• Please log in to reply
1124 replies to this topic

#121 Codbeard

Codbeard
  • Banned
  • 102 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 11:04 AM

Tampering?   Do you mean Recruiting? 

a) No school, through any of its officers, representative or by any other means, shall directly or indirectly offer inducement to a student of any school, regardless of the student’s age or academic grade, to terminate enrollment at said school and migrate to another for athletic purposes.

b) It is considered appropriate for a school’s admissions department to provide a student information about its school; however coaches and other members of a school’s athletic department are prohibited from contacting or communicating with a student or the student’s parents/guardians until such time as an inquiry regarding the student’s possible admission to the school has been initiated by the student’s parent/guardian through the admissions department.

#122 Codbeard

Codbeard
  • Banned
  • 102 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 11:09 AM

MIAA just informed SFA they've been found guilty of tampering.  

If this is true this story is going to get real interesting the next few weeks.. especially if SFA loses it's MIAA affiliation. That will severely reduce the teams that will be allowed to play them.  Obviously the Canadian ones don't matter but state associated schools will be out. 

#123 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 11:10 AM

Word is they will appeal the way this league commissioner operates the appeal will be settled in 2021.

#124 ECF

ECF
  • Members
  • 238 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 30 August 2018 - 11:22 AM

MIAA just informed SFA they've been found guilty of tampering.  

On what case ?

East

Coast

Fan

#125 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 11:38 AM

On what case ?

Can’t call a kid out by name

#126 ECF

ECF
  • Members
  • 238 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 30 August 2018 - 12:01 PM

Can’t call a kid out by name

Then name the state,county or Balt. City

East

Coast

Fan

#127 Codbeard

Codbeard
  • Banned
  • 102 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 02:16 PM

SFA apparently going after the Howard RB too now

What hell does SFA need with more running backs? Are they doing this just for spite? 

#128 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 04:27 PM

What hell does SFA need with more running backs? Are they doing this just for spite? 

Who knows. Him just being on their roster and with his current accolades could get the young man MUCH MORE attention than what he's been getting.

#129 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 04:37 PM

They do care because thats all they have. IMG couldnt play, no league title no game. Do you not remember all the hype and talk about winning a championship when they were getting ready to play last year. Agree about the MIAA being run by a holes, but so is SFA

They care about playing in that end of the year game, but they have no chance of playing in that game. They play one of the weakest schedules in the state amongst privates, don't even mention the country. I think they know they won't play in that game, and just preparing for next year.

#130 JBMAD

JBMAD
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 04:43 PM

Then why in the world are they going after everyone's sr players this late in the game

#131 SaintBull

SaintBull
  • Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 07:02 PM

The moderator of this board hates when people take shots at pro athletes, he detests when people take shots at college athletes, and taking shots at unnamed HS athletes...he simply won’t have it. However, taking shots at St Francis academy as a whole, and the MIAA as a whole...that’s fine, no worries.

#132 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,542 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 07:05 PM

The moderator of this board hates when people take shots at pro athletes, he detests when people take shots at college athletes, and taking shots at unnamed HS athletes...he simply won’t have it. However, taking shots at St Francis academy as a whole, and the MIAA as a whole...that’s fine, no worries.

I've got no real feelings about St. Frances or the MIAA.

If I have allegiance anywhere, it's to Catonsville where I went to HS a million years ago.

I will say that I don't have a problem with St. Frances going after players, and I do think it's hypocritical of others to criticize that.... MIAA schools as a whole have been doing that to public schools for decades.

Ultimately St. Frances is operating in the best interests of St. Frances, and the kids going there are determining that is their best opportunity.

#133 Oldtime

Oldtime
  • Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 08:15 PM

Damn racist MIAA.

#134 ECF

ECF
  • Members
  • 238 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 31 August 2018 - 08:14 AM

I've got no real feelings about St. Frances or the MIAA.

If I have allegiance anywhere, it's to Catonsville where I went to HS a million years ago.

I will say that I don't have a problem with St. Frances going after players, and I do think it's hypocritical of others to criticize that.... MIAA schools as a whole have been doing that to public schools for decades.

Ultimately St. Frances is operating in the best interests of St. Frances, and the kids going there are determining that is their best opportunity.

Sometimes the grass will appear greener on the other side because its been fertilized with BS...

• Codbeard likes this

East

Coast

Fan

#135 Codbeard

Codbeard
  • Banned
  • 102 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 08:20 AM

bs-meter.gif

• ECF likes this

#136 Codbeard

Codbeard
  • Banned
  • 102 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 08:28 AM

Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2018 4:55 PM
To: '[email protected]' <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: Saint Francis problem

I'm writing this email because I would like to shed some light on some of the actions of the Saint Francis football coaching staff and affiliates. Though this program has recruited my student athletes in the past, they have recently increased the intensity of their misconduct. Two football seasons ago they began recruiting one of my players who had just completed a very good sophomore season. They were constantly calling his cell phone and calling home to the parents. They even asked about other players who may be interested in transferring. They eventually contacted 2 other Mervo student athletes in 2017 about the possibility of them transferring. After a lot of meetings with the kids and their parents all of my student athletes decided to stay at Mervo. That didn’t stop them from constantly contacting their parents, their mentors etc. 

Though I have no facts on this other situation, I wanted to let you know my thoughts. While I was away on vacation, I got a phone call from my assistant principal stating that a man was at Mervo trying to get the transcripts of those same student athletes who were being recruited to transfer to Saint Francis. When the gentleman was asked who he was, he stated that he was a friend but wouldn’t give his name. My assistant principal thought it was strange and so she called to inform me of what happened. My guess is that it was an affiliate of Saint Francis. That person never came back nor did the kids ever ask for their transcripts. 

Throughout this entire past season, the coaches from Saint Francis continued to contact my now junior WR/FS that they wanted a year ago. Telling him that he wouldn’t go to college if he stayed at Mervo and that they promise him a full college scholarship if he came to Saint Francis. Once again the same kid entertained going to Saint Francis. He was practicing with the team even though he was still enrolled at Mervo. They gave him a Saint Francis sweat suit even though he wasn’t enrolled. They even had a coach come pick him up at our school to take him to workouts while still attending Mervo. Just like the year before, the same kid eventually decided to stay at Mervo and not transfer. Unfortunately, prior to that kid ultimately deciding to stay, he gave one of my other top players phone number to one of the Saint Francis coaches. This kid showed me all of the phone attempts and text messages placed by the Saint Francis coach/ affiliate. In these text messages, he asked him if he wants to come to Saint Francis so that he could get “SEC, NFL, MONEY”. I find that these empty promises and unethical tactics to be disgusting. Yesterday, the same coach messaged my kid by saying tell your coach to contact the University of Florida. “They are down here looking for you.” I know very well that this is a bold face lie! This is just another tactic to make the student athlete believe that he is in the wrong place if he wants to get recruited. I’ve had a conversation with one of the Saint Francis coaches about all of the crazy tactics. He told me that we (public schools) should be calling Saint Francis to recommend our kids to them if we really wanted what’s best for the kid. I’m not sure what the rules or values that the MIAA has but something needs to be done about how this program is handling business. I have dedicated my life to the youth of Baltimore City. It’s a shame that another school located in the same City has made my fight even tougher. I appreciate the time spent reading this letter. I hope that I have provided you with a little more insight on some of the things that Saint Francis is doing. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Patrick Nixon

Mergenthaler High school

Athletic director/ head football coach

• ECF likes this

#137 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,542 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 09:20 AM

Sometime the grass will appear greener on the other side because its been fertilized with BS...

Can't speak to what the kids are getting by going to St. Frances in-terms of education, or coaching, etc...  and how that compares to the alternatives they have.

I think we can agree though that if they players choose to go to St. Frances, they believe that is the best alternative for them... right?

#138 11ROVER

11ROVER
  • Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 09:21 AM

#139 Codbeard

Codbeard
  • Banned
  • 102 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 09:44 AM

can't read it rover.. who is the tweet by?

#140 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 09:51 AM

Yea can’t see it too small

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=