Posted 26 September 2015 - 03:27 PM

This is quite simply pathetic.

#102 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,332 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 03:28 PM

Yeah, fire him now. Make a statement. New Cole Field isn't open yet... the recruiting and talent isn't there yet... but regardless, we will no longer accept losing 28-0 with 10 minutes left in the 2nd quarter against a good, but not great team. This just simply can't be acceptable if you're trying to get to the next level as a program. It starts with accountability. I don't care about the money. Make the move.

It feels like the only viable plan.

#103 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,541 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 26 September 2015 - 03:28 PM

This can't be acceptable 5 years into a program. Just absolutely ridiculous if this is tolerated.
  • Greg Pappas likes this

#104 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,357 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 26 September 2015 - 03:29 PM

Yeah, probably time to start looking at other options. The only thing that I'll say is that you have to be careful not to hire someone just to hire someone. Take your time and make the right move. And if the right guy isn't out there, take more time. No reason to lock a guy up for 4 years just to have him be a poor fit.
@BSLZackKiesel

#105 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 26 September 2015 - 03:33 PM

Just... wow. The utter futility is remarkable.

#106 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 26 September 2015 - 03:34 PM

Daxx Garman must feel like a worthless piece of crap playing behind Hills and Rowe. God Almighty... this is laughably bad, but I'm not laughing.

#107 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,332 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 03:37 PM

Yeah, probably time to start looking at other options. The only thing that I'll say is that you have to be careful not to hire someone just to hire someone. Take your time and make the right move. And if the right guy isn't out there, take more time. No reason to lock a guy up for 4 years just to have him be a poor fit.

If you make the move now... make one of the coordinators the interim... gives you a couple of months to do lots of homework looking for the correct hire.

#108 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,464 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 03:37 PM

Over/under 0.5 wins for the rest of the season?

This team has far too much talent to be this terrible.  What an embarrassment.

• Greg Pappas likes this

#109 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,244 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 26 September 2015 - 03:38 PM

Hahahahahah

#110 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,357 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 26 September 2015 - 03:39 PM

If you make the move now... make one of the coordinators the interim... gives you a couple of months to do lots of homework looking for the correct hire.
Agreed, probably Dudzinski, players all respect and like him. Has been with Edsall all 5 years.
@BSLZackKiesel

#111 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,541 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 26 September 2015 - 03:40 PM

I mean, you really can't even make this shit up. Unbelievable.
  • Greg Pappas likes this

#112 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,619 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 26 September 2015 - 03:42 PM

Wes Brown has been the best RB since he set foot on campus.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#113 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Even on good plays they screw up... that's on Ross.

#114 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,520 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

You definitely aren't going to find your long-term solution in mid-season. But neither coordinator is more than a placeholder. The reason to make a move now is simply to give the players and recruits time to process the upcoming change. Shack will quibble with me if he reads this, but I still believe that if you know you have to make a change, there is no point in dragging this out for the rest of the season. These players have not responded to anything today....I see quit in them.

#115 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 26 September 2015 - 03:45 PM

I made the mistake of not changing the channel in the living room.  Went into the kitchen to get something to drink and saw things had actually gotten worse from when I stopped watching.  Oh my.

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#116 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,520 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 03:47 PM

I made the mistake of not changing the channel in the living room.  Went into the kitchen to get something to drink and saw things had actually gotten worse from when I stopped watching.  Oh my.

I hope that drink was a double. Send one up here next time you're in the kitchen, please.

#117 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,332 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 03:47 PM

And Rowe can't start the 2nd half.

#118 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,464 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 03:48 PM

This offense just has no chance.  Mike Locksley may be a great recruiter but he should probably never be in charge of an offense again.  

And Caleb Rowe, lol

#119 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,357 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 26 September 2015 - 03:50 PM

This offense just has no chance.  Mike Locksley may be a great recruiter but he should probably never be in charge of an offense again.     And Caleb Rowe, lol

Yeah, his work as a play-caller has been very bad. The scheme is good, I like some of what they do, he just can't seem to call plays in such a way that the offense can succeed.
@BSLZackKiesel

#120 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,520 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 03:51 PM

So by the end of this game MD should be double-digits in minus turnover margin on the season and averaging well into the triple digits in penalty yards per game vs FBS teams. "Coach Edsall, why is your team so awful in year five of your building plan?" "I'll have to look at the film."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=