5819 replies to this topic

#141 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 23 September 2015 - 06:19 AM

So... feet are pretty important.

Yeah figured that out when I broke my right foot last summer. Makes things so awkward.

I mean unless you're sleeping or just sitting there, it impacts everything you do. Awkward is putting it lightly.

How'd you break it? Did you walk in a boot or have surgery? How long till the pain subsided? No ligament is different than bone breaks... but still curious as to what your experience was like.

It was kind of fluke, stepped funny kind of slanted and it popped. Thought I had a mid foot sprain cause it was swollen and stiff the next morning, ended up I broke the 3rd metatarsal.

Just hurt to put weight on, was in a walking boot for about 6 weeks total. Probably would have been less but I couldn't stay off it long enough to really let it heal.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#142 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,525 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 23 September 2015 - 08:04 AM

Somewhat similar to me though I think the stair exercises I've been doing is what caused it. Started out sore but got progressively worse as I walked on it. Now I'm ordered off my feet entirely for 3 weeks with a boot when I absolutely must. I'm starting to get the hang of it. I'm just hoping to avoid surgery. That'd be a long road back in the shape I'm in.

#143 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 08:05 AM

Somewhat similar to me though I think the stair exercises I've been doing is what caused it. Started out sore but got progressively worse as I walked in it. Now I'm ordered off my feet entirely for 3 weeks with a boot when I absolutely must. I'm starting to get the hang of it. I'm just hoping to avoid surgery. That'd be a long road back in the shape I'm in.

You using the step mill?

#144 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 08:18 AM

Somewhat similar to me though I think the stair exercises I've been doing is what caused it. Started out sore but got progressively worse as I walked on it. Now I'm ordered off my feet entirely for 3 weeks with a boot when I absolutely must. I'm starting to get the hang of it. I'm just hoping to avoid surgery. That'd be a long road back in the shape I'm in.

Man, sounds more like a stress fracture than a ligament thing. Hope it heals fast.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#145 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,660 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 08:34 AM

People obsessed with Disney parks.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#146 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 08:54 AM

People obsessed with Disney parks.

MGM is pretty cool. Magic Kingdom if i was a kid or a chick. The rest of it...meh.
@BSLMikeRandall

#147 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,660 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 09:05 AM

I have a buddy who has been to Disney World 4 times this year and will be going to Disney Land in October. Need I also mention he just took a Disney cruise last week.

So that's 6 Disney-related trips so far this year.

His daughter worked there this year so that's why he was able to go so much. But he's been to the park, and or cruise for once a year probably over the last 8-10 years.

Then there's this (my wife forwarded this to me, I don't read Good Housekeeping...haha):

http://www.goodhouse...n-disney-world/

I went when I was 7-8 for a day...don't remember much of it aside from a few things.

But I have no inkling of desire to go. It's expensive, crowded, and I'm a grown ass man. For the people who are obsessed and say traveling elsewhere is too expensive, I just took a 2 week trip to Montenegro and Croatia with a rental car, eating out for most meals, etc...and we spent ~ $6500.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#148 tennOsfan

tennOsfan

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationJonesborough, TN

Posted 23 September 2015 - 09:08 AM

For the admission price and horrible crowds, I'd forgo Disney anytime and go to any other amusement park in America.  Rides are better at Hershey Park.

#149 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,660 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 09:10 AM

Right.

There are hardly any rides, too!

#150 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,525 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 23 September 2015 - 09:18 AM

Somewhat similar to me though I think the stair exercises I've been doing is what caused it. Started out sore but got progressively worse as I walked in it. Now I'm ordered off my feet entirely for 3 weeks with a boot when I absolutely must. I'm starting to get the hang of it. I'm just hoping to avoid surgery. That'd be a long road back in the shape I'm in.

You using the step mill?

Nope... just did 20 flights at my house... it was last Sunday. I hosted a football party and didn't have time to take the dog on a long walk, so I got my cardio that way instead. It was just too much with all the weight.

#151 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,525 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 23 September 2015 - 09:19 AM

Man, sounds more like a stress fracture than a ligament thing. Hope it heals fast.

Agreed. I thought for sure it was a stress fracture but turned out to be a partially torn interior peroneal retinacalum ligament.

#152 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,525 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 23 September 2015 - 09:21 AM

Right.

There are hardly any rides, too!

I don't get it either. A one time thing makes sense. Maybe a couple times with kids if you've got em. But there are so many better options.

#153 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,660 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 09:22 AM

People take infants there. Or toddlers who won't remember. I think most people who go go for themselves not for their kids.

#154 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 09:28 AM

People take infants there. Or toddlers who won't remember. I think most people who go go for themselves not for their kids.

We've waited years, ours are 6 and 4 now and we are just looking at planning a trip now because they wouldn't get anything out of it when they are too young.

@JeremyMStrain

#155 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,660 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 09:29 AM

Good for you.

#156 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 23 September 2015 - 09:36 AM

So what you are saying is don't do anything fun with your kids until they are old enough to remember it, otherwise what's the point. ;)

• Don Quixote and KWebz like this

#157 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 23 September 2015 - 09:37 AM

We've waited years, ours are 6 and 4 now and we are just looking at planning a trip now because they wouldn't get anything out of it when they are too young.

Same,  we are looking at 2018 for our trip down there.

#158 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,660 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 09:38 AM

They can do whatever they want to do. I just don't see the point in doing it until they can remember. Otherwise you're going for yourself. But there's a big ass world out there. Just annoys me when people keep spending lots of money to keep going back to Disney. Even worse when they try to say Epcot allows them to do that.

#159 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 23 September 2015 - 09:38 AM

I also have a friend who's wife is a Disney Consultant (part time gig) who if you pay money she will help plan your vacation for you.  Thanks but I'll hold onto the extra money and figure it out for myself.

#160 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,660 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 09:40 AM

I also have a friend who's wife is a Disney Consultant (part time gig) who if you pay money she will help plan your vacation for you.  Thanks but I'll hold onto the extra money and figure it out for myself.

Or they can talk to my friends. They know all the ins and outs. Meal plans, character breakfasts, fast passes, makes my head spin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=