• Please log in to reply
1218 replies to this topic

#1021 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,529 posts

Posted 18 March 2022 - 03:25 PM

Very surprised that Houston did not get Watson out of the AFC.

#1022 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,557 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 18 March 2022 - 03:29 PM

Expected return is three 1sts, a 3rd and maybe a 5th Rd pick.

#1023 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,672 posts

Posted 18 March 2022 - 04:05 PM

Ugh

#1024 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,672 posts

Posted 18 March 2022 - 04:06 PM

Though I dont think Watson is a special talent.
  • Hooded Viper likes this

#1025 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,557 posts

Posted 18 March 2022 - 04:12 PM

Final deal, per The Athletic.

Browns get:

Deshaun Watson

5th Rd Pick (2024)

Texans get:

Three 1st Rd Picks (2022-24)

3rd Rd Pick (2023)

4th Rd Pick (2024)

#1026 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,200 posts

Posted 18 March 2022 - 06:47 PM

Anyone still think the Ravens couldn't get a haul so huge from Jackson that they could rebuild immediately?

#1027 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,775 posts

Posted 18 March 2022 - 07:57 PM

There was an imbalance in the AFC North with the Roethlisberger retirement.

Watson restores said balance. 

Yuck.

#1028 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,417 posts

Posted 18 March 2022 - 08:30 PM

Tom Brady, Russell Wilson and DeShaun Watson (possibly twice) have all now been added to the Ravens' 2022 schedule.

#1029 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,417 posts

Posted 18 March 2022 - 08:38 PM

There was an imbalance in the AFC North with the Roethlisberger retirement.

Watson restores said balance. 

Yuck.

The Watson deal has certainly set a new bellwether when it comes to quarterback contracts. Any young QB looking to get paid is going to want full freight going forward. If his current team balks, someone else will likely be willing to cough up the guaranteed cash if he becomes available.

#1030 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,564 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 March 2022 - 08:52 PM

Wonder how the sex workers are in Cleveland. Gotta imagine that was part of his consideration here.

Stay classy, Cleveland.

#1031 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,672 posts

Posted 18 March 2022 - 08:55 PM

This will blow up in Cle face. It always does.

#1032 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,327 posts

Posted 19 March 2022 - 03:24 AM

I have to believe that Watson is looking at a suspension from the NFL. According to an article I read in the Athletic, the NFL was waiting for the grand jury to make their decision regarding the criminal cases. I'm predicting a four game suspension since he literally sat out last year.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#1033 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,327 posts

Posted 19 March 2022 - 03:26 AM

Wonder how the sex workers are in Cleveland. Gotta imagine that was part of his consideration here.

Stay classy, Cleveland.

Watson may go the Big Ben route and marry some nice girl he meets in church.

#1034 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,051 posts

Posted 19 March 2022 - 07:30 AM

I know there are civil suits out there, and the numbers seem too large to all be false... But at the same time, when the authorities fail to press criminal charges, I'd be uncomfortable with suspensions too. And the "sheer numbers" reported seemed too large to think for a second that there would be NO criminal charges either.

Watson is just the latest example, and maybe he is a scumbag, and maybe he isn't... But I kinda hope the player's association takes a bigger stand on suspensions and fines against players before they haven't been found guilty of anything (or in some cases, not even charged). It's a very, very slippery slope that goes well beyond football or sports in general.

#1035 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,689 posts

Posted 19 March 2022 - 07:42 AM

Though I dont think Watson is a special talent.

This is how I feel.  I think he is good, but not better than Lamar, or even close to Mahomes etc.  He is a tier below in my opinion.

#1036 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,689 posts

Posted 19 March 2022 - 07:45 AM

I know there are civil suits out there, and the numbers seem too large to all be false... But at the same time, when the authorities fail to press criminal charges, I'd be uncomfortable with suspensions too. And the "sheer numbers" reported seemed too large to think for a second that there would be NO criminal charges either.

Watson is just the latest example, and maybe he is a scumbag, and maybe he isn't... But I kinda hope the player's association takes a bigger stand on suspensions and fines against players before they haven't been found guilty of anything (or in some cases, not even charged). It's a very, very slippery slope that goes well beyond football or sports in general.

Very hard to bring criminal evidence without any physical proof or video.  The amount of women in different cities/states all with similar stories is the compelling factor.  He will pay out his ass in civil court, most likely settlements for this to go away, but he certainly is guilty of some twisted s&%$.  I wouldn't want him on my team and I said the same thing about Ben.  

• CantonJester likes this

#1037 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 19 March 2022 - 08:13 AM

Anyone still think the Ravens couldn't get a haul so huge from Jackson that they could rebuild immediately?

Which QB in the 2022 draft would facilitate an immediate rebuild?  The other two first rounders are in 2023 and 2024.

#1038 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,327 posts

Posted 19 March 2022 - 08:30 AM

I don't think the NFL Players Union can do much in the way of appealing fines and suspensions in cases like Watsons'.

They have literally given the power of Judge, Jury, and Executioner to the sitting commissioner. (All appeals go straight to the commissioner.)

Goodell has to suspend Watson to appease the female fan base that the NFL brand has worked so hard to develop. IMO, I think a more fair approach would be to fine Watson; since he served a paid one year suspension last season by being on the exempt list.

#1039 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,557 posts

Posted 20 March 2022 - 02:03 PM

These things are just too hard to prosecute without substantial evidence beyond the testimony of the accuser. Heck, look at Kraft, who was caught in the act on video and was never charged.

#1040 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,564 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 20 March 2022 - 05:12 PM

Not only was Kraft never charged, he got the entire thing completely expunged, as if it never happened in the first place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=