#921 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,401 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 11 October 2014 - 12:40 AM

Well that was one of the most depressing games I've been to, at least as far as the result. This thread is almost as depressing though.

#922 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 11 October 2014 - 12:48 AM

I hated the ODay vs Gordon matchup.

Said it to the people around me that I was worried about this and didn't want to see where the ball would land.

ODay has been terrible for about 6 weeks and is giving up a ton of homers, particularly to lefties.

We really can't have him facing Hosmer or Gordon in high leverage situations.

#923 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,401 posts

It's ridiculous to take this one game and declare KC the clearly superior team. They hit 3 homers and the O's hit none. That's not indicative of the talent of these teams at all. You can intelligently argue who has the better bullpen and defense, but it's clearly close. Their big 3 has been a little off of late and after that it becomes shaky. O'Day has been off of late. Britton, well I can't explain what happened tonight, but as of now, it's a total aberration. Oh and as far as KC having incredible fundamentals, that may be so, but throwing the ball of Schoop's back, allowing a runner to advance to third on a poor throw/pick at first, and sliding off the bag on a steal attempt is far from great fundamentals.
  • Mike in STL likes this

#924 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,978 posts

Yeah, that sucked.

#925 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,401 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 12:51 AM

I hated the ODay vs Gordon matchup.

Said it to the people around me that I was worried about this and didn't want to see where the ball would land.

ODay has been terrible for about 6 weeks and is giving up a ton of homers, particularly to lefties.

We really can't have him facing Hosmer or Gordon in high leverage situations.

Terrible is an exaggeration, but yes, I also said I was worried about that matchup. If he had more pitchers in reserve, he likely would have went to Matusz to start the inning, but as we saw, that didn't work out either.

#926 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,401 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 12:53 AM

The two big plays that led to the loss in the first two innings was Pearce not coming up with that one hopper from Hardy and Cruz grounding into the double play with De Aza at third.

#927 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 12:53 AM

LOL. You think Im spending 5 hours in here just to troll you guys. 

Your motivation is irrelevant.  I don't care what you think you were doing.

Your behavior has been a disgrace... and continues to be.   I am not interested in how you might try to justify it.

• Oriole85 likes this

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#928 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 12:54 AM

It's ridiculous to take this one game and declare KC the clearly superior team. They hit 3 homers and the O's hit none. That's not indicative of the talent of these teams at all. You can intelligently argue who has the better bullpen and defense, but it's clearly close. Their big 3 has been a little off of late and after that it becomes shaky. O'Day has been off of late. Britton, well I can't explain what happened tonight, but as of now, it's a total aberration. Oh and as far as KC having incredible fundamentals, that may be so, but throwing the ball of Schoop's back, allowing a runner to advance to third on a poor throw/pick at first, and sliding off the bag on a steal attempt is far from great fundamentals.

Of course, because you were begging for the Royals instead of LAA. I told you who was more dangerous . Just because of freaking homefield advantage.

This Royals team is built for Oct. Plus, now they have mojo. Hosmer and Moustakas have literally come from nowhere this postseason.

#929 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,401 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 12:57 AM

Very disappointing outing from Tillman.

#930 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 12:57 AM

Your motivation is irrelevant. I don't care what you think you were doing.

Your behavior has been a disgrace... and continues to be. I am not interested in how you might try to justify it.

STFU. I'm not justifying anything. The better team won and will win this series if we don't play considerably better than we did tonight.

#931 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 12:59 AM

Tillman has been jittery in both his postseason starts now.

#932 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 11 October 2014 - 01:00 AM

Of course, because you were begging for the Royals instead of LAA. I told you who was more dangerous . Just because of freaking homefield advantage.
This Royals team is built for Oct. Plus, now they have mojo. Hosmer and Moustakas have literally come from nowhere this postseason.

The Royals aren't built for October anymore than us.

I have been saying for a while how dangerous KC is but we still had an 80ish run differential over them this year.

#933 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 11 October 2014 - 01:00 AM

Yep...the lack of command he showed was surprising.

Buck stuck with him too long as well.

#934 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,401 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 01:01 AM

I wasn't begging at all. Don't lie. And no, they aren't built for October. There is no proper build for October. But sure, they obviously can win this series, but to act like they're much better is absurd. Just like acting like they were fundamentally perfect when that was far from the case is absurd. But I guess this is all part of your fandom process so whatever.

#935 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 11 October 2014 - 01:02 AM

The two big plays that led to the loss in the first two innings was Pearce not coming up with that one hopper from Hardy and Cruz grounding into the double play with De Aza at third.

Poor throw by JJ too but yea, Pearce needs to make the play.

Cruz not getting the run home was perhaps the biggest play.

Btw...I didn't like going Britton there either...not that it was some awful decision but these damn closers and their mind sets in non save situations is annoying as hell. ODay, at least to start the 9th, and then Britton in to face Hosmer is the way I would have preferred.

#936 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 01:04 AM

I have been saying for a while how dangerous KC is but we still had an 80ish run differential over them this year.

Their big 3 in the pen is so much more dangerous. It's basically 3 Andrew Miller's vs 1. It'll likely be the difference in the series.

#937 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 01:05 AM

Their big 3 in the pen is so much more dangerous. It's basically 3 Andrew Miller's vs 1. It'll likely be the difference in the series.

Plus, their defense is better too.

#938 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,401 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 01:06 AM

I don't think the closers mindset had anything to do with Britton's issues. I did want O'Day there because all the righties coming up and then Zach would be available for the lefties later.

#939 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,401 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 01:07 AM

Why, because they strike more guys out?

#940 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 01:08 AM

I wasn't begging at all. Don't lie. And no, they aren't built for October. There is no proper build for October. But sure, they obviously can win this series, but to act like they're much better is absurd. Just like acting like they were fundamentally perfect when that was far from the case is absurd. But I guess this is all part of your fandom process so whatever.

You wanted KC more than LAA and it wasn't that close. You talk about one play which was horrible baserunning by Schoop BTW but fail to mention the runs Escobar saved in the 2nd and Gordon with the diving play in the 4th or 5th.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=