#122 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 26 September 2015 - 03:56 PM

Maryland Football is in a very precarious position. Edsall has needed to go for some time now, with myself and a great many more fans/posters calling for a change. Anderson kept Edsall and (in his eyes) played it safe. Now with a coach that most see as a lame duck, Anderson has to decide whether to fire him mid-season or after the season (even this is not a slam dunk). The major issue revolves around the potential loss of both players transferring and recruits de-committing or simply changing their minds. I wouldn't blame them. With a big name hire bringing excitement back to the program, there is a chance that we retain our players and recruits, but it's not a sure thing. We cannot, however, NOT make a change based on those fears. The new hire must be someone that most everyone will be excited to see attempt turn the program around. Another Edsall-like hire won't do it.

• BSLChrisStoner and BSLMikeLowe like this

#123 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,622 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 26 September 2015 - 03:59 PM

Maryland Football is in a very precarious position. Edsall has needed to go for some time now, with myself and a great many more fans/posters calling for a change. Anderson kept Edsall and (in his eyes) played it safe. Now with a coach that most see as a lame duck, Anderson has to decide whether to fire him mid-season or after the season. The major issue revolves around the potential loss of both players transferring and recruits de-committing or simply changing their minds. I wouldn't blame them. With a big name hire bringing excitement back to the program, there is a chance that we retain our players and recruits, but it;s not a slam dunk. We cannot, however, NOT make a change based on those fears. The new hire must be someone that most everyone will be excited to see attempt turn the program around. Another Edsall-like hire won't do it.

Well said Greg. Fire Edsall, bring in a meaningful hire, and if recruits leave, so be it.

Cost of doing business, as it were.
  • Greg Pappas likes this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#124 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 26 September 2015 - 04:08 PM

Someone beep me if they put in Garman.

• Greg Pappas likes this

@fuzydunlop

#125 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 26 September 2015 - 04:10 PM

Well said Greg. Fire Edsall, bring in a meaningful hire, and if recruits leave, so be it.

Cost of doing business, as it were.

Yeah. Naturally we hope that the recruiting uptick continues and the guys we nabbed stay on. Locksley is a great recruiter and also he's a great recruiter. :P

Keep him away from the sideline and especially away from the OC position. If he leaves that'll hurt us, so perhaps a pay raise and new position should be created to keep him. 

CAN we hire a big time guy? It's hard to say, but even another Edsall-level guy from the MAC would be an upgrade over Randy and friends. However, I'd prefer someone that would REALLY get the program and fans amped.

#126 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,541 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 26 September 2015 - 04:17 PM

Laughs.

#127 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 26 September 2015 - 04:18 PM

ARE YOU SERIOUS! Does Garman have a broken leg, Randy?! Kevin Anderson should fire Edsall right now in the 3rd quarter. THAT is how awful Edsall is.

#128 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,520 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 26 September 2015 - 04:20 PM

Well said Greg. Fire Edsall, bring in a meaningful hire, and if recruits leave, so be it. Cost of doing business, as it were.
  Yeah. Naturally we hope that the recruiting uptick continues and the guys we nabbed stay on. Locksley is a great recruiter and also he's a great recruiter. Keep him away from the sideline and especially away from the OC position. If he leaves that'll hurt us, so perhaps a pay raise and new position should be created to keep him.  CAN we hire a big time guy? It's hard to say, but even another Edsall-level guy from the MAC would be an upgrade over Randy and friends. However, I'd prefer someone that would REALLY get the program and fans amped.
I once thought it would be difficult to keep Locksley if you made a change. But now, I can't imagine even a low-level FBS team wanting him as an OC. His ceiling is clearly a positional assistant who can recruit the DMV. Given that, he'd probably work for whatever school will pay him the most for what he brings....so if UM is willing to ante up, I see no reason why he wouldn't stay as a RB coach (what he was during his first tenure at MD).
  • Greg Pappas likes this

#129 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,520 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 04:29 PM

That was a perfect example of how this is just as much on the coaching as the players. Why do you have Wes Brown trying to beat one of the best safeties in college football one-on-one? Seriously, who drew that up?

#130 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,520 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 04:38 PM

How bad is Caleb Rowe? He leads the FBS in interceptions thrown this season (9) despite having only started 2 of his team's 4 games.
  • You Play to Win the Game and Markus like this

#131 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,622 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 26 September 2015 - 04:44 PM

Faking a punt up 38-0. Now we head hunt.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#132 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,520 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 04:46 PM

LOL....this has degraded to the point where WV is using it as a chance to practice their trick plays for actual competition down the road.

#133 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,520 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 04:48 PM

If this team had any guts, they'd be pissed off right now. But they don't. Right now their heart is on a bus somewhere around Hagerstown headed east.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#134 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 26 September 2015 - 04:48 PM

Sounds like I've made the right decision switching from watching the game to watching House Hunters.

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#135 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,520 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 04:53 PM

A fitting start to the Daxx Garman Era.

#136 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,520 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 05:02 PM

Shades of 2012....at the rate MD is going through QBs, they'll have a linebacker starting there again late in the season. But this time it'll have nothing to do with injuries.

#137 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,464 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 05:08 PM

Faking a punt up 38-0. Now we head hunt.

Wait, did they really do that?

I was busy mowing the lawn.  Far more entertaining than this game.  And I have a pushmower.

#138 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 05:10 PM

Someone beep me if they put in Garman.

Beep
  • McNulty likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#139 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,520 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 05:11 PM

Damn, there goes the shutout.

#140 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,520 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 05:21 PM

This game is going to come down to whether or not the defense can get a couple of important stops. WV got 33 first downs in last season's game. It'll be a long day if that happens again.

Well, WV didn't get 33 first downs. They got 37. With time still left on the clock. And yet, instead of a long day it felt like this was over quickly and almost painlessly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=