318 replies to this topic

#61 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 09:46 PM

Yeah that's pretty crazy. I'm in a league that does 6 pt touchdowns for QBs, which gives a little more value than standard scoring, but I've never seen that scoring for yardage.

QBs are going to score the most points by far, but I guess it wouldn't really change the distribution of scoring. I'd think if you choose to wait, you can still find value in later rounds with a guy like Cousins or Mariota. Just depends how much people reach early on.

#62 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 05:35 AM

How many teams are in your league? Going RB in 1 and 2 and then still getting the best QB and TE is quite the boon for you.

12 teams. But Everyone went WR crazy early except me. They were all scared of Gronks injury history. Kelce actually went before him in the 4th. I couldn't pass on him in the 4th. As I said, I'm weak at WR. Trying to trade Cam and Hunt or Perkins for a #1 currently.

#63 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 08:11 AM

Getting Gronk in the 4th is crazy. Can't believe he dropped that far. I really like Hunt too.

#64 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 03:56 PM

Getting Gronk in the 4th is crazy. Can't believe he dropped that far. I really like Hunt too.

I felt stupid for passing on him in the third for Rodgers. When he came back, I couldn't not take him.

#65 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 03:59 PM

I have my two big money league drafts coming up this Saturday. I can only hope to end up with that kind of luck again.

#66 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,754 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:07 AM

Have my money league keeper auction tonight.  Have done no prepwork having been on vacation the past two weeks. 

I've got studly keepers: D. Johnson, Brown, Beckham, and Ajayi.  I'll have $94 to fill out my roster.  Average team has about $112 left to spend after keepers.  We are a non-PPR, QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, FLEX, TE, K, DEF league.

Debating between two strategies.  One, would be a standard value approach, try to fill my roster out with the best values and get solid depth.  Two, would be a boomer approach, blow as much as I need to on say a top notch TE (all available) and a stud RB/WR (Zeke, Miller, Gurley, Green, Bryant) to have a bunch of studs and then fill out the rest of the roster with $1-2 fillers and try to do well on the waiver wire throughout the year.

There are better players available this season than most years, a lot of guys got kicked back because of their escalating cost. 

EDIT:  Ended up buying Dez Bryant, Kirk Cousins, Kyle Rudolph, Jonathan Stewart, Randall Cobb, and John Brown then a bunch of $1 fillers to the end of the roster.  Very happy with my starting lineup, happy with the WR depth, unhappy with the RB depth so hopefully Johnson and Ajayi stay healthy. 

#67 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:26 PM

Joining a big money league at the office and I want bragging rights.  Really tempted to try some extra help, maybe Fantasy Guru or something...

#68 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 07:52 AM

First draft of the season last night. 10 team ppr, with idp. I picked 6th. I'm admittedly not as up on idp values.

Bryant will probably end up in my starting lineup sooner rather than later.d03d3084a681c8d7dcdeb09193424dfe.jpgf8caceb033c8bf45a6460ab0d4a6c725.jpgbe1addeb7bf287d7c2172acffd3413b3.jpg

#69 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,754 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 08:24 AM

22 players holy shit that's a deep roster.

I'm only in 12 or more team, non-PPR leagues so I don't have a great feel for smaller leagues that do PPR.  Your squad looks pretty damn good to me, though, deep at WR which is probably important in PPR.

I'm assuming you went Evans #6, Howard #15, Murray #26?  That's a nice value for all 3 picks.

#70 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,542 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 01 September 2017 - 09:26 AM

Yea one of my leagues has 22 man rosters (we start 4 IDPs).

The waiver wire is very very slim pickings.

• Biggsy likes this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#71 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 09:27 AM

Yeah, I'm in another 12 team ppr, and will be drafting in a 10 team non ppr today, so I've got a decent mix.

The crazy thing is, that league used to have an even deeper roster. It was absurd.

That is the order I got those three players. I took advantage of some people reaching for QBs and TEs, which is how my roster turned out the way it did. I may never need it, but I feel pretty good about my depth, though I don't have as many high upside guys on the bench as I'd like.

#72 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 02 September 2017 - 10:03 AM

10 team non-PPR with my childhood friends-

9 Devonta Freeman, Atl RB

12 DeMarco Murray, Ten RB

29 Demaryius Thomas, Den WR

32 Dalvin Cook, Min RB

49 Golden Tate, Det WR

52 Mark Ingram, NO RB  

69 Tyreek Hill, KC WR  

72 Brandon Marshall, NYG WR  

89 Martellus Bennett, GB TE  

92 Derrick Henry, Ten RB  

109 Dak Prescott, Dal QB  

112 Philip Rivers, LAC QB  

129 Rishard Matthews, Ten WR  

132 Latavius Murray, Min RB  

149 Vikings D/ST D/ST  

152 Wil Lutz, NO K  

#73 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 03:55 PM

Had a 12 team ppr league where I picked 1st. I wrestled between Johnson and Bell all offseason. Ended up taking Bell. Kind of curious how others feel between those two.

Ended up with

QB Brees
QB Luck

RB Bell
RB Lynch
RB Stewart
RB Foreman
RB Conner

WR Dez Bryant
WR Hilton
WR Marshall
WR Coleman
WR Treadwell

TE Doyle
TE Howard

K Tucker

DEF Baltimore

Not super happy with my team. But hopefully some young guys turn out good

#74 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:06 PM

Let's get to it.

1 of WR: Pierre Garcon (vs. CAR), Randall Cobb (vs. SEA), Kevin White (vs. ATL)

1 of RB: Joe Mixon (vs. BAL), Tevin Coleman (@ CHI), Theo Riddick (vs. ARI)

1 FLEX: any of the above

Right now leaning Garcon, Mixon, and Coleman.

#75 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:13 PM

I'd lean toward White. It'll probably be a blowout and he's their "no. 1"

• Chris B likes this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#76 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,754 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 02:16 PM

I'd rank them Coleman, Garcon, Cobb, White, Mixon in that order for this week.

• Chris B likes this

#77 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,754 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 02:19 PM

I'd have gone Johnson over Bell.  Don't like Bell's holdout plus Pittsburgh has better alternative options to Bell than Arizona does to Johnson.  Still would have Bell ranked #2 so not like there is a wrong choice there.

If Lynch is a mid-tier RB2 or better, you'll make the playoffs.  He seems like the key to your season.  Like everyone else.  If Luck gets healthy, you'll have a QB asset to deal for a quality position player at midseason.

#78 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 05:18 PM

I'd have gone Johnson over Bell. Don't like Bell's holdout plus Pittsburgh has better alternative options to Bell than Arizona does to Johnson. Still would have Bell ranked #2 so not like there is a wrong choice there.

If Lynch is a mid-tier RB2 or better, you'll make the playoffs. He seems like the key to your season. Like everyone else. If Luck gets healthy, you'll have a QB asset to deal for a quality position player at midseason.

I really went back and forth between Johnson and Bell. Johnson may end up better. But him not having weapons around him could help opposing defenses key on him. Plus he plays a tougher schedule throughout the year than Bell. Bell on the other hand has proven that the plethora of weapons around him doesn't effect his touches. He's gonna touch the ball 30 times a game just like Johnson,except opposing teams can't stack the box.

Like you said, I don't think their is really a wrong decsion between the two.

I'm good with my starters, I just have very poor depth.

#79 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:38 PM

I like Bell more than Johnson. In a better offense and probably with a better O-line

#80 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 05 September 2017 - 10:14 PM

I didn't get the chance, but I would take Johnson over Bell.

A) Not as volatile a personality, hasn't missed games

B) Not a Steeler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=