5914 replies to this topic

#21 Brobey

Brobey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 561 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:17 AM

I agree about the MITB, although, I follow Kevin Eck (Former Sun writer who now works for WWE), and I know he works for WWE, but he tweeted the other day that was not the reason they weren't doing MITB...whatever the reason for not doing it, it's dumb and they should be having that match at MITB! I'm shocked they're not doing some #1 contender type match, if they're not going to do the MITB, unless they plan on pushing Cena & Orton towards the titles for each brand after Wrestlemania...

Speaking of Cena, I've never been a huge fan, but he has owned Rocky on the mic the last two Raws...he's had Rocky flustered both weeks.
@brobey1

#22 FlavaDave10

FlavaDave10

Dave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationBalmer

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:29 AM

I agree about the MITB, although, I follow Kevin Eck (Former Sun writer who now works for WWE), and I know he works for WWE, but he tweeted the other day that was not the reason they weren't doing MITB...whatever the reason for not doing it, it's dumb and they should be having that match at MITB! I'm shocked they're not doing some #1 contender type match, if they're not going to do the MITB, unless they plan on pushing Cena & Orton towards the titles for each brand after Wrestlemania...

Speaking of Cena, I've never been a huge fan, but he has owned Rocky on the mic the last two Raws...he's had Rocky flustered both weeks.

I'll admit Cena won two weeks ago, but The Rock won last night. They legitimately hate each other, and I think The Rock hates Cena more than Cena hates The Rock. Cena has been very good on the mic as of late. He's done with his cookie-cutter crap. He's actually speaking from his heart.

"We're not going to be f***ing suck this year" - Alex Ovechkin

@BaltimoreDavey

#23 Brobey

Brobey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 561 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:54 AM

I'll admit Cena won two weeks ago, but The Rock won last night. They legitimately hate each other, and I think The Rock hates Cena more than Cena hates The Rock. Cena has been very good on the mic as of late. He's done with his cookie-cutter crap. He's actually speaking from his heart.

I think the Rock was better with the pre-taped segments, but live, you can see that Cena really gets to the Rock...I can't wait for their match at Wrestlemania...I said it before, but they are doing a great job building up their big matches this year.
@brobey1

#24 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:21 PM

For me, I think they have 3 matches this year that I'm more hyped to see than any last year, in Rock/Cena, HHH/Taker, and Punk/Jericho. Those should all be EXCELLENT.

@AdamWolff

#25 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:01 PM

What reasons do people have to believe that there is genuine animosity between the Rock and Cena? I readily admit that I may have missed things. I get the impression that they dislike each other a great deal, because their acting seems too real. Is it insider stuff... things written that seem legit, that point to their issues? Thanks in advance.

BTW, WM is shaping up nicely... although MITB should be a part of it.

#26 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:59 PM

What reasons do people have to believe that there is genuine animosity between the Rock and Cena? I readily admit that I may have missed things. I get the impression that they dislike each other a great deal, because their acting seems too real. Is it insider stuff... things written that seem legit, that point to their issues? Thanks in advance.

BTW, WM is shaping up nicely... although MITB should be a part of it.

I can't think of any particular instances, but I know a lot of people 'in the industry' have said that the two men don't care for one another. It makes sense. I think Cena genuinely views The Rock as someone who was great, but doesn't care or respect the business and just used it to move on to something bigger. At the same time, I think The Rock genuinely views John Cena as a guy that isn't worthy of carrying his jock strap, a guy that is inferior to him in every way.

To me, it reminds me a lot of HBK/Bret. Yes, things with them were 'fake', but a lot of times the insults they were giving were real, which they discussed in their dvd, and sometimes things got a bit too real.

I don't think either of them are incredibly comfortable face to face with one another. I think they both use their defense mechanism: Cena's is to smile and laugh, Rock's is to glare. Cena has been better on the mic face to face, but he avoids eye contact and generally likes to keep his distance. The Rock has actually appeared a little off at times when they're face to face, relying more on trying to look intimidating.

I dunno, maybe it's the kid in me coming out, but I think this overall is a very real feud.

@AdamWolff

#27 iHateJJRedick

iHateJJRedick
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:47 PM

Anyone know of any Baltimore area bars that broadcast Wrestlemania? I used to watch all the PPVs at Bill Bateman's back in the day but it's hard to find places now that show it.
@iHateJJRedick

#28 DBean

DBean
  • Members
  • 482 posts
  • LocationOwings Mills, MD

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:38 PM

Don't want to get off topic of Wrestlemania (it should be a good one), but I just started reading the book The Rise And Fall of ECW and I thought it was fascinating and very surprising that McMahon and Paul Heyman have general respect for each other, while they both thought have a strong dislike for Eric Bischoff. I always assumed that since they were the big three in wrestling promotions, they would all hate each other, but I guess not with McMahon and Heyman.
@mrbeanage

#29 DBean

DBean
  • Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:56 PM

http://www.yardbarke...he_wwe/10453448

Don't know this is going to affect Wrestlemania, but I think this could be interesting. I could see a Lesnar-'Taker feud.
@mrbeanage

#30 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:46 AM

Baltimore Sports Report: Wrestlemania 28 Results
http://baltimorespor...html#more-26502

#31 Brobey

Brobey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 561 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:24 PM

The Miami crowd for this Raw has been fantastic!
@brobey1

#32 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:22 PM

What do you guys think of the current happenings? I think Lesnar vs. Cena at Extreme Rules is great, enough to make me order it.

I think the product has been very good lately. Raw was pretty solid, although I have no idea why they continue to absolutely bury the tag team champs. From not appearing at Mania to getting crushed by The Great Khali (seriously??) and Big Show. I'm not sold on Lord Tensai at all, but I'll wait until he actually has a legit match to pass judgement. Also, let's give Dolph Ziggler and The Miz something meaningful.

@AdamWolff

#33 Brobey

Brobey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 561 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:35 PM

I can't stand that Ziggler isn't in a program that is worthwhile right now...he is beyond the "potential" and is a star and needs to be used like one.
@brobey1

#34 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:38 PM

I can't stand that Ziggler isn't in a program that is worthwhile right now...he is beyond the "potential" and is a star and needs to be used like one.

They seem to do this a lot..get a guy all pumped up and then, nothing.

I really can't stand the Miz all that much and he has never made me believe he is a main eventer but the bottom line is that you made him one and put the title on him...so, do something with him.

Same with Swagger.

They should have had Miz turn face at Mania and help Long's team win..give him a new image and different feuds.

#35 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:49 PM

It really is a shame. He's a phenomenal heel and his natural sarcasm and wit will make him an equally phenomenal face when/if he turns. He sells his opponents moves better than anyone in the company right now. He's obviously not anywhere close to this level, but he reminds me of Ric Flair in his ability to make any of his opponents look good.

He was being pushed, got that main event PPV match with Punk and since, nothing.

@AdamWolff

#36 DBean

DBean
  • Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:33 PM

I think that Ziggler needs to stay heel. I like having him and Vickie working together. Miss the days of managers. I think either him or Jericho would make a good champion. I think it's about time that CM Punk loses it.

On a side note, I watched Wrestlemania and wasn't really impressed with it. I think the WWE has struggled recently with PPVs. Hopefully Extreme Rules will be better.
@mrbeanage

#37 Tyler Bingaman

Tyler Bingaman
  • Members
  • 332 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:23 PM

It really is a shame. He's a phenomenal heel and his natural sarcasm and wit will make him an equally phenomenal face when/if he turns. He sells his opponents moves better than anyone in the company right now. He's obviously not anywhere close to this level, but he reminds me of Ric Flair in his ability to make any of his opponents look good.

He was being pushed, got that main event PPV match with Punk and since, nothing.

Have to agree with you on this one... He is the thing they are screwing up the most right now IMO
@bings012

#38 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:49 PM

Punk beat Jericho tonight. I am surprised although Jericho will be gone later this summer.

#39 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:33 PM

Cena beat Lesnar.

#40 Brobey

Brobey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 561 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:25 AM

Cena beat Lesnar.

They pay all this money to have Lesnar back and WWE has him job to Cena in his first match back, with Cena now "taking time off"???

Cant wait to see follow up on Raw
@brobey1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=