#41 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,538 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 07 November 2016 - 09:56 AM

So I have watched two episodes and I have two questions.  Please PM me so I don't get spoiled in this thread.

Why are they performing surgery on Thandie Newton's character?  Do each of these hosts need to be repaired after each trip?  So when the one guy gets his head blown off they have to bring him to the "real world" to patch him up before sending him back to the fantasy world?

Do multiple "real" people enter the park at once or is it always just one group of "vacationers' with nothing but hosts?

Thanks!

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#42 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,729 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 14 November 2016 - 08:03 AM

So Bernard's a robot right?

#43 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,712 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 11:11 AM

Good call.  Figured somebody would be at some point, and Bernard was as good of a candidate as any of the "humans", but wasn't convinced it'd be him.  I made an audible gasp when he said "what door?" in Ford's robot family's house.

The "train robbery" scene was fantastic. 

Really enjoying this show. 

#44 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,729 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 14 November 2016 - 11:19 AM

Hopkins is nailing it as a bad guy (big shocker I know) his speech to Theresa was pretty chilling.  It was also interesting seeing Bernard starting to freak out upon realizing he was a robot then turning into an emotionless killer at the simple command from Ford.  On the flip side I certainly felt for Maeve when she was what was going to happen to Clementine.

#45 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,729 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 14 November 2016 - 02:18 PM

Does Ford now bring Theresa back as a robot to do his bidding?

• BobPhelan likes this

#46 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,562 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 14 November 2016 - 08:44 PM

That has to be the host that was being built in that room. Good call.

That was such a good episode.

#47 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,712 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 08:48 PM

Yeah, think so.

#48 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 09:41 PM

The Ringer: ‘Westworld’ (Finally) Drops Its Big Reveal
https://theringer.co...edec#.f7dgeim7p

#49 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 07:01 AM

Yeah, think so.

Then what's the "blood sacrifice" if she's back in her job like normal? Does he program her to self-sabotage and take the blame? 

Also possible that if the hosts really gain consciousness, then Bernard could turn against Ford at the end for what he made him do.

@DaKittenz

#50 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,729 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 15 November 2016 - 11:09 AM

Then what's the "blood sacrifice" if she's back in her job like normal? Does he program her to self-sabotage and take the blame? 

Also possible that if the hosts really gain consciousness, then Bernard could turn against Ford at the end for what he made him do.

Wasn't the blood sacrifice the random security guard that got pummeled (killed?) by Clementine during the demonstration?

#51 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,538 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 15 November 2016 - 03:49 PM

Wasn't the blood sacrifice the random security guard that got pummeled (killed?) by Clementine during the demonstration?

That was a host.

The blood sacrifice was an allusion to a firing. Ford made it literal

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#52 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 07:10 PM

The Ringer: ‘Westworld’ Is Finally Giving Us Answers

#53 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,729 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 22 November 2016 - 07:40 AM

Great episode, some answers confirmed some teased.   Here's a really good recap of the episode and the show to date.

http://www.vanityfai...ay-who-is-wyatt

• BobPhelan and Mackus like this

#54 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,562 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 22 November 2016 - 05:23 PM

Great episode, some answers confirmed some teased.   Here's a really good recap of the episode and the show to date.

Joanna Robinson is great.

#55 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 06:48 PM

One theory I have trouble buying is Bernard being a simulacrum of Arnold. Well, I guess it depends what you mean by simulacrum. If it's really a direct clone, wouldn't folks who also knew Arnold be like, umm, Arnold's still alive...?

@DaKittenz

#56 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,562 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 22 November 2016 - 07:54 PM

One theory I have trouble buying is Bernard being a simulacrum of Arnold. Well, I guess it depends what you mean by simulacrum. If it's really a direct clone, wouldn't folks who also knew Arnold be like, umm, Arnold's still alive...?

Staff turnover is probably fairly frequent. I doubt anyone is still there from 34 years ago to recognize. I don't think him being Arnold is a slam dunk but still the most likely scenario.

#57 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 22 November 2016 - 07:58 PM

I agree with MP, I think that someone like Theresa or from the board would have at least seen one photo of Arnold along the way with such a giant project.  

#58 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,729 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 23 November 2016 - 10:56 AM

I agree with MP, I think that someone like Theresa or from the board would have at least seen one photo of Arnold along the way with such a giant project.  

We saw Bernard wiping himself out of a photo, so isn't it possible that he's done something like that before?

A couple other quick thoughts, I'm not convinced Elsie is dead.   Certainly possible but I think I need to see more than a brief 2 second struggle before I right her off.

The actress who plays Maeve is doing a terrific job.  She goes from sympathetic to terrifying so seamlessly.  I didn't care for her character much early on, but she's  one of my favorites now.

#59 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,712 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 11:11 AM

If Bernard is a recreation of Arnold, I don't think he would be an identical-looking doppelganger.  Arnold's mind recreated in a different body, kind of thing. 

I don't think that's gonna be the case, though.  I think Bernard likely was created by Ford and Arnold together.

#60 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 04:58 PM

If Bernard is a recreation of Arnold, I don't think he would be an identical-looking doppelganger.  Arnold's mind recreated in a different body, kind of thing. 

I don't think that's gonna be the case, though.  I think Bernard likely was created by Ford and Arnold together.

I'm skeptical even of a cloned mind in a different looking body. I mean, why would you want to re-create the chief threat to your dominance? At the same time, whether it's Arnold's mind or not, I see Bernard turning on Ford, crossing a threshold of free will that surprises Ford and fucks up his plans in the last episode.

@DaKittenz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=