• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#61 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,242 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 08:08 AM

Balt Baseball: Scott force-fed into big situation Tuesday — a stark reminder that Bleier is lost for year (and O’Day unavailable)
http://www.baltimore...ay-unavailable/

#62 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,638 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 June 2018 - 08:49 AM

Balt Baseball: Scott force-fed into big situation Tuesday — a stark reminder that Bleier is lost for year (and O’Day unavailable)
http://www.baltimore...ay-unavailable/

I had no problem having Scott in there.   IMO, part of the development process.  He failed, but so what, we stink, give him the ball in the next tight situation and see if he learns.

• BSLChrisStoner, BobPhelan and Nigel Tufnel like this
@mikeghg

#63 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,577 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 10:47 AM

I had no problem having Scott in there.   IMO, part of the development process.  He failed, but so what, we stink, give him the ball in the next tight situation and see if he learns.

Don't expect anything from him but I agree.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#64 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 20 June 2018 - 10:53 AM

Shit..I didn’t realize Bleier was gone for the year. I’m so out of the loop right now. lol

That’s a big loss to the pen and potentially a big loss in the trade market, although they wouldn’t have likely been smart enough to trade him.

#65 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,577 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 12:44 PM

Shit..I didn’t realize Bleier was gone for the year. I’m so out of the loop right now. lol

That’s a big loss to the pen and potentially a big loss in the trade market, although they wouldn’t have likely been smart enough to trade him.

Why trade him when you could have done a Richard Bleier t-shirt night?

Fun fact: I was there for Jason Berken t-shirt night.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#66 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 20 June 2018 - 12:52 PM

Was Jason Berken T-shirt night the highlight of Jason Berkens life?
  • BobPhelan likes this

#67 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,577 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 12:56 PM

Was Jason Berken T-shirt night the highlight of Jason Berkens life?

Had to be, but he got shelled in that game. Pretty sure it was this one. Go figure.

Berken actually just retired last year...man that feels like forever ago.

#68 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,638 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 June 2018 - 06:58 PM

I feel bad for the guy, he battled so long then has some success, and his arm blows up.

He looked like he was in serious pain too.

@mikeghg

#69 CA-ORIOLE

CA-ORIOLE

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • LocationSOCAL

Posted 05 August 2018 - 11:01 PM

Amazing how this guy alternates between good and terrible performances. Good one tonight. Just shows you how frustrating prospects are I guess. Kudo's  to Buck for staying with him and not babying him ether.   

#70 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 06 August 2018 - 07:26 AM

Amazing how this guy alternates between good and terrible performances. Good one tonight. Just shows you how frustrating prospects are I guess. Kudo's to Buck for staying with him and not babying him ether.

As with any young player in any sport, i want to see how he progresses as the season goes on. What does he learn? How does he adjust?

Because of the control issues he has had, if he ever gets it, it may take a few seasons. Look at Andrew Miller. He had some huge walk years as a reliever at first. He eventually settled down but it didn’t happen overnight. Luckily Scott is younger than Miller was, so time is definitely on his side but it may not be a slam dunk that he’s a reliable high leverage guy for another year or 2.

#71 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 05:28 AM

Had to be, but he got shelled in that game. Pretty sure it was this one. Go figure.

Berken actually just retired last year...man that feels like forever ago.

And you got to see the classic uneven performance from Arrieta.  What a night!

#72 birdwatcher55

birdwatcher55

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 03:28 PM

Amazing how this guy alternates between good and terrible performances. Good one tonight. Just shows you how frustrating prospects are I guess. Kudo's  to Buck for staying with him and not babying him ether.   

Young prospects are going to be up and down. I'd like to see Scott in the closers role in September when nothing much matters.

#73 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,242 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 06:39 AM

Camden Chat: Tanner Scott showed flashes of dominance during an erratic 2018 season
https://www.camdench...es-tanner-scott

#74 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,242 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 04:28 PM

MASN: Tanner Scott has been closing the gap between potential and performance
http://www.masnsport...erformance.html

#75 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,881 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 04:41 PM

His 4.73 BB/9 in the major leagues last year was the lowest he's ever had at any stop aside from 21 innings in Delmarva in 2015 when it was slightly lower.  For his minor league career, he was at a completely unsustainable 6.6 BB/9 and that includes 6.0 BB/9 in '17 in Bowie and 6.8 BB/9 in a very short amount of time at Norfolk in '18.

I think that if he can maintain that sub-5 walk rate, then he's a major league relief pitcher.  If that was a fluke and he falls back to 6.5 or higher, then he's not.  Somewhere in between will mean he's somewhere between a useful reliever and AAA fodder.  If he made actual  improvement and can continue improving to become a sub-4 BB/9 guy, then he's a potentially elite relief pitcher.

• BSLSteveBirrer likes this

#76 CA-ORIOLE

CA-ORIOLE

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • LocationSOCAL

Posted 14 November 2018 - 02:57 PM

Would really like to see him develop a changeup. Even a half decent one. 

• JeremyStrain likes this

#77 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,242 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 10:32 AM

#orioles announce roster moves: LHP Richard Bleier on the 10-day Injured List (retroactive to April 10; left shoulder tendinitis), recalled LHP Tanner Scott from AAA Norfolk, and selected the contract of RHP Josh Lucas from AAA Norfolk.

#78 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,613 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 16 May 2019 - 10:20 PM

AAA: 0-1, 7.71 ERA, 6.1 IP, 5 BB, 9 K, 1.42 WHIP

#79 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators