303 replies to this topic

#221 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 18 January 2021 - 04:09 PM

Not impossible. $21.6M in dead money if traded compared to $15.9M if on the roster. Most of his deal is salary and roster bonuses. Relatively small signing bonus. It's similar to how Jackson's deal will look.

He's a lot more tradeable than Wentz. Still need to look at Houston's cap for next season.

#222 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,784 posts

Posted 18 January 2021 - 04:35 PM

He's a lot more tradeable than Wentz. Still need to look at Houston's cap for next season.

Wentz the Eagles will struggle to give away.

I think it'll take 3 first round picks plus more draft or player capital to get Watson from Houston. I don't know the full list but I'd guess he'd be not just the most valuable player ever traded in NFL history but more valuable than the next two combined.

#223 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,144 posts

Posted 26 January 2021 - 08:30 AM

The Ringer: Which NFL Team Can Make the Best ‘Godfather’ Offer for Deshaun Watson?

#224 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,144 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 08:57 AM

CBS Sports: Deshaun Watson trade request: These five teams best equipped to trade for the Texans quarterback
https://www.cbssport...ns-quarterback/

#225 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 09:38 AM

Wentz the Eagles will struggle to give away.

I think it'll take 3 first round picks plus more draft or player capital to get Watson from Houston. I don't know the full list but I'd guess he'd be not just the most valuable player ever traded in NFL history but more valuable than the next two combined.

Herschel Walker or Eric Dickerson came to mind.

https://en.wikipedia...el_Walker_trade

https://www.cbssport...erson-to-colts/

#226 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,258 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 31 January 2021 - 08:35 AM

With the "deal" announced on the Goff for Stafford swap. All I can say is I wonder what the heck it will take for a team to get Watson????

• Mackus likes this

#227 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,784 posts

Posted 31 January 2021 - 08:59 AM

With the "deal" announced on the Goff for Stafford swap. All I can say is I wonder what the heck it will take for a team to get Watson????

I think it's gonna take a young stud player still on rookie deal and two first round picks.

If just picks...4 firsts at least. Or 3 and lots of 2s and 3s.

If it's a super high pick like the Jets or Jags this year, that might count as 2 firsts, since anyone trading for that pick would need to give up multiple firsts to get it.

#228 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,258 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 31 January 2021 - 09:02 AM

If I were in charge:

Saints send Michael Thomas and next three first round picks to Houston for Watson.

Houston's response -- Not enough.

#229 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 12 February 2021 - 09:48 AM

Releasing JJ Watt

#230 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 11:48 AM

Releasing JJ Watt

Hope he doesn't wan't to play with his brother. 

His wife plays soccer for Chicago in the National Women's League. Bears might be a fit. But not if he's looking to chase a ring as his career starts winding down.

@BSLMikeRandall

#231 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,013 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 03:43 PM

Hope he doesn't wan't to play with his brother.

His wife plays soccer for Chicago in the National Women's League. Bears might be a fit. But not if he's looking to chase a ring as his career starts winding down.

If he's chasing a ring, Pitt isn't the place to go. Ben is declining fast.

I think he goes to Green Bay. Close to home with an open SB window. 2 years 14 million sounds about right.

#232 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,802 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 07:06 PM

Pit is one of the favorites because he has expressed a definite desire to play with his brother.  Green Bay is the other favorite for obvious reasons.   If he wants a chance at the ring, GB might be the best option.  Consecutive NFCC and the feeling that their window is only open as long as Rogers is still playing at a high level.  And they don't have to contend with a KC in their conference.  

#233 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,144 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 08:36 AM

The Ringer: Are the Broncos and Panthers Serious Contenders for Deshaun Watson?

#234 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,144 posts

Posted 11 March 2021 - 04:52 PM

Ingram to the Texans.

#235 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,144 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 02:06 PM

CBS Sports: Deshaun Watson now facing 14 sexual misconduct lawsuits; latest accuser calls Texans QB 'serial predator'
https://www.cbssport...erial-predator/

#236 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,029 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 02:42 PM

CBS Sports: Deshaun Watson now facing 14 sexual misconduct lawsuits; latest accuser calls Texans QB 'serial predator'
https://www.cbssport...erial-predator/

Likely doesnt change his trade value but Id be damn leery now. Serial behavior of this this kind is a pretty big red flag. I say this assuming there arent criminal charges. Obviously that would change a lot of things.

#237 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,439 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 23 March 2021 - 05:38 PM

Likely doesnt change his trade value but Id be damn leery now. Serial behavior of this this kind is a pretty big red flag. I say this assuming there arent criminal charges. Obviously that would change a lot of things.

I would say this changes his trade value significantly, at least for now, unless what is described in every one of these lawsuits is revealed to be fabricated.

The NFL has suspended players for conduct before without criminal charges being involved, and depending on what the league's investigation reveals I would imagine Watson will be missing some games this season. With all this, it probably makes a lot more sense for the Texans to hold on to him for 2021.

#238 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,439 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 06:29 PM

Two more suits filed today, now 16 total.

https://bleacherrepo...paign=editorial

#239 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,784 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 06:35 PM

That's a lot of accusations.

Is there usually a single attorney for things like this? Like with the accusations against Trump when there were multiple? Or Harvey Weinstein? Or Andrew Cuomo?

Totally understand why things like this come out in bunches when they do, so tons of follow up accusations after one is made doesn't make me think anything. But it all being the same attorney strikes me as perhaps a little bit odd.

If any truth to this, then Watson's career should be over (at least I'd cut him and/or never sign him if I ran a team). Probably won't actually because he's so good and it's not flat out rape. But this would be a real scary pattern of predatory behavior.

#240 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,439 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 06:38 PM

That's a lot of accusations.

Is there usually a single attorney for things like this? Like with the accusations against Trump when there were multiple? Or Harvey Weinstein? Or Andrew Cuomo?

Totally understand why things like this come out in bunches when they do, so tons of follow up accusations after one is made doesn't make me think anything. But it all being the same attorney strikes me as perhaps a little bit odd.

If any truth to this, then Watson's career should be over (at least I'd cut him and/or never sign him if I ran a team). Probably won't actually because he's so good and it's not flat out rape. But this would be a real scary pattern of predatory behavior.

I noticed that too, and I honestly don't know. Many of his accusers work as massage therapists too, so maybe this attorney has handled very similar cases before, so he's one of the first they'd reach out to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=