6462 replies to this topic

#5861 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 01:51 PM

They have another kid, Steven Montez that's looked decent, he's actually their long term development plan right now. Heinicke is their quarantine QB, which teams started doing after the DEN debacle. They keep another QB but isolate him from everyone else in a hardcore quarantine, so if they were to have an outbreak in the QB room, they'd still have another guy that knows the system.

Sounds like a designated survivor. :)

Maybe Keifer Sunderland can play him in the made for TV Sunday Night movie. ;)

#5862 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,383 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 22 December 2020 - 01:54 PM

Not according to his career QB Ranking.

and Power rankings has him higher than Lamar.

https://www.profootb...-rankings-2020/

That's how he was here too. Could put up good stats, especially throwing the ball 40 times a game. BUT, his decision making, especially when it counts and there was pressure on the line was pretty weak, and he had almost NO mobility.

Not that he's worse than what we've had here, like Mike said, but I'd take Smith over him I think, not that I like Smith a whole lot, but I'm bigger on mental processes and decisions for a QB than raw tools. Kind of the opposite of what we seem to draft every single time. Our best QB over the past couple decades...and this is really depressing to look at so I don't recommend anyone else do the research, but are guys like Brad Johnson, Gus Frerotte, Trent Green, Cousins, Brunell...none of them were the high draft pick, raw tools guys, they were the mid round picks that put the work in and learned the system and then made smart decisions (aside from headbutting a wall).

Aaron Rogers is the one that got away. But the bigger issue here is always going to be the owner. FORTUNATELY, news on that front, part of this secret settlement they are trying to sue to keep hidden, was a sexual harassment suit against Snyder HIMSELF that was settled. All the talk so far with the environment is that he can plead ignorant and try to change the culture, but we all know the culture is there because of him. THIS may be the bullet needed for the NFL to step in and say this is not ok for an NFL owner and force him out, and then maybe our wonderous lord Bezos will step in and save us.

@JeremyMStrain

#5863 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,383 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 01:55 PM

I reallllly really like this Football Team and what they've got brewing. Haskins is an after thought, no big deal there. Move on, keep building and find your cornerstone QB later. (Wentz maybe?) They can compete for the division with Smith next year IMO.

Wentz and Darnold were the targets I was hoping for before this weekend. But now I don't know if the Jets will settle for 2nd best and dump Sam.

@JeremyMStrain

#5864 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,383 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 01:56 PM

Sounds like a designated survivor. :)

Maybe Keifer Sunderland can play him in the made for TV Sunday Night movie. ;)

I had a similar thought when I heard. But I mean, they gave them extra practice squad spots. Might as well use them effectively.

@JeremyMStrain

#5865 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,388 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 22 December 2020 - 01:58 PM

Not according to his career QB Ranking.

and Power rankings has him higher than Lamar.
https://www.profootb...-rankings-2020/

Career QB Ranking?

As for this power rankings list, well it's pretty ridiculous imo.

Kirk is 20th in QBR this year. Last year he was 13th while he was 14th the year before that, and he was 15th in his last year in Washington.

So yeah, mediocre, or average if you prefer a more positive sounding word.

#5866 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,388 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 02:03 PM

Wentz and Darnold were the targets I was hoping for before this weekend. But now I don't know if the Jets will settle for 2nd best and dump Sam.

Stafford could be decent too if the Lions decide to rebuild.

#5867 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 02:07 PM

Career QB Ranking?

As for this power rankings list, well it's pretty ridiculous imo.

Kirk is 20th in QBR this year. Last year he was 13th while he was 14th the year before that, and he was 15th in his last year in Washington.

So yeah, mediocre, or average if you prefer a more positive sounding word.

Since Cousin's QBR for 2020 is high than Jackson's. 102.4 vs 98.

Does your mediocre label apply to Jackson?

At the end of the day, its all about perceptions and opinions. Whats better Ford, Chevy or Dodge? :)

#5868 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,383 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 02:12 PM

Ah, forgot about him cause he's a bit older, but yeah would also be a good fit.

@JeremyMStrain

#5869 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 02:15 PM

I had a similar thought when I heard. But I mean, they gave them extra practice squad spots. Might as well use them effectively.

Makes sense. I still have nightmare's of the body bag game. Bonus points, if you remember that game without looking it up and whom ended up finishing the game as qb

#5870 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 02:17 PM

Rebuild?

Dont you have to do something, before you rebuild it? :)

#5871 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,388 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 02:19 PM

At the end of the day, its all about perceptions and opinions. Whats better Ford, Chevy or Dodge? :)

Huh? Jackson's QBR this year is 11th. Looks like you're using QB Rating, which I think is an inferior stat and doesn't include running, which is obviously key for Lamar. 

• You Play to Win the Game and Old Man like this

#5872 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,383 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 02:20 PM

I don't really follow the advanced metrics for football, but you'd have to dig into those a bit. The QBR factors in all the production, but not the TIMING of the production. Like his 11/16 for 160 and a TD isn't enough to win you a game. But his rating was 138 that game. They won because they relied heavily on the run game, Kirk really didn't do anything, and got a crazy high rating for it.

Go look at his ADJUSTED QBR https://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr

I think this list is MUCH more in line with who is having what kind of season this year. Passes the smell test for sure.

• Old Man likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#5873 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 02:21 PM

Huh? Jackson's QBR this year is 11th. Looks like you're using QB Rating, which I think is an inferior stat and doesn't include running, which is obviously key for Lamar. 

Good point and taken.

#5874 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,978 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 02:35 PM

Makes sense. I still have nightmare's of the body bag game. Bonus points, if you remember that game without looking it up and whom ended up finishing the game as qb

Brian Mitchell.  Remember it well, unfortunately.

• JeremyStrain and Old Man like this

#5875 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 02:42 PM

Brian Mitchell.  Remember it well, unfortunately.

Yeah, I remember watching the game, think it was Monday Night Football. WTF vs the Eagle in Philly. If my memory is correct.

Brian didnt play too badly, as he had been a QB before changing over to RB/WR. You could almost call him one of the first wildcat swing men lol

They did put in that new rule about dressing a 3rd emergency QB on the bench and was automatically activated if QB1 and QB2 went down in the same game.

#5876 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,978 posts

Posted 23 December 2020 - 01:25 PM

Dwayne Haskins is taking first-team reps. Alex Smith is standing behind the scrum.

#5877 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,978 posts

Posted 23 December 2020 - 02:53 PM

Looks like this was the punishment.

Ron Rivera told Dwayne Haskins on Monday that he will no longer be a team captain.

#5878 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 23 December 2020 - 02:55 PM

Looks like this was the punishment.

Ron Rivera told Dwayne Haskins on Monday that he will no longer be a team captain.

Wow, two time violator gets off too easy.

#5879 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,978 posts

Posted 23 December 2020 - 03:17 PM

Looks like a small fine, too.

The Washington Football Team fined Dwayne Haskins $40,000 after photos/videos surfaced of him partying without a mask, source confirmed.

#5880 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 23 December 2020 - 03:34 PM

Looks like a small fine, too.

The Washington Football Team fined Dwayne Haskins $40,000 after photos/videos surfaced of him partying without a mask, source confirmed.

thats like $5 fine for me. SMH

Cut him and let the Ravens deal with him LMBO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=