• Please log in to reply
318 replies to this topic

#101 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:00 PM

Eeesh. Only 35 points with Brees and Thomas to play.

#102 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:17 PM

Most points in my league with Dez Bryant still to play.  And I'm missing my top 2 picks today.

#103 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,561 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:13 AM

Ugh. Dropped JAX defense for ATL on Friday. Doing so gave up 24 points and will lose unless Dalvin Cook completely explodes tonight.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#104 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,561 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:19 AM

Anyone think AJ Green for Fournette is a fair deal? I really need a RB.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#105 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:27 AM

Yup. I think Fournette will be a top 5-10 RB

#106 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,779 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:07 AM

I'd still rank Green before Fournette in a redraft held today, but if you're thin at RB and deep at WR, then it's certainly a reasonable trade.  Not easy to find bellcow RBs.

#107 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:18 AM

Yup. I think Fournette will be a top 5-10 RB

And provided health I think 10 is his floor. I think his ceiling is higher than 5

#108 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 12:58 PM

I'd try to get them to throw something in to sweeten the pot, but I would consider that an ok deal. RB production is harder to find than WR
  • Mackus likes this

#109 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,281 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 04:35 PM

I have a trade conundrum as well. Got an offer where id be giving up McCoy and Kelvin Benjamin and would be getting Gillislee and Julio Jones. Right now I have McCoy, Gordon and Hunt at RB and Hilton, Benjamin, Golden Tate and Cobb at WR. It's a dynasty league as well so Jones's youth and position are way better than McCoys age and position.

#110 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,779 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 04:42 PM

I have a trade conundrum as well. Got an offer where id be giving up McCoy and Kelvin Benjamin and would be getting Gillislee and Julio Jones. Right now I have McCoy, Gordon and Hunt at RB and Hilton, Benjamin, Golden Tate and Cobb at WR. It's a dynasty league as well so Jones's youth and position are way better than McCoys age and position.

I'd definitely make that trade, doubly so in a keeper league.

I'm not wild about Gilleslee, so I'd probably try to flip him for someone else later or replace him in the deal.  I don't trust any NE running back to produce consistently given how much they share the workload.  Depends on the makeup of your team, but I typically like my bench guys to be someone who's got a high floor of giving me 6-8 points in a bye week or injury replacement scenario rather than boom or bust type guys who could explode for 15+ but much more likely would only get 3-5 points.

#111 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:18 PM

I'd only make that trade in a dynasty league.  McCoy will fall off a cliff soon, Julio should have at least 5 more years of solid production.  Getting a Belichick back back though is like getting nothing, I wouldn't trust anyone in that backfield to consistently get the rock.

#112 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,561 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:45 PM

I'd try to get them to throw something in to sweeten the pot, but I would consider that an ok deal. RB production is harder to find than WR

In our league I'd be the one who needs to sweeten the pot.

#113 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,281 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 07:58 PM

I'd only make that trade in a dynasty league. McCoy will fall off a cliff soon, Julio should have at least 5 more years of solid production. Getting a Belichick back back though is like getting nothing, I wouldn't trust anyone in that backfield to consistently get the rock.

I made the trade simply for the fact that it is a dynasty league. Thinking about offering up Gordon for David Johnson to see if the guy will bite for instant success. Hurt me this year, But I'd have David Johnson, Julio Jones and Rodgers next year.

#114 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:07 PM

Johnson isn't a guarantee to be better than Gordon going forward into future years. No need to trade Gordon for him

#115 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,281 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:45 PM

Johnson isn't a guarantee to be better than Gordon going forward into future years. No need to trade Gordon for him

My thoughts as well. Was gonna toss McCoy at him. Didn't like him in a dynasty format.

With the Julio trade my team is pretty solid.

Rodgers

Gordon
Hunt

Jones
Hilton
Tate

Gronk

If I can avoid injuries I should be sitting pretty.

#116 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:46 PM

Gillislee will get goalline carries at minimum and his ceiling is to be a guy who gets 15-20 carries a game

#117 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,281 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:52 PM

Gillislee will get goalline carries at minimum and his ceiling is to be a guy who gets 15-20 carries a game

I took the chance in hopes that he takes over the Blount role. Short yardage back and closer.

#118 Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:05 PM

Just lost by one point on that last Vikings FG. Needed to punch it in for another TD because I was up two. Third most points in entire league and lost to the guy with 2nd most. By 1. Why do I play this game again?

#119 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,561 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:21 AM

So Dalvin Cook looked good last night. Looks like a bellcow.

Trying to swing a trade of AJ Green for Fournette. We'll see...

If I can't pull off that trade, who should I start out of my other RB's?

Mixon

Burkhead

Kamara

Chris Thompson

And yes, I know it's a pile of trash.

#120 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,779 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:23 AM

I'd go with Mixon.  He won't be going against the Ravens front every week, and I gotta think the Bengals may try to run it a bit more often seeing how bad Dalton looked.

I'd probably roll with either Cohen or K.Williams over any of those guys in Week 2 if you can either of them up.  If it's a PPR league, then Cohen is clearly the best of the bunch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=