#101 CA-ORIOLE

CA-ORIOLE

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • LocationSOCAL

Posted 04 December 2018 - 04:34 PM

CA, I was not trying to be nasty in any way.  If I came off that way, I am sorry.   I am not sure I have ever seen a SS miss time his throws to first base or mis-judge when he should unload the fastball and not.   I think the, Rays felt the same way, they went out and got Hechavarria from Miami and moved Beckham to second base.   

I really don't think it was an experiment with Buck, I think he looked at Beckham as a mediocre defender with an average arm.  I think he thought Manny gave him a chance to have a plus defender at SS.  On that, he was wrong.

No worries. We just disagree. Discussing stuff you disagree about is a good thing.  Not everything is numbers. I get that also. I've been over the position change  so many times now. There are numerous reasons I thought it wouldn't turn out well. Forgive me if I don't want to go over it again, but at least one of the issues was gong to be the adjustment times for both players to their new positions. I thought it was poor overall. Certainly the explained rational by Buck was poor imo (but maybe there were other factors he didn't explain, I don't know). That said, Manny eventually improved and showed he could play SS at a reasonable level, which may likely have helped his trade value ...and we're getting the number 1 draft pick. . 

• Mike B likes this

#102 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,631 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 05 December 2018 - 01:42 PM

No worries. We just disagree. Discussing stuff you disagree about is a good thing.  Not everything is numbers. I get that also. I've been over the position change  so many times now. There are numerous reasons there I thought tt wouldn't turn out well. Forgive me if I don't want to go over it again, but at least one art of the issues was gong to be the adjustment times for both players to their new positions. I thought was poor overall. Certainly the explained rational by Buck was poor imo (but maybe there were other factors he didn't explain, I don't know). That said, Manny eventually improved and it showed he could play SS at a reasonable level, which may likely have helped his trade value ...a dn we're getting the number 1 draft pick. .

Which may turn out to be the next franchise SS for the Orioles.

@mikeghg

#103 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,779 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 02:03 PM

Which may turn out to be the next franchise SS for the Orioles.

Or next franchise catcher.

• BSLSteveBirrer likes this

#104 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,946 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 05:30 PM

Signs a 1-year contract with the Mariners.  $1.75M, plus $250k in incentives.

https://www.baltimor...0110-story.html

#105 CA-ORIOLE

CA-ORIOLE

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • LocationSOCAL

Posted 10 January 2019 - 06:53 PM

Signs a 1-year contract with the Mariners.  $1.75M, plus $250k in incentives.

https://www.baltimor...0110-story.html

Seems like a good fit. With Segura gone maybe he'll get a shot at SS. 

#106 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:34 PM

Low risk contract for Seattle. Good value.

#107 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,997 posts

Posted 21 July 2021 - 05:21 PM

Tobias Myers doing some things now at AA. Supposedly one of the better arms in the Rays organization. DD strikes again

#108 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 21 July 2021 - 06:00 PM

Tobias Myers doing some things now at AA. Supposedly one of the better arms in the Rays organization. DD strikes again

The Rays could turn anyone on this forum into a promising prospect with 18 months of their pitching development, meh 

she/her

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=