@DJ_McCann

#942 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,056 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 11:12 PM

Sorry for jumping on your poop tonight. iwasmadbro but I'm better now.

Haha. No worries. It was time for a new GF, anyways.

#943 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 11:12 PM

Oh snap.

Please tell me that's not Guthrie.

I could tell you that but I'd be lying.
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#944 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,056 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 11:13 PM

This F'ING team is playing with fire. Whether or not we come back, there's a NL team waiting to smash them into the ground. Don't get too cocky too quickly, KC. I hope you rot in baseball hell.

#945 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 14 October 2014 - 11:14 PM

I could tell you that but I'd be lying.

Fuck him. There's supporting your new team, and there's being an ass towards your old one.

@DJ_McCann

#946 Coker

Coker

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 11:15 PM

Just HOW they are winning is really the most irritating thing, to me. It's not like they've just hit the piss out of the ball the entire series. They're playing like the luckiest team in the league with everything (seemingly) going their way, and dropping in when they need it to. Bloop hit, broken bat bloop, walk and sac fly scored their 2nd run tonight. 

One win that way in a series...and hey, it is what is is. Bloop hits - lucky game all around. Two games is another thing..but three? THREE?! Seems like unsustainable baseball, but hell. What do I know? 

#947 Coker

Coker

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 11:15 PM

Fuck him. There's supporting your new team, and there's being an ass towards your old one.

Wonder if Guthrie really was mad at Buck/DD about getting traded in February right before arbitration hearings. 

#948 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 14 October 2014 - 11:19 PM

Wonder if Guthrie really was mad at Buck/DD about getting traded in February right before arbitration hearings. 

Buck/him supposedly didn't get along. I seem to recall him wishing he was still in Baltimore with the O's run in 2012 from his tweets -- he didn't do too well in Colorado and it didn't like KC was going anywhere.

I don't think Guthrie should've worn that shirt, but I can't say I really care right now or atleast as much as I do about being down 3-0.

• Coker likes this
@levineps

#949 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 October 2014 - 11:20 PM

Guthrie is in the league because the Orioles gave him a chance after he proved and admitted he was a mental midget while pitching for Cle.
  • Coker likes this

#950 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,056 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 11:21 PM

I so hope they get torched in the series.

#951 Coker

Coker

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 11:22 PM

Buck/him supposedly didn't get along. I seem to recall him wishing he was still in Baltimore with the O's run in 2012 from his tweets -- he didn't do too well in Colorado and it didn't like KC was going anywhere.

I don't think Guthrie should've worn that shirt, but I can't say I really care right now or atleast as much as I do about being down 3-0.

Right, and I believe he tweeted some things this year about the O's being in the playoffs - about how he, Jonesy and Wieters talked about the (good) direction the O's were headed in and stuff like that.

It irks me that he worse that shirt, especially since the O's were the ones who gave him a chance and pretty much made his career.

The Royals entire attitude this series (looking at you, Hosmer) has really irritated me from a fan perspective. 

#952 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 14 October 2014 - 11:26 PM

Right, and I believe he tweeted some things this year about the O's being in the playoffs - about how he, Jonesy and Wieters talked about the (good) direction the O's were headed in and stuff like that.

It irks me that he worse that shirt, especially since the O's were the ones who gave him a chance and pretty much made his career.

The Royals entire attitude this series (looking at you, Hosmer) has really irritated me from a fan perspective. 

Good chance that's the case -- like most players, as their careers, get farther away from Baltimore, I pay less and less attention to them.

@levineps

#953 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,553 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 14 October 2014 - 11:28 PM

Oh snap. 6f145e96a7be281eda8f9b0e344404f9.jpg

Wow. So much for rooting for them after this as the plucky underdog. I hope they get their ass beat big time in the WS.
  • Pedro Cerrano likes this

#954 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 14 October 2014 - 11:56 PM

Oh snap. 6f145e96a7be281eda8f9b0e344404f9.jpg

Seriosuly, fuck them. Guthrie, Hosmer, Dyson, all of 'em. I wish nothing but the absolute worst for them both in and out of baseball.
  • Pedro Cerrano likes this

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#955 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 15 October 2014 - 12:03 AM

Josh Charles

Congrats @TheRealJGuts for showing a true lack of class wearing that shirt post game.You're like the Ron Burgundy of pitchers but not funny.

Michael Ian Black

@MrJoshCharles @TheRealJGuts YEAH! Also like the Harpo Marx of pitchers, but also not funny and also without the horn.

@DJ_McCann

#956 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 15 October 2014 - 12:47 AM

@TheRealJGuts My intention was not to anger O's fans or friends w/my shirt 2night.I apologize to those offended.Did not consider this reaction.Go Royals.

Again, I don't really care, but he didn't understand how this could anger some?

@levineps

#957 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 15 October 2014 - 12:49 AM

At least Dyson stood behind his comments. Looks like Guts is gutless, along with being classless.

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#958 fishteacher

fishteacher

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,927 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 15 October 2014 - 05:03 AM

What an embarrassment. Come all this way to lose to the stupid Royals.
Makes the entire regular season seem irrelevant. I lived with it in 2012 because they wernt supposed to be there. The Royals are the 2012 Os and they're doing it!!!

I haven't been this upset at the Os in a long long time. So embarrassing. If they lost a hard fought series it'd be one thing. This is a nightmare.

Um....according to analysts AND most of the posters on THIS GAME THREAD we don't belong here THIS YEAR EITHER.  Most had us winning between 77 and 85 games and finishing 3rd or worse, so let's not start acting like this team was to be a juggernaut from the get-go.  It took us half the season to figure out how to win.  However, it's been fun..all until this past week.

• Oriole85 likes this
I'm here to do two things...chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum. ~ Roddy Piper
@therealjfisher

#959 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,745 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 06:04 AM

The Royals are playing very Jeterish. Fluke hits that kill you and flashy defensive players that make broadcasters mess themselves. That said they've taken it to us in every way. We've not been better than them in a single category that matters. They're also making it hard to root for them after this series. I won't watch anyway so I don't really care.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#960 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,254 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 15 October 2014 - 07:20 AM

That's so low class.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=