159 replies to this topic

#61 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,583 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 28 November 2016 - 08:05 AM

Lots of revealing information last night.

#62 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,779 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 09:07 AM

I'm skeptical even of a cloned mind in a different looking body. I mean, why would you want to re-create the chief threat to your dominance? At the same time, whether it's Arnold's mind or not, I see Bernard turning on Ford, crossing a threshold of free will that surprises Ford and fucks up his plans in the last episode.

Well...seems like this was pretty close.  But Ford was a step ahead of both you and Bernard.

• DuffMan likes this

#63 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,779 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 09:08 AM

I'll be pretty damn bummed if Jeffrey Wright isn't part of the show moving forward.  Hope that Ford simply fixes him up and gets him back on line.

• Icterus galbula likes this

#64 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,779 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 09:09 AM

Did we know his name was Robert before tonight's episode?  I can't recall hearing it before.  I got a big Jesse James tickle up my spine when we saw the door with his name on it and then again when Bernard called him by his name.

#65 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,741 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 28 November 2016 - 09:35 AM

Did we know his name was Robert before tonight's episode?  I can't recall hearing it before.  I got a big Jesse James tickle up my spine when we saw the door with his name on it and then again when Bernard called him by his name.

Yes that information was out there?

#66 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,741 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 28 November 2016 - 09:41 AM

Agreed that last night was a great episode.   Since Barnold is a robot there's no reason he can't be remade and brought back again.  If/when that happens remains to be seen.  By the way Ford's method of offing him was pretty damn cruel.

I said it in the previous episode, and I stand by it after this episode.   I'm not convinced that Elsie is dead and I expect her to turn up in the finale.

Is it a given that William is the MIB?  They didn't come out and say it, but everything that we saw/heard leads me to believe that to be the case. 

The Dolores stuff was really interesting and confusing to me.  We found out that she's the one that killed Arnold, but that was because she malfunctioned or did Ford make her do it?

• Icterus galbula likes this

#67 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 29 November 2016 - 07:15 PM

I wasn't paying close enough attention at first I guess, but they also gave Anthony Hopkins the character name of "Robert Ford." Thats really too on the nose. Hmmm, is he a coward machine of fate? Ya think?

Edit: The real Robert Ford eventually made his livelihood staging plays of the west and his killing of James.

1266784038597.jpg

I don't know where this is going, but its wild.

I still can't get over the "Robert Ford" thing though.

#68 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 29 November 2016 - 07:17 PM

William and MIB are absolutely one in the same. My guess is Dolores malfunctioned due to Arnold's attempt at programming true consciousness, but Ford let it happen. A combo I guess?

#69 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 29 November 2016 - 07:18 PM

I still don't know how Ford could completely keep Bernard under wraps as the Arnold look alike. 

#70 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 29 November 2016 - 07:31 PM

One last thought, they way the are burning away mysteries I can't imagine this being a show that lasts many seasons. Especially with Hopkins as the lead. The show would have to change dramatically if they cut his character out and also create a whole new series of theories and dramas. 

#71 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 09:11 PM

One last thought, they way the are burning away mysteries I can't imagine this being a show that lasts many seasons. Especially with Hopkins as the lead. The show would have to change dramatically if they cut his character out and also create a whole new series of theories and dramas. 

A lot of narrative work left to be done based on Ford's new story, and Maeve's plan.

@DaKittenz

#72 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,583 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 29 November 2016 - 10:56 PM

They say they have five seasons mapped out and also that most loose ends will be resolved next week. No idea what the future seasons hold and that's pretty exciting.

#73 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,779 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 08:49 AM

I think they'll have plenty of story left to tell after this season.  Can focus on just one timeline and really dive deep into some of the hosts becoming sentient and the construction and use of Maeve's army. 

And, we still haven't seen the "real world".  They haven't mentioned it at all in the show, but I believe the movie had multiple themed parks guests could visit, so that's also a potential path the show could take.

#74 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,741 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 30 November 2016 - 08:51 AM

Sunday's finale is 90 minutes long.   I read that after the finale the only question left will be what's next. That's exciting.

I'm not so sure we ever see the "real world"  but maybe I'm wrong.

• BobPhelan likes this

#75 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,549 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 30 November 2016 - 10:22 AM

Have we actually figured out what this "glitch" is yet that is causing the hosts to have memories?  We know it's (likely) something Arnold programmed into them, but do we know exactly what it is and when it was put in and why all of a sudden it's starting now?

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#76 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,549 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 10:22 AM

Sunday's finale is 90 minutes long.   I read that after the finale the only question left will be what's next. That's exciting.

Either Maeve makes it out and we see the real world or she "dies" trying.

@bopper33

#77 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,779 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 10:49 AM

I highly doubt we see it this year.  Maybe the closest we get if is Maeve wins, she leaves the park somehow but we don't actually get to see her make it to the "real world", a la Truman Show or Ex Machina.

Certainly possible we never see it and everything occurs in the park.  I'd be fine with that.  I expect that if we ever do get there, we will have heard a lot more about it beforehand.  Some random foreshadowy dialogue or exposition throughout a season prior to seeing a host, guest, or employee out there.

• DuffMan likes this

#78 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,130 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 08:17 PM

The Ringer: Who the Heck Is Wyatt on ‘Westworld’?

#79 Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 09:00 PM

http://uproxx.com/tv...ines-unraveled/

Hope this link works. Never tried from my phone before.

It's an excellent article explaining that there are THREE timelines on the show (not just 2) and showing exactly what fits where, in relation to Dolores in particular. This greatly increased my comprehension of what the heck is going on, which honestly I badly needed!

#80 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,549 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 09:59 PM

Yea three timelines. When the first hosts are being made (when I actually think Bernard is Arnold), young William and Man in Black.
  • BobPhelan likes this

@bopper33

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=