#4581 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 11 January 2021 - 10:56 PM

Thanks fellas. Hope my earlier post didn't come off as complaining, i was in a bit of a stupor haha. Not gonna lie, he and I have not always seen eye to eye. But we're happy to try to take care of him and let him live his final days, however long they may be, with dignity.

That's all anyone can ask for. You're a good dude for that, man.

#4582 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,583 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 23 January 2021 - 12:30 PM

Currently in the waiting room while my wife gets an ectopic pregnancy removed. Stressful time on a roller coaster of emotions.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#4583 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,144 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 12:44 PM

All the best Bob.

• BobPhelan likes this

#4584 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 23 January 2021 - 12:47 PM

Currently in the waiting room while my wife gets an ectopic pregnancy removed. Stressful time on a roller coaster of emotions.

Damn man, I'm really sorry Bob. Hope all goes well man. Hang in there.

• BobPhelan likes this

#4585 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,785 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 01:15 PM

So sorry Bob, that's a terrible situation.
  • BobPhelan likes this

#4586 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 02:03 PM

Sorry to hear Bob. Awful news. Stay strong.
  • BobPhelan likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#4587 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,583 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 23 January 2021 - 02:28 PM

Thanks guys, surgery went smoothly so we just have to let her recover and we can try again in a couple months.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#4588 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 02:39 PM

Thanks guys, surgery went smoothly so we just have to let her recover and we can try again in a couple months.

Really sorry sir.

• BobPhelan likes this
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#4589 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 24 January 2021 - 11:59 PM

I'm so sorry, Bob. I hope for her strong recovery and a more favorable outcome in the future.

• BobPhelan likes this

#4590 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 07:49 AM

Very sorry to hear Bob.  

• BobPhelan likes this

#4591 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 26 January 2021 - 02:03 PM

This probably been mentioned before. But my vehicle was hit three times with slush and ice on my commute on rt70 this morning. It wasn't much to brush off. Please people have a bit of consideration.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#4592 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,144 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 01:15 PM

While I'm glad Zoom, etc exists...  I'm so over it.  It's great that we had this technology to leverage during this pandemic...  but you definitely miss something without the direct in-person human interaction.  

#4593 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 29 January 2021 - 01:17 PM

While I'm glad Zoom, etc exists...  I'm so over it.  It's great that we had this technology to leverage during this pandemic...  but you definitely miss something without the direct in-person human interaction.  

You do, I agree - and if I were more business oriented, I'd probably feel how you do - but I feel you gain more than you lose. Time is everything. And I Do. Not. Miss. all the hours wasted getting ready, driving, dealing with traffic, etc. 

#4594 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,144 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 01:25 PM

You do, I agree - and if I were more business oriented, I'd probably feel how you do - but I feel you gain more than you lose. Time is everything. And I Do. Not. Miss. all the hours wasted getting ready, driving, dealing with traffic, etc. 

Certainly something to be said for having a quick virtual meeting vs. spending the time driving somewhere to meet etc.  Get some time back, can also have additional meetings or do something else with that time... so that productivity does matter.  

But I find the quality of the conversations to be decidedly reduced vs. what they were in-person... so even though I've got that time back, the time spent was of lower quality. 

I don't know...tradeoffs I guess. 

Will be interesting to see how things adjust when we have the ability to meet.  Many people have voiced they will only do things via Zoom, etc going forward.  

#4595 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 10 March 2021 - 05:10 PM

Yaaaaaay identity fraud! Friggin Equifax...

(No money has been taken. Someone tried to get unemployment insurance in my name.)

#4596 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 07:28 PM

Yaaaaaay identity fraud! Friggin Equifax...

(No money has been taken. Someone tried to get unemployment insurance in my name.)

Had that issue recently too. There were 18 Amazon purchases in one day, all relatively cheap thank god. Called the bank and they said it came from my wife’s card. So they cancelled it, mailed her a new one. We did get the funds back. They cancelled mine though too without telling me, and without sending me a new one. Which I found out about two days later at the grocery store when it wouldn’t take at the register. She got her nice Ravens card in the mail in two days. When I called the bank and they realized their error, they sent me a new card. I get the dopey plain green one instead of my Ravens one. Then I go to activate it and my pin doesn’t work. I get back on the horn with customer service who “doesn’t handle PIN numbers over the phone”, will send me a new pin in the mail...Went into the branch the next day because I’d already sat on hold over 30 minutes on three separate occasions...explained what happened, said I’d like this card number, applied to a Ravens card, and reset my pin (I had errands to run, wanted to use the card until my Ravens one comes in). There was a language barrier though, I get my new pin, asked about the Ravens card, he offers me a credit card for some reason which decline, I ask again about the Ravens card, says “that card should work. Try in the ATM outside” I get that, I want the card I used to have. “That card works.” Ok. Never mind. It’s just a picture on a card at the end of the day.

A lot of hassle for me when someone hacked my wife’s card.
@BSLMikeRandall

#4597 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 11 March 2021 - 09:50 AM

defl40q-f563f50e-98cd-4106-9606-b963dd04

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#4598 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,948 posts

Posted 11 March 2021 - 09:55 AM

Good, he sucked.

#4599 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,743 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 11 March 2021 - 10:12 AM

Good, he sucked.

And he smelled

#4600 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,785 posts

Posted 11 March 2021 - 10:13 AM

Pepe seemed pretty rough even when I was a kid.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=