#141 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 30 July 2015 - 11:48 AM

It's great that the Jays are trading away Norris. AA sees the axe over his head and says, eff it, I'll get two months of Price.
  • Greg Pappas, BobPhelan and tennOsfan like this

#142 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,252 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 30 July 2015 - 11:56 AM

@DAVIDprice14: I don't care what happens today...I'm taking BP at 2 in Camden no matter what...don't care what anyone says

#143 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 12:56 PM

Yankees scratch Pineda with forearm strain. Nova may be hurt as well. Might be last minute players.

#144 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 01:13 PM

David Price is 0-3 with an 8.22 ERA vs BAL, BOS, NYY & TB this season, and 9-1 with a 1.86 ERA vs all others

pic.twitter.com/MWqOBtIwYV
@BSLMikeRandall

#145 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 July 2015 - 01:43 PM

Good... let them deplete their system. They'll have Price for about 10 starts. I doubt they resign him. Toronto also has several key contributors that could go down at any moment given their injury history. I'm still not terribly frightened about them with regard to the 2nd WC.

But the Jays will spend in the draft and internationally. It's not the same as our organization trading top guys.

Plus, this makes it much harder to beat them out for a WC spot. So, we won't sell, lose a bunch of guys and still have a depleted system.

#146 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 30 July 2015 - 01:45 PM

I really don't think it makes it *much* harder. They are better, again... Price will have an impact in 10 games the rest of the way... not all of them will he be effective, and he's struggled against the ALE this year (although a SSS). They have a number of guys who have health issues, too. I ain't scurred. I do agree they will re-tool at a quicker rate than we would have. No doubt about that.

#147 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 July 2015 - 01:53 PM

Cubs are trying to trade Castro for controllable pitching.

Something with Ross and SD may be in the works.

#148 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,623 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 30 July 2015 - 03:32 PM

Yankees get Dustin Ackley. Watch out now!

#149 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,069 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 03:51 PM

The O's wanted Ackley when he went #2 overall to the Mariners, apparently they didn't know how to respond to the disappointment of missing out on him so they drafted Matt Hobgood who was a bust from pretty much the instant he signed.

Not terribly dissimilar to the Teixeria / Chris Smith year.

Only argument in defense of the Orioles is nobody who went after Teixeira in 2001 really ended up as an impact player.  Only guy in the first round with over 10 career WAR in 2001 was David Wright at #38.  2009 there is less of a defense, as Zach Wheeler (#6), Mike Leake (#8), Drew Storen (#11), AJ Pollock (#17), Shelby Miller (#19), Mike Trout! (#25), Rex Brothers (#34), and Garrett Richards (#42) have already made some level of impact and appear on their way to at least decent careers (and Trout may end up one of the best of all time, but nearly everyone passed on him).

• Cisc-O's likes this

#150 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,623 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 30 July 2015 - 06:33 PM

The Astros and Brewers are in agreement on a trade that will send center fielder Carlos Gomez and right-hander Mike Fiers to Houston, reports Jon Heyman of CBS Sports
  • Russ likes this

#151 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:12 PM

That Dodgers deal was a 3 team, 13 player trade.

My kind of trade. :)

#152 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:36 PM

The O's wanted Ackley when he went #2 overall to the Mariners, apparently they didn't know how to respond to the disappointment of missing out on him so they drafted Matt Hobgood who was a bust from pretty much the instant he signed.

Not terribly dissimilar to the Teixeria / Chris Smith year.

Only argument in defense of the Orioles is nobody who went after Teixeira in 2001 really ended up as an impact player.  Only guy in the first round with over 10 career WAR in 2001 was David Wright at #38.  2009 there is less of a defense, as Zach Wheeler (#6), Mike Leake (#8), Drew Storen (#11), AJ Pollock (#17), Shelby Miller (#19), Mike Trout! (#25), Rex Brothers (#34), and Garrett Richards (#42) have already made some level of impact and appear on their way to at least decent careers (and Trout may end up one of the best of all time, but nearly everyone passed on him).

The good ole days... when the O's thought their #1 pick meant THE #1 pick... so they only scouted one guy. Good times.
  • Russ likes this

#153 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 31 July 2015 - 08:44 AM

Giants get Mike Leake.

#154 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 11:21 AM

Cards get Jonathon Broxton from MIL.

#155 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 31 July 2015 - 02:52 PM

Revere to the Jays and it "looks" like Cespedes to the Mets.

#156 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 31 July 2015 - 03:49 PM

Surprised (pleasantly) that the Yankees did nothing..Lost Pineda yesterday, CC needed an IV after 5 innings. I was sure they'd add a starter. 

They like Severino and he'll be up soon, but that doesn't seem like it's enough. 

@beginthebegin71

#157 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 03:55 PM

Surprised (pleasantly) that the Yankees did nothing..Lost Pineda yesterday, CC needed an IV after 5 innings. I was sure they'd add a starter. 

They like Severino and he'll be up soon, but that doesn't seem like it's enough. 

Good... I love it...

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#158 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 31 July 2015 - 03:57 PM

Good... I love it...

Agreed. This division race is NOT over..

Granted, the Blue Jays could be the team to catch NY, but still, they're not home free just yet. 

@beginthebegin71

#159 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 31 July 2015 - 04:15 PM

Very surprised NY didn't do anything...they got smart though. They didn't want to give up their top prospects.

That being said, they can buy in August too.

#160 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 31 July 2015 - 04:28 PM

Very surprised NY didn't do anything...they got smart though. They didn't want to give up their top prospects.

That being said, they can buy in August too.

Cash just said Luis Severino will be in the Majors next week, so that's smart. but still, with Pineda and Tanaka's arm being one pitch away from doom, I think it's a huge risk for them. 

We'll see. 

@beginthebegin71

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=