5819 replies to this topic

#5781 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,226 posts

Posted 26 December 2023 - 05:18 PM

Bad drivers. Even on Christmas day. Ugh. I want machine guns mounted on the hood of my car.

Fast food litter. Routinely on the side of the road in my neighborhood. Take your McDonald's bag home and throw it away you disgusting fat f--k.

Merry Bleeping Christmas.

I routinely find bags of empty fast food bags, empty beer and soda bottles on my lawn. At least once a week. I just don't get it. Don't get me started about the plastic bags of dog crap that I pick up when I take my dog for a walk at the park across the street. I know I'm going to sound like a cranky old man, but have some decency and clean up after yourself. End of rant.
  • NewMarketSean likes this
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#5782 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 09 January 2024 - 08:12 AM

I love a block pool as much as the next person (have probably even solicited for one or two) but the amount of people in my news feed currently running one right now is too much

#5783 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 18 January 2024 - 02:41 PM

People who get "really mad" that Taylor Swift goes to Chiefs games is quite odd to me. 

You're going to be ok, I promise. 

• mweb08 and russsnyder like this
@beginthebegin71

#5784 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,226 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 02:50 PM

People who get "really mad" that Taylor Swift goes to Chiefs games is quite odd to me.

It is odd, plus, She's going to get screen time because....She's Taylor Swift.
  • SBTarheel likes this
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#5785 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,603 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 04:29 PM

People throwing their trash into my trash can, then trash not getting picked up because of snow, and having a fully loaded trash can sit on the curb for a week with no space to throw MY trash bags into it.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#5786 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,962 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 04:34 PM

I don't remember any backlash when Tony Romo was dating Jessica Simpson, maybe because it was pre-social media, or maybe because I've forgotten.  And they definitely used to show Pete Sampras's wife like 200 times each match.

#5787 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 04:47 PM

Are people mad because she goes to games, or are people mad because they show her 20 times a game during the broadcast, and Nantz and Romo feel the need to use the word "Swift" like a pun all the time? 

The latter is quite eye rolling. I don't care if she goes to games. 

• CantonJester likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#5788 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 04:50 PM

I don't remember any backlash when Tony Romo was dating Jessica Simpson, maybe because it was pre-social media.  And they definitely used to show Pete Sampras's wife like 200 times each match.

Well, Veronica Vaughn makes Jessica Simpson and Taylor Swift look like Andy Reid. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#5789 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 18 January 2024 - 11:16 PM

Sonya Blade*
  • Mike in STL likes this

#5790 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,460 posts

Posted 27 January 2024 - 06:32 PM

Well, Veronica Vaughn makes Jessica Simpson and Taylor Swift look like Andy Reid.

Me and her GOT IT OOOOOOOONNNNNNNNN

#5791 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 27 January 2024 - 10:53 PM

Not seeing a Home Improvement thread, so I figured I'd add this here.

Anybody have any experience with installing (or having installed) soundproofing insulation, like this

I need to soundproof about 30 feet of our ground level living area (on the west side) in our row home. 

TL.DR; The guy who owns next to us is now renting his home because he got a great job out in San Diego. He's now paying a rental mgmt co who rented it out to a couple of kids less than half our age. They're partiers. They're also stupid. Tough combination. 

#5792 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,380 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 11 February 2024 - 03:30 PM

I should have realized this in the past, but I just realized that TransUnion is conflating me with my father in my credit report. So now I was born in 1954! 

It has my right name (different middle name) and ssn though.

Now what should be an easy fix on their end becomes making me mail a bunch of stuff to them to prove I'm me. Ridiculous. 

#5793 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 11 February 2024 - 11:25 PM

I should have realized this in the past, but I just realized that TransUnion is conflating me with my father in my credit report. So now I was born in 1954!

It has my right name (different middle name) and ssn though.

Now what should be an easy fix on their end becomes making me mail a bunch of stuff to them to prove I'm me. Ridiculous.

Crazy things happen. I first looked at a full on credit report of mine when I was about 23 y/o. Showed on there a credit card account that had been opened in 1979. 5 years before I was born. Disputing that was quite easy, but still dumb that I had to in the first place.
  • mweb08 likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#5794 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,380 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 12 February 2024 - 12:12 AM

Crazy things happen. I first looked at a full on credit report of mine when I was about 23 y/o. Showed on there a credit card account that had been opened in 1979. 5 years before I was born. Disputing that was quite easy, but still dumb that I had to in the first place.

Crazy indeed.

If this was easy, I wouldn't even post it, but it's a whole process now that is really silly.

#5795 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 13 February 2024 - 10:44 PM

Please, person that says January 6 was a "peaceful protest", tell me more about how REALLY MAD you are that Travis Kelce committed "violence" against Andy Reid. 

• You Play to Win the Game, Nigel Tufnel, RShack and 2 others like this
@beginthebegin71

#5796 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,379 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 14 February 2024 - 10:04 AM

Please, person that says January 6 was a "peaceful protest", tell me more about how REALLY MAD you are that Travis Kelce committed "violence" against Andy Reid. 

My 15 year old is a huge Swiftie and we got into this conversation yesterday. I asked her how she felt about all the "red flags" there were about Travis' "violent behavior" and she just sighed and goes. "OK look, I'm a bigger Swiftie than most of these people, but I understand, we are watching a sport we know nothing about, hell, most of them don't know anything about sports at all, at least I play. And these non sports people thinking they get to offer opinions about a whole world they know NOTHING about is embarrassing. Pick out conspiracy about what song is going to be stealth released on a day because of these numbers and signs, sure. But stay away from analyzing sports behavior because it's a whole world you will never understand."

• SBTarheel likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#5797 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 14 February 2024 - 10:33 AM

My 15 year old is a huge Swiftie and we got into this conversation yesterday. I asked her how she felt about all the "red flags" there were about Travis' "violent behavior" and she just sighed and goes. "OK look, I'm a bigger Swiftie than most of these people, but I understand, we are watching a sport we know nothing about, hell, most of them don't know anything about sports at all, at least I play. And these non sports people thinking they get to offer opinions about a whole world they know NOTHING about is embarrassing. Pick out conspiracy about what song is going to be stealth released on a day because of these numbers and signs, sure. But stay away from analyzing sports behavior because it's a whole world you will never understand."

Kudos to her!! Perfect response. 

They both laughed it off, it was beyond nothing. I thought about the Chris Davis/Brandon Hyde "fight" from a few years back right away. 

• JeremyStrain likes this
@beginthebegin71

#5798 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 14 February 2024 - 12:51 PM

Kudos to her!! Perfect response. 

They both laughed it off, it was beyond nothing. I thought about the Chris Davis/Brandon Hyde "fight" from a few years back right away. 

It's definitely not something you see often. Happening on the biggest stage adds fuel to the fire. Travis Kelce can get away with that kind of behavior. If Noah Gray put his hands on the head coach and screams in his face, he's riding the pine the rest of the night, maybe looking for a new home next season. 

Winning cures all. Being Travis Swift comes with privileges. 

• russsnyder likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#5799 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,962 posts

Posted 14 February 2024 - 01:19 PM

Meh, Chris Davis got away with it, too, in a year when he and the O's both sucked.

#5800 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 14 February 2024 - 01:19 PM

It's definitely not something you see often. Happening on the biggest stage adds fuel to the fire. Travis Kelce can get away with that kind of behavior. If Noah Gray put his hands on the head coach and screams in his face, he's riding the pine the rest of the night, maybe looking for a new home next season. 

Nah. Being in a relationship with Taylor Swift doesn't help Travis Kelce's presence in that locker room, nor does it help him 'get away' with shoving Andy Reid and barking at him to keep him in the [bleeping] game. I mean, Kelce blew up because he essentially watched his backup blow an assignment which may have led to a fumble. He wasn't right, but he also wasn't wrong. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=