#521 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 11 October 2014 - 11:34 PM

While it felt EPIC at the yard tonight, I can tell you there was a sense of urgency and overally discouragement that many of us had to fight against in the crowd.  I had to fight ot get my section 340 to get up and cheer for many times....bad resuts....let's hope for better on Monday!

I felt it at the beginning when they announced that TBS was going live and to get up, wave the towels, do the Seven Nation Army thing...etc.

It was MUCH louder in the ALDS...there definitely was a bit more tension in the air tonight. Felt it all game. My wife said to me several times during the game that she just felt that KC would find a way to win, which is almost always how she feels about the O's.

weird vibes for sure. Let's get to KC and get on them early.

• fishteacher likes this
@beginthebegin71

#522 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 11 October 2014 - 11:43 PM

I felt it at the beginning when they announced that TBS was going live and to get up, wave the towels, do the Seven Nation Army thing...etc.

It was MUCH louder in the ALDS...there definitely was a bit more tension in the air tonight. Felt it all game. My wife said to me several times during the game that she just felt that KC would find a way to win, which is almost always how she feels about the O's.

I wonder how many were like me, just drained from yesterday. I did my best, though, even with half-a-voice.

@DJ_McCann

#523 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 11:44 PM

My admittedly odd man crush on Lorenzo Cain does feel a bit more justified right now though.

Oh, God... not again...

One goes down and you just find another... what's the longest you've ever been without one?

ps:  He is really, really good... but still....

• SBTarheel likes this

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#524 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 11 October 2014 - 11:46 PM

I wonder how many were like me, just drained from yesterday. I did my best, though, even with half-a-voice.

Fair point. I wasn't there yesterday, so it's possible I was more jacked up than some.

@beginthebegin71

#525 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,376 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 11 October 2014 - 11:46 PM

I had a great view for his catch as well as Adam's. With flyballs against KC, I have learned to temper my expectations.

#526 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 11 October 2014 - 11:47 PM

Oh, God... not again...

One goes down and you just find another... what's the longest you've ever been without one?

ps:  He is really, really good... but still....

HA!! I love you, man. That's funny.

Truth be told, I've liked Cain for a few years now, and have predicted superstardom for a while. Still waiting for that.

@beginthebegin71

#527 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 12 October 2014 - 12:04 AM

He had zippy chance of scoring there imo.

Agreed, as tempting as it was.

@levineps

#528 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 12 October 2014 - 12:21 AM

Definitely felt like a more subdued crowd than any of the other recent playoff games(since 2012). I think Game 2 of the ALDS despite being followed by a loss was different because many were just happy to be there and fans were experiencing their first playoff game in nearly a decade-and-a-half in many cases.

This might sound weird, but I think the overcast day, didn't help energize the crowd.

@levineps

#529 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 12:26 AM

This might sound weird, but I think the overcast day, didn't help energize the crowd.

I thought the same thing the whole game... the crowd seemed like the weather felt....

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=