• Please log in to reply
1124 replies to this topic

#61 Codbeard

Codbeard
  • Banned
  • 102 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 07:09 AM

The St Frances vs Middletown,DE scrimmage game will be at Dunbar HS 6pm Thurs

Is anyone else having trouble with the edit post feature on here? When I try to use it I get jumbled up mess

#62 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 08:01 AM

The St Frances vs Middletown,DE scrimmage game will be at Dunbar HS 6pm Thurs

Is anyone else having trouble with the edit post feature on here? When I try to use it I get jumbled up mess

When you hit the edit button, select full edit.  That helps.

• Codbeard likes this

#63 Codbeard

Codbeard
  • Banned
  • 102 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 09:42 AM

add another Canadian team to SFA schedule (replacing Gilman)

10/12 Canada Prep Football Academy(Canada) home

#64 Bigdrop

Bigdrop
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 11:22 AM

A shame: there is only one significant game (St. Joseph’s) where they will have any real test. The Canadian teams typically lose by lop sided scores to American teams like Ed’s.

#65 Codbeard

Codbeard
  • Banned
  • 102 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 11:41 AM

All things considered I think SFA did a good job pulling that schedule out of their hat, unfortunately its not a strong enough schedule that can make a run at a MNC but at least they are playing..

#66 JBMAD

JBMAD
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 06:50 AM

So why are other teams outside of the area dropping off of the SFA schedule?

#67 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 07:41 AM

PressBox: Micah Kiser: Not Playing St. Frances Will Hurt Players In MIAA
https://www.pressbox...players-in-miaa

#68 Codbeard

Codbeard
  • Banned
  • 102 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 08:00 AM

Contrary to popular belief not everyone who goes to a private high school and plays football is chasing a D1 football scholarship nor are most of these schools interested in being a D1 football factory. 

It's great if St Frances is and it is also great the kids have that outlet but they should be independent of a league and only schools that either share their vision or ones that want to play them should do so. This calling out of schools that don't share their vision as cowards, racist and whatever is pretty unprofessional and arrogant in my opinion.

• ECF likes this

#69 JBMAD

JBMAD
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 11:01 AM

Come on, somebody has to have a opinion on why teams outside of Md are dropping SFA from schedule. And as for Kisers view on players being hurt by not playing SFA it can go the other way also. Some guys who already have offers could be hurt if they have a bad game against SFA

#70 araiderfan

araiderfan
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 12:35 PM

I don't know what Life Christian Acadmey of Richmond has as far as bigs go but if they

have anything up front OL and DL wise, I think they may give SFA a little run . At the UMD

7 on 7 tournament before being called for weather, they were the most athletic and dynamic

team there. Most of there athletes did not look like HS athletes (more physically mature). They

were giving your Stags fits. They were playing each other when the tournament was called.

Bottom line, they are very talented Skill wise..........lets see what they got up front. Could be SFA's

toughest test.

• Codbeard likes this

#71 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 06:41 PM

Contrary to popular belief not everyone who goes to a private high school and plays football is chasing a D1 football scholarship nor are most of these schools interested in being a D1 football factory.

FBS football is not the only avenue to play the game after HS. Calvert Hall had 4 players go FBS (MD, Rutgers, Eastern Michigan and Bowling Green) and several others (7 or so that I know of) go to FCS & D-II schools.

As for the issues surrounding the MIAA schools dropping SFA, just look at the times we are living in and the racial climate brought about by the current occupant in the WH. Race may not be the only issue but I think would be naive to think it didn’t play a part in the mindsets of some of those in charge of the schools that bailed.

#72 Oldtime

Oldtime
  • Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 08:00 PM

FBS football is not the only avenue to play the game after HS. Calvert Hall had 4 players go FBS (MD, Rutgers, Eastern Michigan and Bowling Green) and several others (7 or so that I know of) go to FCS & D-II schools.

As for the issues surrounding the MIAA schools dropping SFA, just look at the times we are living in and the racial climate brought about by the current occupant in the WH. Race may not be the only issue but I think would be naive to think it didn’t play a part in the mindsets of some of those in charge of the schools that bailed.

Are you telling us that those schools that have boycotted SFA have no black players?

#73 standeeman

standeeman
  • Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 07:06 AM

Are you telling us that those schools that have boycotted SFA have no black players?

Lets not pretend that there can't be racial issues just because a team has black players.

#74 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 07:40 AM

Really? The players didn’t make the decisions. If I’m not mistaken, all the MIAA school presidents that decided to bail are white and 4 out of 5 ADs are white. Gilman was the last holdout with Tim Holley but I thought I heard in the ESPN E:60 story that SFA dropped Gilman. I could be wrong.

#75 Codbeard

Codbeard
  • Banned
  • 102 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 07:55 AM

Is it also not racist to assume just because the Presidents and AD's of the schools in question are white that they must have made the decision not to play because of race but these same must be racists hire black coaches and admit black students into their school as well as offer financial aide to these students?

Poggi didn't invent giving kids a chance from bad situations and getting them to college.  This has been going on in football programs across this country for years. Just the coaches didn't have to spend 2 million dollars to stack the deck grossly in his teams favor to chase some mythical national championship. The good coaches just get the job done for the kids.

Lets not turn this forum into the cesspool that was the Sun Forum and the reason many of us just read and didn't post. It seemed anytime anyone new or wasn't in 'the club" on that Sun forum tried to express their views they got attacked and left  Mr Guru was famous for sucking folks into a race debate on that forum. Racism exists everywhere and in every culture. Always will and I will just leave it at that.

• ECF likes this

#76 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 08:25 AM

Is it also not racist to assume just because the Presidents and AD's of the schools in question are white that they must have made the decision not to play because of race but these same must be racists hire black coaches and admit black students into their school as well as offer financial aide to these students?

Poggi didn't invent giving kids a chance from bad situations and getting them to college. This has been going on in football programs across this country for years. Just the coaches didn't have to spend 2 million dollars to stack the deck grossly in his teams favor to chase some mythical national championship. The good coaches just get the job done for the kids.

Lets not turn this forum into the cesspool that was the Sun Forum and the reason many of us just read and didn't post. It seemed anytime anyone new or wasn't in 'the club" on that Sun forum tried to express their views they got attacked and left Mr Guru was famous for sucking folks into a race debate on that forum. Racism exists everywhere and in every culture. Always will and I will just leave it at that.

People who get uncomfortable during discussions of “race” are usually the problem. To ignore the elephant in the room just leads to things getting worse. Also, just because black kids attend these schools and black coaches work at these institututions doesn’t mean that some of the people in positions of authority aren’t prejudiced or racist. It’s the world we live in. We see it almost everyday when those with power are caught on video showing their true colors. Recent situations where Catholic & Christian schools mistreated black students back me up on this. Get your head out of the sand, Codbeard. Btw, where’d you get the $2M figure from? My second question is why are you worried about what Poggi does with his money? (I sound like Greyhound Alum) I bet you didn’t have a problem when he did this at Gilman but we’ll never know, since you lurked but never posted.

#77 Oldtime

Oldtime
  • Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 02:25 AM

Lets not pretend that there can't be racial issues just because a team has black players.

What do we call that, selective racism?

#78 Oldtime

Oldtime
  • Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 02:29 AM

People who get uncomfortable during discussions of “race” are usually the problem. To ignore the elephant in the room just leads to things getting worse. Also, just because black kids attend these schools and black coaches work at these institututions doesn’t mean that some of the people in positions of authority aren’t prejudiced or racist. It’s the world we live in. We see it almost everyday when those with power are caught on video showing their true colors. Recent situations where Catholic & Christian schools mistreated black students back me up on this. Get your head out of the sand, Codbeard. Btw, where’d you get the $2M figure from? My second question is why are you worried about what Poggi does with his money? (I sound like Greyhound Alum) I bet you didn’t have a problem when he did this at Gilman but we’ll never know, since you lurked but never posted.

People that inject racism into issues like this are real problem.

#79 JBMAD

JBMAD
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 07:40 AM

So all you guys who support SFA, public school coaches and followers, and anyone else tell me how you can support SFA and its coaching staff stealing Franklins starting QB with days before their season is set to start. In no way is this OK!!! They will keep doing stuff like this because they just dont care about anybody but themselves, meaning coaches and victories. Watch out coaches your guys are next.

• Oldtime likes this

#80 ECF

ECF
  • Members
  • 238 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 28 August 2018 - 08:06 AM

Join the crowd of HS teams & coaches that have lost starters to The Evil Empire. Did they reclassify the kid ? 

East

Coast

Fan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=