Forbes is such a playmaker. Great pick.

#6382 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,372 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 28 April 2023 - 07:47 AM

Forbes is such a playmaker. Great pick.

Better than an OL you think? Have nothing bad to say about Forbes, but I feel like a fail of the current coaching group has been that they go for defensive playmakers every single year when they need to fix the non sexy picks. Our OL is an absolute disaster, even Burrow struggled when he first got thrown in there with a terrible OL. It wasn't til he could stop running for his life did he get a chance to adapt and settle in. Even if you go defense the biggest glaring need has been at ILB, and they take a great player, but one at a position we arguably have some of the best depth on the team.

Just kinda torn.

@JeremyMStrain

#6383 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,247 posts

Posted 28 April 2023 - 08:02 AM

Better than an OL you think? Have nothing bad to say about Forbes, but I feel like a fail of the current coaching group has been that they go for defensive playmakers every single year when they need to fix the non sexy picks. Our OL is an absolute disaster, even Burrow struggled when he first got thrown in there with a terrible OL. It wasn't til he could stop running for his life did he get a chance to adapt and settle in. Even if you go defense the biggest glaring need has been at ILB, and they take a great player, but one at a position we arguably have some of the best depth on the team.

Just kinda torn.

Im sure some will say Forbes was a reach. I dont see that. Doesnt surprise me at all he was drafted ahead of Banks. Gonzalez is a bit surprising but I wont be surprised at all if he has the better career. Dont know enough about the Commanders to know needs. Ill just say that there was seemingly a big drop off after the top 4 OL. Pitt traded up for the last of those 4 at 14.

#6384 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,372 posts

Posted 28 April 2023 - 08:14 AM

Im sure some will say Forbes was a reach. I dont see that. Doesnt surprise me at all he was drafted ahead of Banks. Gonzalez is a bit surprising but I wont be surprised at all if he has the better career. Dont know enough about the Commanders to know needs. Ill just say that there was seemingly a big drop off after the top 4 OL. Pitt traded up for the last of those 4 at 14.

I actually haven't heard that at all, all I've read about him has been pretty glowing, that's he's a big time playmaker, so I get it. But deep down I KNEW they were going to take a CB at 16 when OL is the biggest issue we have. I even had concerns they'd take one of the QB that drop, but it's a weaker year for QB and they've got their stop gap for this year figured out already, if you're going to do that do it next year when it's a deeper crop.

I guess I can take that. (I didn't get to watch live, was trying to follow on Twitter while I was running the oldest to and from All-County Jazz Band last night. But only if they come back in the 2nd (and 3rd) and grab some starting OL.

• Mackus and TwentyThirtyFive like this
@JeremyMStrain

#6385 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,358 posts

Posted 28 April 2023 - 12:04 PM

Humblebrag alert! :)

#6386 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,372 posts

Posted 28 April 2023 - 07:38 PM

Humblebrag alert! :)

Humble? ;)
@JeremyMStrain

#6387 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,247 posts

Posted 29 April 2023 - 07:13 AM

Humble? ;)

Def no need to be humble
  • JeremyStrain likes this

#6388 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,271 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 12 May 2023 - 04:13 PM

I guess it's not 100% official until the owners vote later this month, but with Snyder formally agreeing on the offer it looks like a done deal. I'll just go out on a limb here and presume the vote will pass quite easily.

https://frontoffices...ommanders-sale/

#6389 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,873 posts

Posted 20 July 2023 - 03:51 PM

Yep.

Today is a day of mixed emotions for me- on one hand I'm beyond ecstatic that he is gone. On the other I wish he had also been arrested. 

Sic, Semper, Snyrannis | Barstool Sports

#6390 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,271 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 20 July 2023 - 06:17 PM

Oh, and there's a small matter of settling up your tab before you leave, Dan. We're pretty certain you can afford it now.

https://www.espn.com...s-investigation

#6391 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,674 posts

Posted 11 August 2023 - 09:22 AM

The Ringer: Ladies and Gentlemen, the Commanders Present: Actual Football at Training Camp

#6392 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,674 posts

Posted 16 August 2023 - 09:12 AM

The Ringer: Eric Bieniemy Knows the Importance of This Season—for Him and the Commanders

#6393 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,873 posts

Posted 16 August 2023 - 10:14 AM

Why Your Team Sucks, Commanders edition.

Your coach: OK, this is the funny part. Your coach is still Ron Rivera, who was hired to put a friendly face on the Comms while the feds scanned Dan Snyder’s mega-yacht with a subatomic black light. With Snyder in charge, anyone working under him could become well-liked simply by not being a psychotic, abusive, autocratic dwarf. Strangely, many Commanders players, coaches, and executives still couldn’t check off that box. Rivera could. But with Snyder now gone, everyone is quickly remembering, "Hey wait, our coach is a moron!”

Why Your Team Sucks 2023: Washington Commanders | Defector

#6394 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,674 posts

Posted 09 September 2023 - 11:19 AM

#6395 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,873 posts

Posted 23 October 2023 - 12:05 PM

Is this good?

Sunday's loss against the Giants means Washington will enter the month of November without a winning record for the fifth straight year and the 23rd time in the last 31 seasons. Slow starts have plagued the franchise since Joe Gibbs retired after the 1992 season.

#6396 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,452 posts

Posted 23 October 2023 - 01:05 PM

The new ownership honeymoon will end shortly. Maybe a lost season will be worth getting rid of Snyder but the problems with this organization aren't going away anytime soon.

No QB, crappy OL, a head coach on his way out...an overrated OC primed to take over.

Not even Magic Johnson can fix that.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#6397 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,247 posts

Posted 23 October 2023 - 01:14 PM

They are on the right track because they won their 2024 SB by ending the Ravens preseason streak. Meant so much. Could see it on all their faces.

#6398 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,873 posts

Posted 23 October 2023 - 02:01 PM

The owners have to clean house this offseason.  Rivera is a completely mediocre coach, but compared to GM Rivera, Head Coach Rivera is the second coming of Vince Lombardi.  Bienemy will probably be part of the housecleaning, but whatever.  They need to hire an actual GM and let him pick the head coach.

#6399 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,372 posts

Posted 24 October 2023 - 11:25 AM

The owners have to clean house this offseason.  Rivera is a completely mediocre coach, but compared to GM Rivera, Head Coach Rivera is the second coming of Vince Lombardi.  Bienemy will probably be part of the housecleaning, but whatever.  They need to hire an actual GM and let him pick the head coach.

I wouldn't be against cleaning house, but leaving EB the head coach job. Not cause he has shown he deserves it based on his job so far here, but because he deserves a shot at being THE GUY. If he's not the fit then you make a change later. No one else out there is going to be a clearly better choice anyway. The D is more of an issue for me than the anemic offense...mostly cause I think our OL is just horrendous, and to your point about GM Ron, we took two secondary players for a defense that was fairly deep at secondary instead of taking two starting quality OL. That in itself is enough to fire him for.

@JeremyMStrain

#6400 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 24 October 2023 - 12:21 PM

Is this good?

Sunday's loss against the Giants means Washington will enter the month of November without a winning record for the fifth straight year and the 23rd time in the last 31 seasons. Slow starts have plagued the franchise since Joe Gibbs retired after the 1992 season.

I don't remember too many fast finishes either.

• ivanbalt likes this
@mikeghg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=