Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#62 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 03:30 PM

Which team is everybody? Should we have everyone make their teamname their BSL Handle? Trying to make some shrewd offseason trades and don't know who half the teams are owned by to figure out who to PM!

Gritcoin Miners.

#63 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,284 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 12:13 PM

Any sleepers/late round guys you particularly like this year?

I have a few guys I like. Allen Robinson will go late and is a clear #1 as of now. Was on pace for 1,000 yards as a rookie. TJ Yeldon and Tevin Coleman would be some decent late rounders. Abdullah isn't really a sleeper any more. In competitive leagues, someone will jump on him a little too early. Ebron is set for a big year. And some early round guys that aren't getting any respect seem to be Jeremy Hill and Latavious Murray.

#64 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 21 August 2015 - 01:10 PM

Any sleepers/late round guys you particularly like this year?

Pffft, I'm not giving you guys any targets for our league. ;)

@JeremyMStrain

#65 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,235 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 23 August 2015 - 07:09 PM

Had my league's draft last night, spot 9:

QB: Tony Romo (5)

WR: Antonio Brown (1)

WR: Calvin Johnson (2)

RB: Carlos Hyde (4)

RB: Rashad Jennings (6)
FLEX: Alfred Blue (7)
TE: Jimmy Graham (3)

K: Steven Hauschka (16)
DEF: Carolina (14)
Bench: Ryan Mathews (8), Phil Rivers (9), John Brown (10), David Cobb (11), Stevie Johnson (12), Dwayne Bowe (13), Roy Helu (15)

Don't like my RBs at all but I'm hopeful for an extended Foster injury or a Demarco injury.

The guy in front of me ended up picking Dez who I wanted all along to pair with Romo (6 pt/TD league)., I'm definitely happy with Brown though.

#66 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,551 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:19 PM

I pick 8th overall in a 12 team league.  I was offered from the guy who picks 9th:

His 1st and 10th rounders for my 2nd and 5th roundres

I don't mind losing the 2nd rounder, obviously, because I would pick 8th and 9th overall.  THe question is, is that worth giving up my 5th rounder to pick up a 10th rounder -- our league uses IDPs and has massive benches -- our league is 23 rounds.

Thoughts?

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#67 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,822 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:41 PM

Had my league's draft last night, spot 9:

QB: Tony Romo (5)

WR: Antonio Brown (1)

WR: Calvin Johnson (2)

RB: Carlos Hyde (4)

RB: Rashad Jennings (6)
FLEX: Alfred Blue (7)
TE: Jimmy Graham (3)

K: Steven Hauschka (16)
DEF: Carolina (14)
Bench: Ryan Mathews (8), Phil Rivers (9), John Brown (10), David Cobb (11), Stevie Johnson (12), Dwayne Bowe (13), Roy Helu (15)

Don't like my RBs at all but I'm hopeful for an extended Foster injury or a Demarco injury.

The guy in front of me ended up picking Dez who I wanted all along to pair with Romo (6 pt/TD league)., I'm definitely happy with Brown though.

This is probably great for you, but I don't like the squad.  Brown at #9 is absolutely fine.  I think Megatron at #16 and Graham at #33 are solid values there, but don't like having no RB through 3 rounds and then absolutely hate going for a third-tier QB in the 5th before getting a 2nd RB.

Healthy seasons from Megatron and Graham and your team can be a juggernaut even with suspect RB play, though.  Both of those guys have top-10 upside.

#68 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,235 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:49 PM

This is probably great for you, but I don't like the squad.  Brown at #9 is absolutely fine.  I think Megatron at #16 and Graham at #33 are solid values there, but don't like having no RB through 3 rounds and then absolutely hate going for a third-tier QB in the 5th before getting a 2nd RB.

Healthy seasons from Megatron and Graham and your team can be a juggernaut even with suspect RB play, though.  Both of those guys have top-10 upside.

In retrospect, I probably should've taken a Frank Gore in round 3 and then just gotten a different WR in round 4 (Graham would have been taken at 10, 11, or 12). I'm really high on Romo this year but like you said, the suspect RBs scare the crap out of me.

Definitely a different year philosophy-wise for me, as I usually go heavy on the RBs early on.

#69 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,551 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:51 PM

I'm going RB/RB -- always have, always will.  I just hate the idea of going into the mid rounds with just one solid RB.

• Mackus likes this

@bopper33

#70 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,822 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 03:11 PM

I pick 8th overall in a 12 team league.  I was offered from the guy who picks 9th:

I don't mind losing the 2nd rounder, obviously, because I would pick 8th and 9th overall.  THe question is, is that worth giving up my 5th rounder to pick up a 10th rounder -- our league uses IDPs and has massive benches -- our league is 23 rounds.

Thoughts?

So you trade #17 and #56 for #9 and #112.

I can't speak for how the IDPs and depth changes your draft, if IDPs have tons of value and start going in the 6th or 7th round, that might shift things, but I think that's worth it.  I think that could be the difference between getting Antonio Brown instead of Julio Jones.  Or Matt Forte instead of...I don't know I don't have many RBs in the teens most of the top guys are gone by then and you'd be reaching for someone like Ingram or Morris or Miller. 

I'd do it, I think that means you end up with a back-end stud RB and a top-end stud WR rather than a back-end stud RB and a back-end stud WR.  Try to get him to bump up to his 9th or 8th pick, but push come to shove I'd take the trade.  Just think about what players you could get at #9 that you can't at #17, and if it's worth losing your top backup RB or something like that to do that.

If you do this trade and lose the 5th, I would definitely recommend waiting to grab a QB.  Can't lose that pick where you should be getting depth at WR or RB and then get even thinner by taking Matt Ryan in the 6th round.

• Pedro Cerrano likes this

#71 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,822 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 03:13 PM

I'm going RB/RB -- always have, always will.  I just hate the idea of going into the mid rounds with just one solid RB.

Definitely make the trade then.  The backs available by #17 aren't nearly as good as the guys likely available at #9, IMO.  The tier split is prior to your 2nd round pick, so make the trade and get two guys from the higher tier.

#72 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 03:37 PM

I don't mind. Running backs are so volatile. Elite WRs are the surest bets to put up 1st round value type numbers. 10 team league last year I went Graham, D.Thomas, J.Thomas (who I flipped for A.J. Green), and A. Brown rounds 1-4. I rode Matt Asiata all the way to the finals. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#73 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 04:18 PM

So in my 14 team league, keepers are different. 3 of them and they get slotted two rounds higher than you drafted them. Undrafted keepers get slotted round 15, and you cant keep anyone drafted in the first two rounds. So its all about value.

I would be keeping Keenan Allen in the 13th, Owen Daniels in the 15th, and Mike Evans in the 5th. I am looking to trade LeGarratte Blount who would be able to be kept in the 11th round.

Blount is ranked by Yahoo as #62, and going roughly in the 5th round of drafts. I just dont want a NE RB on my team. Is a 6th round pick in trade so a guy can keep him at the 11th round (and 9th round next year, 7th round after that) too much to ask? Too little?
@BSLMikeRandall

#74 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,822 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 04:27 PM

I think it's reasonable but that doesn't represent a ton of surplus value in him to commit a 6th and 11th round pick to a guy rated in the late 4th or early 5th.  I'd be willing to come down a little bit if you really want to move him.

#75 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,551 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 04:29 PM

I don't mind. Running backs are so volatile. Elite WRs are the surest bets to put up 1st round value type numbers. 10 team league last year I went Graham, D.Thomas, J.Thomas (who I flipped for A.J. Green), and A. Brown rounds 1-4. I rode Matt Asiata all the way to the finals.

It's their volatility that leads me to want two solid guys. Guys I can rely on. WR you can mix and match as the year goes on IMO.

@bopper33

#76 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,551 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 09:12 AM

Thoughts?

Still torn on this.  Part of me hates moving down, what, 5 whole rounds just so I can move up 8 slots?  Is the talent difference that wide between pick #9 and pick #17?

@bopper33

#77 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,822 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 09:51 AM

Still torn on this.  Part of me hates moving down, what, 5 whole rounds just so I can move up 8 slots?  Is the talent difference that wide between pick #9 and pick #17?

If you're going RB-RB no matter who else is available, yes.  If you have a more adaptable strategy, then maybe not.  I think there is a huge talent difference between Murray, McCoy, and Hill (guys you could get at 9 who won't be there at 17) compared to Ingram, Morris, and Miller who you'll be picking from at 17.  I don't think there is a huge talent difference between Dez or Thomas (WR available at #9) compared to Jones, Green, or Cobb at #17.

I'd rather have Forte, Jones, and a 5th round pick than Forte, Dez, and a 10th round pick.

I'd rather have Forte, Murray, and a 10th round pick than Forte, Ingram, and a 5th round pick.

#78 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,822 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 09:56 AM

Unless you think Hill or McCoy drops to 17.  I've seen that in some places, but I wouldn't base a strategy on that happening.

#79 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,551 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 10:17 AM

Trying to get him to give me his 9th rounder back instead of 10th.

@bopper33

#80 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,822 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 11:56 AM

I'd definitely push for that, but wouldn't insist on it.  That's only a few spots, going to #105 instead of #112 and at that point in the draft (agan unless the IDP really changes things which it very well may) you're already at the point where who you pick is more about your roster construction to that point (what position you need) or targeting a sleeper type guy. 

I'd try much harder to give up only your 6th rounder instead of 5th.  That's a bigger change (#65 instead of #56) and much earlier in the draft where the higher pick has a greater difference in value compared to the lower one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=