#41 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,342 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 November 2016 - 08:15 PM

I've got grays coming in strong at 31... Caps are partially to blame for that. Patience ain't my thing. You know that. ;)

#42 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 18 November 2016 - 08:39 AM

I've got grays coming in strong at 31... Caps are partially to blame for that. Patience ain't my thing. You know that. ;)

True story. I know it's hard to do but you gotta find a little buffer between sports and your heart. Can't let it stress you out that much.

@JeremyMStrain

#43 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,680 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 08:24 PM

Washington Post: With a depleted roster and a tight salary cap, Capitals get creative

#44 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,680 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 09:26 AM

Washington Post: Alex Ovechkin nets a hat trick as Capitals beat Blues

#45 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 25 November 2016 - 11:33 AM

Taking the girls to their first CAPS game tonight. They are so excited.

• BSLChrisStoner, You Play to Win the Game and DuffMan like this
@JeremyMStrain

#46 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,685 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 29 November 2016 - 01:28 PM

http://www.espn.com/...oals-record-894

Ovechkin can get to 895 in nine years without another 50-goal season, or even a 40-goal season. Ovechkin needs to average 36 goals a season over the next nine, assuming he gets to 45 goals this season.

Not saying it's gong to happen, but it's still possible at this point in his career.

#47 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,680 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 09:13 AM

Washington Post: Carey Price, Canadiens cool off Capitals, snap Washington's six-game win streak

#48 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,680 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 04:02 PM

Washington Post: This analytics whiz kid who grew up idolizing the Capitals is now helping coach them
https://www.washingt...m=.ca6df6a49886

#49 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,685 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 04 January 2017 - 06:47 AM

Entertaining game last night between the Caps and Leafs that saw a boat load of goals, 4 in the 3rd, then  the OT winner from Ovie in OT that earned the Caps a 6-5 win.  Next up is a show down with the Blue Jackets on Thursday (Did I just type that???).  Columbus is on fire having won 16 straight,  they can tie the Pens record of 17 straight victories with a win on Thursday.  I'm hoping the Caps come to play, so they won't be a part of history.

• MKlein76 and JeremyStrain like this

#50 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,685 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:25 AM

One more thought on last nights game,  Austin Matthews is legit.  Get used to hearing his name because this guy is special.  Check out this move and pass (I'm not sure which is better) that set up a power play goal for the Leafs.  Sick!

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#51 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 12:20 PM

One more thought on last nights game, Austin Matthews is legit. Get used to hearing his name because this guy is special. Check out this move and pass (I'm not sure which is better) that set up a power play goal for the Leafs. Sick!

I turned on the game late and missed this live, but saw the intermission replays. Absolutely nasty.

When are we gonna see Kuzy make some more of those no-lookers? At least he scored last night. I hadn't realized it had been such a long drought for him. I don't remember who it was, but they have him a pretty nice centering pass on that goal.

Now that the Ravens season is over, and football in general will be winding down, it's about the time I start watching more of the Caps. The Metropolitan seems like it's pretty damn competitive at the top early on.
  • DuffMan likes this

#52 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,685 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 04 January 2017 - 01:53 PM

About a week ago they started a busy stretch of games.  They pretty much play every other day from now until the end of the month.  Having a consistent slate of games makes it easier to find/know when a game is on.   I've been watching more lately too.

#53 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,685 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 04 January 2017 - 01:59 PM

I turned on the game late and missed this live, but saw the intermission replays. Absolutely nasty.

When are we gonna see Kuzy make some more of those no-lookers? At least he scored last night. I hadn't realized it had been such a long drought for him. I don't remember who it was, but they have him a pretty nice centering pass on that goal.

Now that the Ravens season is over, and football in general will be winding down, it's about the time I start watching more of the Caps. The Metropolitan seems like it's pretty damn competitive at the top early on.

Kuzy's been picking up the assists lately, including 3 last night but the goals have been few and far between.  Hopefully last night's goal gets him going.

#54 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 08:23 PM

No jinxes but we are fucking up Columbus right now!

@DaKittenz

#55 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,685 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 05 January 2017 - 09:55 PM

Is there anything more enjoyable then seeing a pissed off/agitated Tortarella?

• Mashed Potatoes and Markus like this

#56 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,342 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 January 2017 - 10:01 PM

I planned to watch tonight but spent the evening with my ailing grandfather. Missed a good one. And to answer your question Duff... no... there really isn't.

#57 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,685 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 06 January 2017 - 09:10 AM

I planned to watch tonight but spent the evening with my ailing grandfather. Missed a good one. And to answer your question Duff... no... there really isn't.

Sorry to hear about your ailing grandfather.

Hopefully this Torts GIF can cheer you up a little bit.

http://www.russianma...ts/#more-121043

For some reason I can't post it here directly, but if you scroll halfway down after clicking that link you'll see a great GIF of an agitated Torts!

• You Play to Win the Game and Markus like this

#58 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,685 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 08 January 2017 - 04:53 PM

Back to back shutouts from Holtbeast (5 bagels on the year now for him).  Braden has really been playing well lately and is a big part of the reason the Caps have been playing well.   Backstrom picked up his 500th assist last night in the 1-0  win over the Sens.  Only down side is Oshie may have aggrivated his shoulder injury, something to keep an eye on going forward.  Enticing matchups coming up this week against the Habs tomorrow and the Pens on Wednesday.

#59 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,680 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 01:15 PM

Washington Post: Capitals score four goals early in third period to beat Flyers for ninth straight win

#60 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 05:04 PM

We're on a rampage right now, just mauling the best teams in the league. Lets keep it up against shittsburgh tonight!

@DaKittenz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=