6462 replies to this topic

#6401 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 24 October 2023 - 12:31 PM

Heinicke should have been their guy. Feel like they had a little more spark when he played. I realize he's not starting elsewhere, but he should have been given a legit shot at the job. They announced Howell as the starter in like, March. Kind of ridiculous. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#6402 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,948 posts

Posted 24 October 2023 - 01:39 PM

I wouldn't be against cleaning house, but leaving EB the head coach job. Not cause he has shown he deserves it based on his job so far here, but because he deserves a shot at being THE GUY. If he's not the fit then you make a change later. No one else out there is going to be a clearly better choice anyway. The D is more of an issue for me than the anemic offense...mostly cause I think our OL is just horrendous, and to your point about GM Ron, we took two secondary players for a defense that was fairly deep at secondary instead of taking two starting quality OL. That in itself is enough to fire him for.

Yeah, Bienemy does deserve a shot...  but I think Washington has to do things in the correct order for once.  Hiring a good GM is the first step.  If he wants to go with Bienemy, then great.  But if not, then move on.

• Mike B likes this

#6403 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 26 October 2023 - 09:05 AM

Heinicke should have been their guy. Feel like they had a little more spark when he played. I realize he's not starting elsewhere, but he should have been given a legit shot at the job. They announced Howell as the starter in like, March. Kind of ridiculous. 

I think Taylor got a pretty extended look. He was a great backup, but I think he had too many issues to be a starter. He wasn't Cousins. That's probably the one we should have settled down with, but you know...Snyder gonna Snyder. Was worth taking a legit chance on Howell and seeing how things played out. I mean look at all the other picks around the league, the one consistent in the guys who make it is intelligence, and Howell has that.

I think we have to give him a better OL and give him a shot before you write him off. Aside from the sacks, he's doing pretty decent. Between him seeing things more and getting more comfortable with the league, and getting him some more time back there, I bet he takes a jump in development. QBs can't be a ready made thing, you have to develop them. He had a year sitting the bench and learning the NFL which is great, but then he got a new OC and had to learn all that on the fly. It's so hard to find a QB these days anyway, that giving EB and Howell another year, behind a well built OL is a worthwhile investment. If it doesn't work, you've still got the foundation of a line, and can put a new QB behind it rather than the other way around.

@JeremyMStrain

#6404 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 26 October 2023 - 10:08 AM

I think Taylor got a pretty extended look. He was a great backup, but I think he had too many issues to be a starter. He wasn't Cousins. That's probably the one we should have settled down with, but you know...Snyder gonna Snyder. Was worth taking a legit chance on Howell and seeing how things played out. I mean look at all the other picks around the league, the one consistent in the guys who make it is intelligence, and Howell has that.

I think we have to give him a better OL and give him a shot before you write him off. Aside from the sacks, he's doing pretty decent. Between him seeing things more and getting more comfortable with the league, and getting him some more time back there, I bet he takes a jump in development. QBs can't be a ready made thing, you have to develop them. He had a year sitting the bench and learning the NFL which is great, but then he got a new OC and had to learn all that on the fly. It's so hard to find a QB these days anyway, that giving EB and Howell another year, behind a well built OL is a worthwhile investment. If it doesn't work, you've still got the foundation of a line, and can put a new QB behind it rather than the other way around.

That OLine is absolutely doing him no favors. He's on track to demolish the sacks record. If he finishes the season, he should get a bonus just because. Like hazard pay or something.

@BSLMikeRandall

#6405 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts

Posted 26 October 2023 - 11:20 AM

That OLine is absolutely doing him no favors. He's on track to demolish the sacks record. If he finishes the season, he should get a bonus just because. Like hazard pay or something.

Right?? I mean some of them are on him, he's a rookie effectively, and you know teams are throwing things at him to confuse him, but at anytime they can just bullrush and be on him in 2 seconds cause our line sucks. That's just not fair.

Teams if they aren't in the prime spot to get one of the elite guys should default to building the support in those years, and take your shot more selectively at the sexy pick. Last year is a prime example...absolutely NO reason to take two secondary players when we could have taken 2 OL. Those rounds, even if they aren't considered elite guys, are still starters in the NFL. Shouldn't have let the few guys we had that could guard walk either. Now they will let Young walk in the offseason, he will go on to be a pro bowler, and we will take yet another DL in the first round.

@JeremyMStrain

#6406 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,567 posts

Posted 20 November 2023 - 11:11 AM

What a garbage team. I took them in my eliminator pool and got eliminated. They sacked Danny DeVito 9 times and still lost! 6 turnovers! Six! Go F yourself Commies!!!!

You may have gotten new ownership but you'll always be the laughingstock of the NFL to me!

• SonicAttack likes this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#6407 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 01 January 2024 - 08:32 AM

Come on DC, one win, beat Dallas.

#6408 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,555 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 01 January 2024 - 02:27 PM

You have cash on Philly winning the division?

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#6409 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 01 January 2024 - 04:12 PM

You have cash on Philly winning the division?

8 team parlay / division champs. 

• Pedro Cerrano and DuffMan like this

#6410 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts

Posted 02 January 2024 - 02:05 PM

NOOOOOO. Need to lose and need NE to beat the Jets. Only chance we have of getting Williams.

@JeremyMStrain

#6411 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 02 January 2024 - 02:11 PM

NOOOOOO. Need to lose and need NE to beat the Jets. Only chance we have of getting Williams.

Know there is the hometown angle with him... but not sure there is any significant difference there vs. Maye, and Daniels. 

Given the limitations of the roster, should trade back, get more picks... try and get Penix late 1st, eary 2nd. 

You totally out on Howell?  Know he has a lot of picks, but think there is some talent there. 

#6412 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts

Posted 02 January 2024 - 02:28 PM

Know there is the hometown angle with him... but not sure there is any significant difference there vs. Maye, and Daniels. 

Given the limitations of the roster, should trade back, get more picks... try and get Penix late 1st, eary 2nd. 

You totally out on Howell?  Know he has a lot of picks, but think there is some talent there. 

I actually like Howell, I would trade back a bit, and go heavy OL and give him another year, but Williams is prob the ONE I'd be willing to take a shot at. Not a big Penix fan, I think he's one of those flashy college QBs that you are shocked doesn't pan out in the NFL. Maye too. No real reason, just that odds are 1 in 4 seem to actually work out.

When it looked like we were going to be 4, I was LT, RT, MLB with those first 3 picks (as it should have been LAST year), but if we end up with #2 I'd go Williams, and at #3 I'd trade to someone begging for Harrison, and take the extra picks and go OL, OL, MLB.

@JeremyMStrain

#6413 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 02 January 2024 - 02:52 PM

Don't they get the #2 pick if they lose regardless of NE?

#6414 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts

Posted 02 January 2024 - 05:02 PM

Don't they get the #2 pick if they lose regardless of NE?

I read today because of stupid SOS, if NE and WAS both lose NE would get the 2nd pick but I don’t know how accurate it is. Maybe cause they played the Jets twice and if the Jets get an extra win it alters the percentage just enough?? I dunno. We are talking hundereths of a point at this rate.
@JeremyMStrain

#6415 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 02 January 2024 - 05:41 PM

I read today because of stupid SOS, if NE and WAS both lose NE would get the 2nd pick but I don’t know how accurate it is. Maybe cause they played the Jets twice and if the Jets get an extra win it alters the percentage just enough?? I dunno. We are talking hundereths of a point at this rate.

Apparently the Saints-Falcons game is big for this. We should be rooting for the Saints.

#6416 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts

Posted 03 January 2024 - 10:00 AM

Apparently the Saints-Falcons game is big for this. We should be rooting for the Saints.

I figured there had to be at least one more that impacted it. The whole reason we moved into a tie with NE last week was because of the PIT game. It's just crazy it comes down to .001 in SOS right now.

I'm operating that QBs are gone at 1 and 2 no matter what. Even if the Bears decide to give Fields more time, we've seen them trade down before, and I'd expect they would again with so many teams needing QB help. Someone will overpay, and QB looks pretty rocky in NE too. Makes a market for Harrison at 3, if someone like KC or the Colts was inclined to get spicy. Four would be the LT from Penn State for me I think, but this is where I see a bunch of different paths diverging. That's why I'd rather be in the drivers spot instead of having to wait to see what other teams do.

@JeremyMStrain

#6417 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,948 posts

Posted 08 January 2024 - 10:20 AM

Washington gets the #2 pick, and Rivera is fired.  Mayhew still employed, at least for now.

#6418 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 08 January 2024 - 03:02 PM

ESPN Reporting with @AdamSchefter: In a sweeping overhaul, Commanders owner Josh Harris has hired two prominent executives – former Warriors GM Bob Myers and former Vikings GM Rick Spielman - to assist his group in searches for a new head of football operations and coach.

#6419 1970

All-Star

• Members
  • Pip
  • 740 posts

Posted 08 January 2024 - 03:50 PM

My money is on 49ers AGM Adam Peters to get the job, apparently he’s a longtime friend of Bob Myers.

• SonicAttack likes this

#6420 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts

Posted 09 January 2024 - 09:37 AM

My money is on 49ers AGM Adam Peters to get the job, apparently he’s a longtime friend of Bob Myers.

I saw that too, which then made me think Slowik would be the no. 1 contender for the HC job, coming from the Shanny tree.

Don't know if I'm personally a big fan of that combo.

@JeremyMStrain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=