653 replies to this topic

#641 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 09:00 PM

I wasn't born yet, but it was probably Armando Benitez's fault back in '82. 

Ha!   He was 9...

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#642 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 09:06 PM

<br />So you don't understand analyzing games?<br />

Not sure why you're quoting what you quoted... but if you're asking me (?) then, sure, I understand analyzing games... doing that is usually a couple rungs up the ladder from picking out one or two guys to blame... 

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#643 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,860 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 09:10 PM

Ha!   He was 9...

I don't care. He's to blame for everything bad that's happened up to this point in time. 

#644 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,388 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 10 January 2015 - 09:13 PM

So you don't understand analyzing games?

Not sure why you're quoting what you quoted... but if you're asking me (?) then, sure, I understand analyzing games... doing that is usually a couple rungs up the ladder from picking out one or two guys to blame... 

Well when a baseball team gives up 10, I think it's more than fair to say the pitching let the team down. When an NFL team gives up 35, some blame will generally go to the defense.
  • Mike in STL likes this

#645 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 09:42 PM

Well when a baseball team gives up 10, I think it's more than fair to say the pitching let the team down. When an NFL team gives up 35, some blame will generally go to the defense.

Well, sure... 

But I don't see any analysis about that, do you?  People are "blaming" Pees... and "blaming" the cushion... but I don't see why.  They did what they tried to do, which was to keep iffy CB's from getting beat big time.  AFAIK, the real D problem was in the Red Zone... but nobody's talking about that because they'd rather blame somebody.  

So, I'll ask Yet Again:  What was the story in the Red Zone?  Bad plan?  Decent plan but bad execution?  Or was NE just better?

#646 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 10 January 2015 - 09:55 PM

Well, sure... 

But I don't see any analysis about that, do you?  People are "blaming" Pees... and "blaming" the cushion... but I don't see why.  They did what they tried to do, which was to keep iffy CB's from getting beat big time.  AFAIK, the real D problem was in the Red Zone... but nobody's talking about that because they'd rather blame somebody.  

So, I'll ask Yet Again:  What was the story in the Red Zone?  Bad plan?  Decent plan but bad execution?  Or was NE just better?

It's always both.

#647 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 10:18 PM

It's always both.

Both of three?

Saying it's always both isn't much of a critique.  What was wrong with Red Zone plan?  What was wrong with the Red Zone execution?  And are we sure it wasn't just NE being better?

I'm asking because I really don't know... am trying to learn something here....

• Mike in STL likes this

#648 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,546 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 10 January 2015 - 10:28 PM

Pees is a horrendous coordinator.
  • Dupin likes this

#649 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,526 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 10 January 2015 - 10:32 PM

Well, according to that, you could blame Palmer, Tippy, El Presidente, and Flanny for the 10 runs they gave up in the O's '82 failure to get by the Blue Jays in the season's very last game... but nobody did... instead, everybody stayed and cheered the team like crazy for 45 minutes for being as good as there were and for their amazing run to catch them just before that very last game... 

I take that back... maybe somebody blamed them...  but if they did, nobody remembers that... O's fans were proud of that team, they weren't blaming them...

Your memory is fading...it was the Milwaukee Brewers. And the reason the fans stayed and cheered is because it was Earl's last game (at the time, at least)

• DuffMan likes this

#650 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,682 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 11:10 PM

Well, this game IMO comes down to the Edelman fumble that he somehow managed to recover and the Daniels TD he had go off his hands. Terrible loss made worse since it was against the Patriots and Bitch Brady.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#651 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 07:51 AM

It's always both.

Both of three?

Saying it's always both isn't much of a critique.  What was wrong with Red Zone plan?  What was wrong with the Red Zone execution?  And are we sure it wasn't just NE being better?

I'm asking because I really don't know... am trying to learn something here....

The Red zone plan was part poor planning. Single coverage on Gronk on that TD of his? When is that a good idea? Its like putting one rookie RT on J.J. Watt with no help.

Execution was terrible though on the first Amendola TD, missed tackle.

Otherwise, it wasnt all that bad. The coverage was so good on their first score that Brady scrambled for the TD, running past Timmy Jernigan who was blatently held but not called.

The LaFell TD drive was a combination of all three. Poor plan by not adjusting to the Pats adjustment to get the ball out quicker. Poor execution by not making tackles nor getting your heard around with the ball in the air. And the Pats were better on that one throw to LaFell. It was a nice one.

Trick plays as well...what can you do. Desperation move and it worked.

I wish the Ravens had one more time out so they have about 45 seconds in instead of 5. But we've beaten that dead horse every game this year.
  • RShack likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#652 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 11 January 2015 - 07:59 AM

The Red zone plan was part poor planning. Single coverage on Gronk on that TD of his? When is that a good idea? Its like putting one rookie RT on J.J. Watt with no help. Execution was terrible though on the first Amendola TD, missed tackle.Otherwise, it wasnt all that bad. The coverage was so good on their first score that Brady scrambled for the TD, running past Timmy Jernigan who was blatently held but not called. The LaFell TD drive was a combination of all three. Poor plan by not adjusting to the Pats adjustment to get the ball out quicker. Poor execution by not making tackles nor getting your heard around with the ball in the air. And the Pats were better on that one throw to LaFell. It was a nice one.Trick plays as well...what can you do. Desperation move and it worked. I wish the Ravens had one more time out so they have about 45 seconds in instead of 5. But we've beaten that dead horse every game this year.

The trick play was terrible on our part....if you cover the player in the flat they can throw a wide open 50 yard TD. So execution!
Roll Tide

#653 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 08:20 AM

Your memory is fading...it was the Milwaukee Brewers. And the reason the fans stayed and cheered is because it was Earl's last game (at the time, at least)

Yeah, brain damage re: saying it was the Blue Jays.  What can I say?  (Cito sucks!)

And, yes, the reason it lasted so long was because of Earl... but if not for that, everybody would have still stayed and cheered, just for 15 minutes instead of 45.  People loved that team. People were sad they lost, but certainly weren't mad at them about it.   All this getting mad at the team is a very unfortunate recent development.  I think it's a sign of devolution.  A team gives you a good season right to the end, you're lucky.  When did it become fashionable to bitch about it?

#654 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 11 January 2015 - 04:52 PM

@RavensInsider: Ravens-Patriots game averaged 34 million viewers, ranks as third-most watched Saturday AFC divisional round game ever, per Nielsen data

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=