Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 01:28 PM

Ill be 44 in a month..

cannot tie a tie. Whatever

I'm a lefty too

Just wear your Hammerin' Hank jersey... or your Jim Brown jersey... or your Elvin Hayes HOU jersey...

I wonder if lefties tie their ties backwards... if you could only tie a tie, you could tell me... but you can't, so thanks for nothing...   :wink:

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#102 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 01:30 PM

I'm left handed and probably tie my shoes and ties "backwards". Whatever, the job gets done

#103 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 01:32 PM

I'm left handed and probably tie my shoes and ties "backwards". Whatever, the job gets done

It's a good thing lefties don't drive on the wrong side of the road...

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#104 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 01:47 PM

I can tie a square knot and a windsor as a lefty. That's all I learned in the Navy.

#105 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 14 September 2015 - 02:14 PM

Just wear your Hammerin' Hank jersey... or your Jim Brown jersey... or your Elvin Hayes HOU jersey...

I wonder if lefties tie their ties backwards... if you could only tie a tie, you could tell me... but you can't, so thanks for nothing...   :wink:

Or my 14 Jeter jerseys (home and road for each day of the week, of course)

:)

#idontreallyownajeterjersey

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@beginthebegin71

#106 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,474 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 14 September 2015 - 02:16 PM

Lol... I'm at least mildly surprised you don't own a Jeter jersey. Unless you're the type that just isn't into jerseys.

#107 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 14 September 2015 - 02:18 PM

Lol... I'm at least mildly surprised you don't own a Jeter jersey. Unless you're the type that just isn't into jerseys.

Let's just say that i embellished my Jeter love for the board just a tad..

But I was a fan of his. But nothing like it became, exaggeration wise. 

@beginthebegin71

#108 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 02:25 PM

Or my 14 Jeter jerseys (home and road for each day of the week, of course)

Wait a sec... 14 * 2 doesn't equal 44...

You must be a Big 10 fan... or a Big 12 fan...

#109 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 02:26 PM

Lol... I'm at least mildly surprised you don't own a Jeter jersey.

Just proves he has a shred of decency left...

#110 Cisc-O's

Cisc-O's

Back by no demand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,091 posts
  • LocationFresh Prince of .......

Posted 14 September 2015 - 03:39 PM

Let's just say that i embellished my Jeter love for the board just a tad..

But I was a fan of his. But nothing like it became, exaggeration wise. 

Whatever Lebron.

<p>I am pretty sure Shack is thinking of PBR.

#111 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 14 September 2015 - 06:51 PM

I hate the modern habit of referring to every school by 3 letters... it's ambiguous way to often... which is needless...

Is OSU OhowIhateohiostate or Okla-St or Oreg-St?   Is MSU Mich-St or Miss-St?  Is USC Southern Cal or S.Car?

I blame ESPN... they started using abbrev's that nobody ever used before...before them, nobody ever called that school in Ohio "OSU"... and nobody ever called Michigan State "MSU"... and nobody ever called S.Car "USC"...

If they'd only used 4 letters instead of 3, it wouldn't be ambiguous... OhSt / OkSt / OrSt... MiSt / MsSt... SCal / SCar... plus, there's often no reason to use even 3 letters... you can do all the the U's that are just state names with just 2 letters...

I bet nobody ever thought it through and officially decided to do it... I bet it was just some guy in the onscreen-graphics dept that did it, and then everybody just followed suit.. and I bet he wasn't even a sports fan...because if he was, he would've known better...

The last straw was when they used "GTU" for GT... there is no place on the planet called Georgia Tech University...

I'm pretty sure that Georgia Tech (Georgia Institute of Technology) and Boston College are the only FBS schools not officially named "university" (Virginia Tech is officially "Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University").

@DJ_McCann

#112 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 07:15 PM

I'm pretty sure that Georgia Tech (Georgia Institute of Technology) and Boston College are the only FBS schools not officially named "university" (Virginia Tech is officially "Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University").

VMI? The military academies?

#113 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 14 September 2015 - 07:56 PM

VMI not FBS

#114 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 07:57 PM

VMI isn't FBS. Army, Navy and Air Force would count.

@DJ_McCann

#115 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 12:39 AM

There are 5 of them:  GT, BC and the 3 service academies...

VaTech used to go by VPI.. and they still should   :wink:

The VA legislature added the "and State University" to the official name in the 1970's but they didn't officially start using "Virginia Tech" instead of "VPI" as the short name until the 1990's...

GT people still refer to them as VPI... it's partially to annoy them, but it's mainly because VPI people are presumptuous enough to refer to their school simply as "Tech"... GT has been "Tech" for 130 years, has been playing football against UGA for over 120 years...John Heisman started his 16 years of coaching there over 110 years ago... so WTF is VPI doing thinking  the name "Tech" is theirs after just a couple measly decades?  (To be fair, which I'd rather not do, they used Virginia Tech unofficially way before that...)

So, at GT somebody might ask, "How's Tech doing against VPI?"   Google understands... google "VPI football" and google knows what to do...

#116 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 06:46 PM

I saw the worst guy at the bar. He had on a shirt with the Redskins logo on it, shaped like a Yankees logo. Also sporting a Miami Heat hat.

Funny. I always thought it was Yankees Cowboys Lakers.
@BSLMikeRandall

#117 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 09:53 PM

Bloomberg: You Aren't Good Enough to Win Money Playing Daily Fantasy Football

• Mike in STL and Markus like this
@DJ_McCann

#118 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 07:02 AM

Gonna go out on a limb here and say if the 14 year old boy was white and named Johnny Smith, doubtful he wouyld have been arrested. Irving Texas School District and City officials owes this kid a big 'We were wrong and very sorry'. Otherwise, SUE!

This is what happens when fear and stereotypes, which we’ve already witnessed too much of in Irving, supplant respect and common sense:

A 14-year-old Muslim student can get humiliated and handcuffed for bringing a homemade digital clock to an American school.

And then, once school and city officials realize they’ve bungled the incident from start to finish, they continue to rationalize the heavy-handed way they got to the bottom of it.

No public apology, mind you, to Ahmed Mohamed and his family.

They simply say they’re not going to file criminal charges.

And the case, the police chief declared Wednesday, “is considered closed.”

Except, of course, that this case isn’t closed in the public’s eye, because it reveals how a culture of fear can reduce well-meaning authority figures into bumbling idiots, or worse — Overzealous Lords of Public Safety.

http://www.dallasnew...big-apology.ece

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#119 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 07:15 AM

Gonna go out on a limb here and say if the 14 year old boy was white and named Johnny Smith, doubtful he wouyld have been arrested. Irving Texas School District and City officials owes this kid a big 'We were wrong and very sorry'. Otherwise, SUE!

http://www.dallasnew...big-apology.ece

If it was a white kid, they might have taken his briefcase away... or not...

But they would not have yanked him out of class... and called the police... who arrested him... and handcuffed him... and hauled him down to the police station... and fingerprinted him... and put him in a room with 5 (count 'em, 5) detectives... who refused his explicit request to have his Dad there... and who repeatedly grilled him about his name... and who told him he *must* sign a statement... and told him he was wrong when he said he's an American and didn't have to sign anything... and wouldn't let him out of the room until he signed a statement... so, he wrote "I made a clock and they think it's a bomb" and signed it...  

Then, when the crap hit the fan, the school says they can't discuss it because they need to protect the kid's privacy... yeah, right, that's exactly why they don't wanna discuss it...

#120 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,777 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 08:10 AM

I can see how it might look like a bomb to anybody who knows little about the insides of a clock or electronics in general (or bombs, I guess).

But to go from taking precaution and figuring out what the hell it is that he had to "you're under arrest because we think you're 9/11" is ridiculous.  Just an abundance of stupidity, with probably some fear and hatred sprinkled in.  But mostly stupidity.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=