#5881 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 24 December 2020 - 07:30 AM

Looks like this was the punishment.

Ron Rivera told Dwayne Haskins on Monday that he will no longer be a team captain.

Then named him entertainment director.      :-P

• Mackus and Old Man like this

#5882 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,992 posts

Posted 24 December 2020 - 08:26 AM

That's a good joke

#5883 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 24 December 2020 - 09:05 AM

No chance long term with that ownership. They can have a quick blip where their staff and players overcomes the limitations, but that's all it will be.

Can we move this post to the Orioles thread?
  • The Epic likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#5884 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 24 December 2020 - 09:41 AM

Can we move this post to the Orioles thread?

#5885 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 28 December 2020 - 01:04 PM

Haskins released.

#5886 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,646 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 December 2020 - 01:06 PM

Haskins released.

Maybe he can revisit his commitment to Maryland.

• B00E00N00 likes this
@mikeghg

#5887 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 28 December 2020 - 01:09 PM

The Ravens will be knocking on his agent's door. :)

#5888 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,646 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 December 2020 - 01:10 PM

Looks like this was the punishment.

Ron Rivera told Dwayne Haskins on Monday that he will no longer be a team captain.

I did not know Haskins was a team captain.  I know Cincy did the same thing with Burrow, but what happened to actually having to earn the title.

Alex Hawkins, an Old Colt wrote a book entitled Captain Who.  That fits for Haskins, who is not Captain Cut.

@mikeghg

#5889 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,646 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 December 2020 - 01:10 PM

The Ravens will be knocking on his agent's door. :)

He does not fit what they do.   

@mikeghg

#5890 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,294 posts

Posted 28 December 2020 - 01:22 PM

Haskins released.

There has to be someone that would've given you some return for him. 

#5891 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 28 December 2020 - 01:24 PM

I would like to think if that was the case, he would have been dealt for a bag of peanuts.

#5892 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 28 December 2020 - 01:30 PM

He shouldn’t be starting for them either. He’s terrible.
  • Mike B likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#5893 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts

Posted 28 December 2020 - 01:32 PM

Maybe before his latest bout of immaturity. He doesn’t want to put the work in to be a professional, no one is giving anything up for that.

I mean look at the market last year. Cam Newton on the market a month before the season starts.
@JeremyMStrain

#5894 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,646 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 December 2020 - 01:36 PM

He shouldn’t be starting for them either. He’s terrible.

He may have become disillusioned because of the pay cut he had to take when he left Ohio State. :-P

@mikeghg

#5895 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,294 posts

Posted 28 December 2020 - 01:37 PM

Maybe before his latest bout of immaturity. He doesn’t want to put the work in to be a professional, no one is giving anything up for that.

I mean look at the market last year. Cam Newton on the market a month before the season starts.

I get the idea... and I respect that Washington likely explored options prior... but he's 23 years old, was on his rookie contract... and was a 1st round pick last year in a league which is always lacking for QBs.   It's crazy to me that they couldn't find anyone to give up some draft compensation.  Wow.  

#5896 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts

Posted 28 December 2020 - 01:38 PM

He may have become disillusioned because of the pay cut he had to take whn he left Ohio State. :-P

Possible ;)

Seriously though it’s obvious he got by on quick twitch and raw tools at OST. His decision making skills and evaluation abilities just aren’t good enough for NFL. And I’m surprised they were enough for college. He falls for the most basic defensive tricks and gets panicky as soon as the ball is snapped.
@JeremyMStrain

#5897 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts

Posted 28 December 2020 - 01:43 PM

I get the idea... and I respect that Washington likely explored options prior... but he's 23 years old, was on his rookie contract... and was a 1st round pick last year in a league which is always lacking for QBs. It's crazy to me that they couldn't find anyone to give up some draft compensation. Wow.

Yeah but there are 2-3 qb busts taken in the first round every year and exactly for this reason. Mentally you can’t tell which guys can’t handle the work ethic or skill until they try. You can have all the tools in the world but if you can’t read defenses or operate fast enough mentally it does no good.

A lot of people were off on Haskins when he got drafted too. Some teams didn’t have him on their board at all. So it’s not a huge stretch this happened. Especially because he was drafted because the bumbling moron Snider pushed for it.

After watching him though he’s pretty bad. He has a strong arm and can get throws off at awkward angles, but his decision making and mental play is just atrocious.

@JeremyMStrain

#5898 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,646 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 December 2020 - 01:56 PM

I get the idea... and I respect that Washington likely explored options prior... but he's 23 years old, was on his rookie contract... and was a 1st round pick last year in a league which is always lacking for QBs.   It's crazy to me that they couldn't find anyone to give up some draft compensation.  Wow.  

I think there has to have been more stuff going on with Haskins then has become public.  

For some reason they wanted him off the team now, and when that decision is made there is no sense fooling around with it.  The trade deadline made it impossible to do anything now.

@mikeghg

#5899 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,646 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 December 2020 - 01:57 PM

Yeah but there are 2-3 qb busts taken in the first round every year and exactly for this reason. Mentally you can’t tell which guys can’t handle the work ethic or skill until they try. You can have all the tools in the world but if you can’t read defenses or operate fast enough mentally it does no good.

A lot of people were off on Haskins when he got drafted too. Some teams didn’t have him on their board at all. So it’s not a huge stretch this happened. Especially because he was drafted because the bumbling moron Snider pushed for it.

After watching him though he’s pretty bad. He has a strong arm and can get throws off at awkward angles, but his decision making and mental play is just atrocious.

Also, he was not Rivera's mistake, so it is easier to say goodbye.

@mikeghg

#5900 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,294 posts

Posted 28 December 2020 - 01:59 PM

I think there has to have been more stuff going on with Haskins then has become public.  

For some reason they wanted him off the team now, and when that decision is made there is no sense fooling around with it.  The trade deadline made it impossible to do anything now.

Fair all around. 

Was going to say their season ends this weekend and even if he's a distraction how much of a distraction can he be?  But I forgot Washington can still reach the playoffs. 

Think the assumption of more going on makes sense. 

I look at it mainly as Rivera making a statement. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=