• Please log in to reply
341 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,971 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 06:59 AM

At AA Bowie, Santander is 9 for his first 13...  2 homers, 4 doubles, 7 rbi, 3 bb's...

#2 Cisc-O's

Cisc-O's

Back by no demand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationFresh Prince of .......

Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:42 AM

At AA Bowie, Santander is 9 for his first 13...  2 homers, 4 doubles, 7 rbi, 3 bb's...

He is looking really good.
<p>I am pretty sure Shack is thinking of PBR.

#3 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:58 AM

Does anyone have a definitive answer on how long he needs to be on the major league roster to be kept next year?  I thought it was 60 days.

@fuzydunlop

#4 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,971 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:09 AM

Does anyone have a definitive answer on how long he needs to be on the major league roster to be kept next year? I thought it was 60 days.

I'm not exactly sure. I'm pretty sure he has to be on the roster for 90 days...as there are not 90 days left in '17, that would bleed into '18.

I think what we've seen indicates he is going to be called up pretty much immediately. If that happens, I expect we get to see him play.

If they want him and Hays starting on the corners next year, going to have to move Trumbo.

#5 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,971 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:15 AM

He's allowed to be in the Minors for 20 games. Based on what they are seeing, they might as well promote him now and start the clock.

• BSLSteveBirrer likes this

#6 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,652 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 05:00 PM

Its 90 days on the active roster.

What I don't know and can't find, is what happens if he ends the season on the roster but with less than 90 days active.  Do the same rules apply again for all of next year, or once he reaches 90 days total between '17 and '18 on the active roster, can he then be sent down?

#7 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,971 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 05:18 PM

What I don't know and can't find, is what happens if he ends the season on the roster but with less than 90 days active.  Do the same rules apply again for all of next year, or once he reaches 90 days total between '17 and '18 on the active roster, can he then be sent down?

The way it reads is that since he'd be short of 90 days active this year, it would bleed into '18. When he hits 90 next year, he should be eligible to be sent down... 

#8 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 02 August 2017 - 05:44 PM

Yes this is what I was wondering.  From wikipedia (so take that for what its worth):

To prevent the abuse of the Rule 5 draft, the rule also states that the draftee must be active for at least 90 days. This keeps teams from drafting players, then placing them on the disabled list for the majority of the season. For example, if a Rule 5 draftee was only active for 67 days in his first season with his new club, he must be active for an additional 23 days in his second season to satisfy the Rule 5 requirements.

Edit: This is from baseball america: http://www.baseballa...s-rule-5-draft/

Disabled list stints can add complications to Rule 5 eligibility rules, which is why MLB has the 90-day requirement. A player remains bound to the Rule 5 restrictions until he’s fulfilled that 90-day active roster requirement, whether it requires one year, two years or more. 

(cut)

That’s actually tricky when it comes to Rule 5 roster restrictions. To get 90 days on the active roster in 2015, Winkler would need to be on the active roster by the start of July. That’s unlikely. It’s more likely that the Braves would send Winkler on a minor league rehabilitation assignment in July, bring him up in August and keep him on the active roster for the final two months of the season.

If the Braves did that, they’d need to keep him on the active roster next April as well to complete the 90-day active roster requirement. As soon as Winkler hit the 90-day mark, he’d be eligible to be sent back to the minors.

@fuzydunlop

#9 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:14 PM

So, he is making the roster out of ST next year.  That's fine.  He may have been on the team anyway.

Will he be eligible to go to the AFL?

#10 CA-ORIOLE

CA-ORIOLE

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • LocationSOCAL

Posted 03 August 2017 - 03:55 PM

Sounds like he has to be up on Aug 15th.

#11 Cisc-O's

Cisc-O's

Back by no demand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,087 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 09:54 PM

2 homers in today's game. This guy is going to be fun to watch.

#12 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:02 PM

Mullins, Hays and stewart also homered in that game.

#13 Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 09:33 PM

When does he have to come up? Was thinking I had heard 8/15 but apparently not.

#14 Cisc-O's

Cisc-O's

Back by no demand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,087 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 09:46 PM

Tommorrow.

Edit. I was wrong its Thursday but since no game Thursday they can wait till Friday.

#15 Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 10:27 PM

Tommorrow.   Edit. I was wrong its Thursday but since no game Thursday they can wait till Friday.

Yeah thanks. Palmer mentioned on the broadcast right after I posted too. Curious to see him, hopefully Buck gives him some ABs.

#16 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,622 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:14 AM

8/15 was the date his rehab ended, but they have 2 days past that to activate both him and Flaherty.

My guess is they make the moves tomorrow for both guys.

@mikeghg

#17 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,916 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:31 AM

Tejada and Gentry should be pretty nervous.

#18 Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 11:16 AM

Tejada and Gentry should be pretty nervous.

If they are smart they keep Gentry and send Rickard down. It's only for two weeks until rosters expand, at which point they can have both of them up. Of course Gentry probably passes through waivers and is back anyway.

#19 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 11:30 AM

Has Rickard's option been burned this year? And how many does he have left? 

#20 Cisc-O's

Cisc-O's

Back by no demand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,087 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 11:37 AM

If they are smart they keep Gentry and send Rickard down. It's only for two weeks until rosters expand, at which point they can have both of them up. Of course Gentry probably passes through waivers and is back anyway.

Why? Gentry is a bum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=