#962 fishteacher

fishteacher

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,880 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 11 October 2014 - 07:19 AM

One good thing about my seats tonight were we could see the TV to see pitch locations. Yeah, the ump was poor for both sides from what I saw.

I can't remember ONE boarderline pitch that was called a strike...for either side, but I saw more of it to their favor.  Screw it, let's get those bastards back today!

I'm here to do two things...chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum. ~ Roddy Piper
@therealjfisher

#963 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,576 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 08:54 AM

A few impressions from last night... Overall a pretty poorly played game. Hitters did well but everything else stink. Missed the Schoop bobble. It cost is the game. So far our bullpen and D have let us down. Crowd was nowhere near as loud and crazy as last week. To be expected: rain, tough game, can they maintain through multiple series? Still loud and cheered appropriately though and I was disappointed in the mass exodus in the 10th. It's the ALCS stay until the last out does it really make a difference if u get home at 1:30 am or 2? The stubhub strategy has to be wait as late as u can to buy tickets. My friends got section 5 for $81 last night around 6 pm. Prices are down today. I paid $120 overpaid by about 20-30 dollars. Still a fun night and I'll take the ALCS in any shape or form but it was a crappy night all the way around. Go get em today.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#964 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,879 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 09:10 AM

How did the Schoop bobble cost us anything aside from Gordon getting at third? That was irrelevant. 3 runs score on that hit no matter what.

The Hardy/Pearce play that wasn't made was the biggest play of the game. And Cruz' DP but I don't blame him for that, hit it real hard, not really different than his first inning single.

Matusz is the only guy who struggled last night that I don't trust for tonight.

#965 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,576 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 09:33 AM

I was out getting food. Missed the Hardy/Pearce play. Thought the Schoop bobble was the play that extended the inning. My bad.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#966 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,376 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 11 October 2014 - 11:35 AM

Another little thing or whatever you want to call it that they made a mistake with was Hosmer swinging at a ball from Britton on what should have been the 13th straight ball from him.

#967 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,576 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 11:40 AM

Yeah I am worried about Britton. He clearly had nothing last night. It would be a bad time for him to become Jim Johnson.

#968 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,376 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 11:46 AM

Watching the replay now. That 3-2 strike call against Hardy before Flaherty's hit was also huge. Not a pitch that is normally called a strike.

#969 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,376 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 12:18 PM

The ump did Britton no favors either, but that's probe to happen when you're so wild.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=