6462 replies to this topic

#6421 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 09 January 2024 - 09:51 AM

Go get Belichick. Its the solution I would least like to see as someone who dislikes the Commies
  • Mike B likes this

#6422 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 09 January 2024 - 10:50 AM

Go get Belichick. Its the solution I would least like to see as someone who dislikes the Commies

It would be a deja vu moment.  The Washington franchise was able to lure Vince Lombardi there after his reign with the Packers ended.

I don't wish the Commodes a lot of luck in their search.

@mikeghg

#6423 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 09 January 2024 - 11:28 AM

Belichick is a lot older than Lombardi was then (although it wasn't known that Lombardi was dying of cancer). Is a 72-year-old going to want to commit to a rebuild in Washington when it's apparent he hasn't acknowledged that the same is needed in New England?

Lombardi was a year removed from a third-straight NFL championship when Washington hired him; Belichick is coming off four mediocre to bad seasons in New England. He's a defensive coach in an increasingly offensive-minded era and teams today want to sell their fanbases on a young new coach who's going to usher in an exciting new era of football. It's going to be a much tougher sell in Washington or anywhere else on a 72-year-old with a recent track record as both head coach and GM that has been spotty at best.

#6424 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 09 January 2024 - 01:03 PM

Assuming Washington takes a QB, do they really want BB leading his development?  He might bring in a camera man as offensive coordinator.

BB to San Diego is the only move that seemingly makes sense.  Already have a decent QB and could definitely use help on the defense.

#6425 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 10 January 2024 - 10:12 AM

Assuming Washington takes a QB, do they really want BB leading his development?  He might bring in a camera man as offensive coordinator.

BB to San Diego is the only move that seemingly makes sense.  Already have a decent QB and could definitely use help on the defense.

Nope. I think they have to go fairly young if they are going to go young QB. BB Wouldn't want to rebuild and bring up a rookie QB either, he wouldn't take the job if they offered. He's going to go one year somewhere, get the wins record and retire.

Was mentioned yesterday, but signing Peters as GM, has connection to Slowik as HC. Not sure how I feel about that pair myself.

Part of me wants to fix history and hire Marvin Lewis like SHOULD have been done years ago when he was here and ready. But I'd rather an offensive coach if we are going to go QB at #2, or even if we stay with Howell.

@JeremyMStrain

#6426 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,670 posts

Posted 10 January 2024 - 11:52 AM

If I'm a Washington fan I'd want them to aim a little higher than Marvin Lewis.

Lewis has had some fairly good teams with loaded rosters and has won absolutely zero playoff games in 7 opportunities.

I'd rather look for the next young and up and coming than old and mediocrely average.

#6427 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 10 January 2024 - 11:59 AM

Lol at not wanting the GOAT coach but to each their own. And make no mistake, despite dealing with this turd Mac Jones he is the GOAT. BB has something to prove. He aint mailing it in and he aint looking to just find 15 more wins or whatever it is to get the record and go. Its not how he is built.

#6428 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 10 January 2024 - 12:18 PM

Belichick has head coached 11 NFL full seasons without Tom Brady at QB. He's 81-100 in those 11 seasons with 2 playoff appearances and 1 playoff game win. The last time The Hoodie won a playoff game with a team that got there without Tom Brady was 1994. If Washington hires him and finds him an elite QB, he'll do well. If not, he's just another head coach. By all means, I hope WAS hires him and doesn't give him an all-world QB. Will be fun to watch them wallow in mediocrity and some drama for a few more years.

• NewMarketSean, BaltBird 24, ivanbalt and 1 other like this

#6429 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 10 January 2024 - 12:26 PM

Lol. Well that was expected coming from the guy who has wanted to run HOF Harbaugh out of town for years

#6430 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,567 posts

Posted 10 January 2024 - 01:17 PM

The numbers don't lie without Brady.

BB has had 4 years without Brady and his teams have gotten progressively worse. I honestly wonder if he wants to coach anymore at 71 years old. Go spend time with the family. We'll call you when you're eligible for the HOF. 

He's a short term solution anyway and the Commies need someone looking at the longterm.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#6431 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 10 January 2024 - 01:20 PM

What coach is good with poor QB play? Now, if you want to complain about BB the GM have at it. Legit issues there. Hes easily the GOAT coach. Its not even a debate.

Btw this is why he is hungry. The doubters. Not one single ounce of concern hes gonna mail anything in going forward

#6432 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,670 posts

Posted 10 January 2024 - 01:25 PM

Just goes to show that even the best coaches still need elite players at certain positions. You can't scheme around horrible QB play. Belichick was very fortunate to have 19 seasons of Tom Brady.

Belichick is GM, too, so he's ultimately responsible for Mac Jones. Pretty bad QB class with Wilson and Lance going 2 and 3.

#6433 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,827 posts

Posted 10 January 2024 - 01:51 PM

What coach is good with poor QB play?

Brian Billick

#6434 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,670 posts

Posted 10 January 2024 - 01:59 PM

Brian Billick

I feel like comparing Billick to the current NFL is like comparing today's MLB to the dead ball era.

Billick won with an amazing defense and RBs. He wouldn't win a Super Bowl in 2023 with Trent Dilfer.

Or maybe Mike Tomlin's a genius.

#6435 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 10 January 2024 - 02:21 PM

Billick was so good he was fired a year after a 13 win season and never worked again. I mean I liked Billick but the proper response is who?? Most football fans under 30 have never heard of the guy

#6436 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 10 January 2024 - 02:27 PM

Also we could debate how poor his QB play was while here. But its not necessary

#6437 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 10 January 2024 - 02:34 PM

Brian Billick

I've always been one to point out that Billick oversaw a 9-7 and 10-6 stretch with Boller and Wright as the primary QBs. Folks used to use Hoodie's 11-5 season with Matt Cassell as some huge testament to his genius. Cassell was a solid NFL QB in the big picture, and led teams much less talented rosters than the 08 Pats to a couple of 10 win seasons later on.

#6438 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 10 January 2024 - 02:46 PM

What coach is good with poor QB play? Now, if you want to complain about BB the GM have at it. Legit issues there. Hes easily the GOAT coach. Its not even a debate.

Btw this is why he is hungry. The doubters. Not one single ounce of concern hes gonna mail anything in going forward

Even as a coach I don't think he could lead a rebuild as today's NFL has kind of passed him by.  Now if he went to San Diego, they need defense and a coach who isn't an idiot, so he'd probably find some success there.

• mdrunning likes this

#6439 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 10 January 2024 - 03:28 PM

Even as a coach I don't think he could lead a rebuild as today's NFL has kind of passed him by.  Now if he went to San Diego, they need defense and a coach who isn't an idiot, so he'd probably find some success there.

I have to agree. I can't think of one NFL coach of Belichick's age who started over with a new franchise and built it up from scratch.

George Halas returned to coach the Bears in 1958 after a two-year layoff, and he was in his 60s by that time. But despite winning a sixth championship in 1963, he did not enjoy the same success he'd had in earlier times. Of his six losing seasons overall, three came during his final stint as head coach from 1958 to 1967.

#6440 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 10 January 2024 - 05:42 PM

The numbers don't lie without Brady.

BB has had 4 years without Brady and his teams have gotten progressively worse. I honestly wonder if he wants to coach anymore at 71 years old. Go spend time with the family. We'll call you when you're eligible for the HOF. 

He's a short term solution anyway and the Commies need someone looking at the longterm.

He wants the all time wins record . Then he will retire.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=