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 12:51 PM

He has played in 2 scrimmages also

#92 Codbeard

Codbeard
  • Banned
  • 102 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 01:03 PM

What difference does all this make?  SFA doesn't have any rules they play by their own..

#93 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 01:04 PM

Not 4 days before the season starts BSLChrisStoner, if you dont see the wrong in that then your no better than they are.

Yeah, just doesn't bother me.

See you having some issues with the quote feature. 

You just hit quote, and type underneath.

#94 Codbeard

Codbeard
  • Banned
  • 102 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 01:19 PM

Actuality it's still MIAA open enrollment period so even if SFA was following MIAA rules the transfer would be good.  Assuming we're ignoring the recruitment rules. 

An Open Enrollment Period will be offered for non-member student athletes. From June 1 through September 1, student athletes transferring from any non-member school to a member school, may transfer to and participate in interscholastic athletics, at any level, without penalty. In order to qualify under this guideline, all appropriate paperwork must be completed and the enrollment contract deposit must be paid on or before September 1. The MIAA reserves the right to request copies of any enrollment contract. The student athlete must physically be attending classes on the first day of fall classes or by September 1. If the opening of the member school is after September 1, the required paperwork and deposit must be complete on or before the September 1st date

#95 City40blast

City40blast
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 01:51 PM

Damn that’s messed up, transfer game weak wow

#96 standeeman

standeeman
  • Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 02:18 PM

Damn what are the rules in the WCAC?

#97 Codbeard

Codbeard
  • Banned
  • 102 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 03:15 PM

Damn what are the rules in the WCAC?

Good luck finding those anywhere.  Best anyone can come up with is you transfer and put in for a waiver and it gets approved.. Or the Wild Wild West as I have heard it called before.

#98 Codbeard

Codbeard
  • Banned
  • 102 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 04:28 PM

I don't know what Life Christian Acadmey of Richmond has as far as bigs go but if they

have anything up front OL and DL wise, I think they may give SFA a little run . At the UMD

7 on 7 tournament before being called for weather, they were the most athletic and dynamic

team there. Most of there athletes did not look like HS athletes (more physically mature). They

were giving your Stags fits. They were playing each other when the tournament was called.

Bottom line, they are very talented Skill wise..........lets see what they got up front. Could be SFA's

toughest test.

Must not be a whole lot they lost to Freedom High (Woodbridge,VA) 35-6

Apparently this stuff is happening all over with these rouge teams.  LCA's next opponent

https://news4sananto...g-day-foe-again

"According to its website, Life Christian's athletic program "is intentionally planned for a minimal amount of interference with academics."

#99 Codbeard

Codbeard
  • Banned
  • 102 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 04:46 PM

I am surprised no one has mentioned Concordia Prep (Towson, MD  MIAA C) Calvert Halls replacement for SFA.  Here is a school that could barely field a football team every year and in some years couldn't. They hire new coach last year and their roster has quadrupled.

Couldn't filed a team 2011-2013

2014  1-9 15 man roster

2015  0-9 13 man roster

2016 0-0 no team

2017 4-6 64 man roster (played freelance schedule)

2018  1-0 so far( blew out a home school team.  47 man roster (back in the MIAA C)

anyone know the level of talent they brought in?

#100 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 08:28 PM

Actually he should be ineligible cannot represent two teams in the same season according to the league rules. In no way shape or form should he be eligible to play this year. MIAA handbook forgot which page.

Actuality it's still MIAA open enrollment period so even if SFA was following MIAA rules the transfer would be good. Assuming we're ignoring the recruitment rules.

An Open Enrollment Period will be offered for non-member student athletes. From June 1 through September 1, student athletes transferring from any non-member school to a member school, may transfer to and participate in interscholastic athletics, at any level, without penalty. In order to qualify under this guideline, all appropriate paperwork must be completed and the enrollment contract deposit must be paid on or before September 1. The MIAA reserves the right to request copies of any enrollment contract. The student athlete must physically be attending classes on the first day of fall classes or by September 1. If the opening of the member school is after September 1, the required paperwork and deposit must be complete on or before the September 1st date

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=