#5 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 04 January 2015 - 12:37 PM

Also, beyond the first TD drive, the Ravens offense was carried completely by Flacco. No running game to speak of. To me this is both worrisome and encouraging. The rushing attack is just not the same with the current OL, and that could prove to be a fatal flaw. On the flip side the passing attack led by Joe is solid. I am concerned about a much better secondary in NE than what Pitt has.
@gabefergy

#6 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 12:49 PM

Also, beyond the first TD drive, the Ravens offense was carried completely by Flacco. No running game to speak of. To me this is both worrisome and encouraging. The rushing attack is just not the same with the current OL, and that could prove to be a fatal flaw. On the flip side the passing attack led by Joe is solid. I am concerned about a much better secondary in NE than what Pitt has.

NE's defense as a whole is better than Pittsburgh's. NE was the one team I really didn't want to face. They are the most complete team in the AFC. And they know how to win in January. I have complete confidence in our defense. We'll have our 2 lapses in coverage. So our offense will have to play a complete game in order to win this one.

#7 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 04 January 2015 - 01:06 PM

NE's defense as a whole is better than Pittsburgh's. NE was the one team I really didn't want to face. They are the most complete team in the AFC. And they know how to win in January. I have complete confidence in our defense. We'll have our 2 lapses in coverage. So our offense will have to play a complete game in order to win this one.

NE can be run on, but overall I agrer they are a much more complete team than Pittsburgh.
@gabefergy

#8 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 01:15 PM

I just don't see the deep threat to beat the Ravens. If the Ravens can keep things in front of them they know how to move Brady off the spot. It's not the corners that will need to play well, it's our middle linebackers and the middle of our Cover 3 zone if you ask me. 

I'll be interested to see if they use Hill on Gronk like they had him on Graham in the Saints game.

The Patriots are a good team but honestly Pitt, their deep passing game and Brown scared me more than anyone else in the playoffs on the AFC side as a singular unit.

An aggressive use of play action like last week and stretching the field, attacking Browner for PI will all be important. The Pats secondary is much better but when Joe is throwing the deep ball like that it won't matter who is back there if you ask me.

• Mike in STL and PrimeTime like this

#9 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 01:36 PM

I wonder if Jernigan and Monroe will be back for this game.

Be happy to see Jernigan be in there for pass rushing situations if he can go. Going to be very rested for rotations on defense.

#10 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,860 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 01:41 PM

Praying that both Jernigan and Monroe are back, though Ngata being back from suspension and well rested was a huge boost for the line. 

Hurst didn't kill us on the left side, but I'd much rather have Monroe back. I'm assuming the right side would stay the same if Monroe does play, or does Hurst move to RT and Yanda back to RG? 

#11 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 04 January 2015 - 02:06 PM

NE can be run on, but overall I agrer they are a much more complete team than Pittsburgh.

If the Ravens play like they did last night we can beat Brady on the back end of his career. The defense put a beating on Ben and they can do the same to the Panty wipe.
Roll Tide

#12 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 03:19 PM

Pats Pulpit: Patriots Playoffs: No Carryover From 2012 AFC Championship Game

http://www.patspulpi...ampionship-game

Pats Pulpit: Patriots Facing Ravens in Divisional Round

http://www.patspulpi...ivisional-round

I get from those two articles that they feel like the Pats have already won this game. A lot of carefully omitted points to make the Ravens appear vastly inferior. 

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#13 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,860 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 03:33 PM

The success of next weeks game, much like the season, will rest on the front 7. Get pressure and get to Brady and we have a good chance. 

#14 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 03:38 PM

The success of next weeks game, much like the season, will rest on the front 7. Get pressure and get to Brady and we have a good chance. 

Once again, I have confidence in our defense. Our offense showing up again for a complete game will be the difference in this one. I'm hoping it isn't like the Cleveland game plan where the goal was to go directly at Joe Haden.
  • Roll Tide likes this

#15 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,860 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 03:40 PM

I really like what Melvin has brought to the team and Webb finally looking healthy. Also, the combination of Will Hill and Myles at safety seems to be working. Hell, even Elam isn't looking like a lost cause lately. 

• Biggsy likes this

#16 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,526 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 04 January 2015 - 04:04 PM

Playoff Record Since 2011

Ravens: 6-1

Rest of AFCN: 0-6

• You Play to Win the Game, Icterus galbula and BaltBird 24 like this

#17 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,682 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 04:17 PM

Thinking of going up to Providence for this game, taking the commuter train to Foxboro, and buying tickets on stubhub before I walk into the stadium. Tickets for last nights game went for $11. Seriously.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#18 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 04 January 2015 - 06:23 PM

If the Ravens play like they did last night we can beat Brady on the back end of his career. The defense put a beating on Ben and they can do the same to the Panty wipe.

I definitely think it is a winnable game. The pass-rush should be able to affect Brady and the run D should stand up. I do think Gronk is a problem though, and NE defense is much better than Pitt. Scoring 30 points again would surprise me, but I also don't think the Pats will score easily. Should be a low scoring game, and I think that might favor the Ravens.
@gabefergy

#19 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,682 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 06:31 PM

Patriots OL is better that Pittsburgh's. We'll need to blitz to get pressure on Brady.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#20 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 04 January 2015 - 06:48 PM

Patriots OL is better that Pittsburgh's. We'll need to blitz to get pressure on Brady.

That has not been the case this year. Pats OL has been poor.
@gabefergy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=