• Please log in to reply
1218 replies to this topic

#141 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:04 PM

Brandon Weeden has said that he wants out of Cleveland according to an ESPN source.

Let me paraphrase:   Brandon Weeden has said he wants out of the NFL.

¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#142 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:08 PM

Brandon Weeden has said that he wants out of Cleveland according to an ESPN source.

Let me paraphrase:   Brandon Weeden has said he wants out of the NFL.

Carson Palmer approves this message.

• SammyBirdland likes this
@levineps

#143 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:13 PM

I'd say Weeden is more Matt Leinart than Carson Palmer.

¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#144 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:22 PM

I'd say Weeden is more Matt Leinart than Carson Palmer.

Can he still play baseball?

@levineps

#145 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,562 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:38 PM

Weeden sucks and can't complete passes and had the best WR in football to throw to last year but I can see him becoming a solid back-up somewhere else. Especially some place that has a semblance of a running game, which he never really had in CLE -- especially last year.

He'll be cheap too. Matter of fact I wouldn't mind if the Ravens took a long hard look at him.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#146 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:15 AM

Patriots have hired Lombardi.

#147 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:17 PM

Sources: Browns nearly traded with 49ers for Jim Harbaugh

They had a deal in place, but Harbaugh turned it down.

@DJ_McCann

#148 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:39 PM

Wow, it's hard to believe the 49ers were willing to deal Harbaugh. I wonder what the offered picks were.

#149 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,785 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:13 PM

Very hard to believe.  So much so that I don't believe it.  I can believe the Browns asked, but not that the 49ers agreed to the deal.

#150 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:17 PM

It depends on what was offered. If the Browns went crazy with their offer I'd have taken it.

#151 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:20 PM

Cleveland could have very feasibly offered something absurd, like a couple first rounds and a second round, maybe even a player on top of that, like Josh Gordon or something. It's a clever idea on Cleveland's part, but why would anyone think Harbaugh would ever accept that? 

#152 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,785 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:36 PM

You just know there is some SFnickle poster out there that thinks Jim Harbaugh is an overrated coach who's won when he's had talent but who won't be able to rally the troops once there is some adversity who hates that they didn't trade him for the 1st round pick from Indy and CLE's own first next year.

:)

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#153 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:48 PM

Well we all know the SF GM and Harbaugh don't get along so this doesn't seem that surprising. Still you gotta be pissed if you are whiney ass JH and this is true!

#154 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:55 PM

You just know there is some SFnickle poster out there that thinks Jim Harbaugh is an overrated coach who's won when he's had talent but who won't be able to rally the troops once there is some adversity who hates that they didn't trade him for the 1st round pick from Indy and CLE's own first next year.

No, they would be that much angrier with Harbaugh for not leaving.

I do like Jim more than John so it wouldn't be as easy for me to pull the trigger.

#155 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:02 PM

No, they would be that much angrier with Harbaugh for not leaving.
I do like Jim more than John so it wouldn't be as easy for me to pull the trigger.

Oh man, I agree with you on a lot but I don't see how you can day Jim is any better than John. Both have had really great talent to work with but you don't watch SF nearly as closely to make that statement, IMO. And Jim's antics on the sideline and his general douchery just lower my opinion of him tremendously, which I grant is petty!

#156 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:03 PM

Lets assume for a second that a deal between the two sides involved both of Cleveland's first rounders this season. I can believe that, because I believe Cleveland is dysfunctional enough to agree to it and that it would be the only way San Francisco would agree to it.

If the Browns came to the Ravens (back during the search) and offered those picks as the heart of a deal to release John Harbaugh from his contract to sign there, would you agree to it?

That would give the Ravens three first-rounders: 4, 17 and 26. That's three top players, or a chance to trade up or down without losing a shot at top talent. That's a chance at Jake Matthews or Sammy Watkins, or maybe even Clowney.

@DJ_McCann

#157 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:10 PM

Lets assume for a second that a deal between the two sides involved both of Cleveland's first rounders this season. I can believe that, because I believe Cleveland is dysfunctional enough to agree to it and that it would be the only way San Francisco would agree to it.

If the Browns came to the Ravens (back during the search) and offered those picks as the heart of a deal to release John Harbaugh from his contract to sign there, would you agree to it?

That would give the Ravens three first-rounders: 4, 17 and 26. That's three top players, or a chance to trade up or down without losing a shot at top talent. That's a chance at Jake Matthews or Sammy Watkins, or maybe even Clowney.

I would have agreed to that because it would be too much to pass up, plus this organization is so good that it could take it. I would have brought in Munchak at that point or even Kubiak, though I am not a fan of his passive aggressive HC nature. But the Browns are so dysfunctional that you know this wouldn't work!

#158 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:51 AM

Jed York denies it directly.

San Francisco 49ers CEO Sons Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio

@DJ_McCann

#159 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:44 AM

http://joeposnanski....s-being-browns/

Anyway, this small bit of insanity reminds of what might be the favorite — and least favorite — story of my childhood. When I was a kid in Cleveland, the Cleveland Cavaliers almost signed a mid-40s Wilt Chamberlain. No, really, they did. It was super close. I know you say you’ve never heard a single thing about that, but believe me, it was really close. There were hugely promising stories in the paper about the possibility. I was 12 years old. And I believed every word.

@DJ_McCann

#160 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:50 AM

@AdamSchefter Since 1999, the Browns have paid or will pay over $100 million in dead money to fired executives and coaches.

@levineps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=