#5761 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,922 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 11 July 2023 - 12:21 PM

I'll watch our boys tonight, and last night was fun for about an hour or so, but I really strongly dislike the all-star break. 

#5762 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,042 posts

Posted 11 July 2023 - 12:55 PM

Yup. I feel the same. The ASG is fun for a few innings and it reminds me of being a kid for a bit but then I remember it doesn't mean jack.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#5763 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,687 posts

Posted 11 July 2023 - 04:34 PM

The break is needed. I dont care that much about the AS game and the events around it but I welcome the break for the players.

#5764 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,922 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 11 July 2023 - 04:58 PM

That goes without being said. Also serves as a pseudo mini-GM meetings part 2 and is likely a catalyst to a degree to all the moves that will go down these next few weeks.

Still hate it. Even if my BP appreciates the break.

#5765 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 11 July 2023 - 05:06 PM

That goes without being said. Also serves as a pseudo mini-GM meetings part 2 and is likely a catalyst to a degree to all the moves that will go down these next few weeks.

Still hate it. Even if my BP appreciates the break.

I hate it because the O’s were on a heater. But if the break was two weeks earlier we would probably be welcoming it.
@BSLMikeRandall

#5766 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,922 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 11 July 2023 - 05:08 PM

Hopefully they pick up where they left off - but really just have to keep grinding. Some tough games coming up.

#5767 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,872 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 11 July 2023 - 05:13 PM

I'll watch our boys tonight, and last night was fun for about an hour or so, but I really strongly dislike the all-star break.

I was out of town all last week and saw zero action, come home in time to catch the last inning or 2 on the radio Sunday and now thats it til Friday.

#5768 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,148 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 20 July 2023 - 04:41 PM

Florida.

Just, in general.

• You Play to Win the Game, McNulty and DuffMan like this

#5769 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts

Posted 05 September 2023 - 08:59 PM

Came across a yellow jacket nest while walking the dog in the woods. What a bunch of jerks those things are. Got me at least 10 times.
  • russsnyder likes this

#5770 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,115 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 05 September 2023 - 09:52 PM

Came across a yellow jacket nest while walking the dog in the woods. What a bunch of jerks those things are. Got me at least 10 times.

Ugh. Been there. Not fun. Feel better

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#5771 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 05 September 2023 - 11:26 PM

Ouch. I got one mowing the grass a few weeks ago and hated life for about 15 minutes. And that was one. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#5772 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,720 posts

Posted 06 September 2023 - 03:39 AM

Yeah, yellow jackets are nasty.

Got stung about five times in my back while doing yard work about 15 years ago.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#5773 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,638 posts

Posted 06 September 2023 - 11:11 PM

Yeah, yellow jackets are nasty.

Got stunk about five times in my back while doing yard work about 15 years ago.

Them and bald-faced hornets. I've had run-in with both over the years and neither are the most pleasant creatures you'll ever encounter.

#5774 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,720 posts

Posted 07 September 2023 - 07:34 AM

I can't believe that all Baltimore City Schools don't have air conditioning at this point in time. (I'll grant that Baltimore College likely presents some unique challenges.) To have children attend schools with inadequate HVAC systems in this day and age is inexcusable.

#5775 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,148 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 18 September 2023 - 01:27 PM

I can't believe that all Baltimore City Schools don't have air conditioning at this point in time. (I'll grant that Baltimore College likely presents some unique challenges.) To have children attend schools with inadequate HVAC systems in this day and age is inexcusable.

My son's school (in the county) didn't have HVAC the first two years and I seriously still don't understand how. 

#5776 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,720 posts

Posted 18 September 2023 - 08:40 PM

My son's school (in the county) didn't have HVAC the first two years and I seriously still don't understand how.

It's ridiculous.

There's no way a child isn't worn out by sitting in a stifling hot classroom for six or seven hours.

Not a conducive environment for learning.

#5777 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,720 posts

Posted 08 October 2023 - 06:59 AM

I actually saw a motorcyclist watching something on his phone while travelling on 29 South Friday morning. Unbelievable.

#5778 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 11 December 2023 - 03:40 PM

My wife and I went to see Moulin Rouge at the Hippodrome over the weekend.  The guy directly in from of me spent the entire time either 1) coughing, 2) drinking water, 3) holding the water bottle against his forehead, 4) fanning himself with his program, and 5) checking his phone for texts.  He left before the intermission and never came back, but I figure he was there long enough to give COVID to all of us around him.  Hopefully it was allergies or something, I guess.

#5779 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,042 posts

Posted 11 December 2023 - 03:54 PM

My wife and I went to see Moulin Rouge at the Hippodrome over the weekend.  The guy directly in from of me spent the entire time either 1) coughing, 2) drinking water, 3) holding the water bottle against his forehead, 4) fanning himself with his program, and 5) checking his phone for texts.  He left before the intermission and never came back, but I figure he was there long enough to give COVID to all of us around him.  Hopefully it was allergies or something, I guess.

That sucks. Hope you survive.

I saw the show at Kennedy Center earlier this year. It was fantastic.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#5780 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,042 posts

Posted 26 December 2023 - 11:46 AM

Bad drivers. Even on Christmas day. Ugh. I want machine guns mounted on the hood of my car.

Fast food litter. Routinely on the side of the road in my neighborhood. Take your McDonald's bag home and throw it away you disgusting fat f--k.

Merry Bleeping Christmas.

• BSLChrisStoner and russsnyder like this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)

Our Sponsors

width=