#541 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,598 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 23 March 2018 - 10:17 PM

Chen is a piece of shit. How long till he's gone?

Glad to see I’ve matured
  • DJ MC likes this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#542 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,598 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 23 March 2018 - 10:21 PM

Delmon stepped up and I turned to my buddy and I said "he's gonna throw him a first pitch strike, and Delmon is gonna be all over it."

We were behind home plate, slightly towards the left field line, so it was hard to tell whether the ball would land fair, but once it did, we just went absolutely ape-shit -- complete strangers not just high-fiving but HUGGING each other. One guy next to me hugged me and said "I love you man!" I told him I loved him too. My buddy who was there with me and I just screamed and screamed and screamed. Once Hardy scored the final run I realized that THIS MOMENT was what we were waiting for for 17 years. My head is still ringing. Just an unbelievable experience.

I still remember this. Vividly.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#543 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,576 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 06:30 AM

Greatest game I’ve attended.
  • DuffMan likes this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#544 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 24 March 2018 - 07:04 AM

I watch that Delmon Young hit every once in a while.

It’s not the best sporting event I have ever been to but it was probably the single most exciting moment I have ever been to.
  • Nigel Tufnel likes this

#545 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,501 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 24 March 2018 - 07:37 AM

Definitely the best moment I've seen live too. Likely will remain that way until Baltimore clinches that World Series victory at Camden Yards.

#546 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 24 March 2018 - 08:05 AM

When you watch that play, you can barely hear the broadcasters.

It was so damn loud that day. I wonder how far away you could hear it if you were out in the city?

#547 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,612 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 24 March 2018 - 08:43 AM

One of the best moments of my life as sad as that may sound. The only baseball playoff game I’ve ever attended.

#548 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,501 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 24 March 2018 - 08:53 AM

One of the best moments of my life as sad as that may sound. The only baseball playoff game I’ve ever attended.

Not sad at all. Right there with you. Was my first ever playoff game. Couldn't go in '12... my second and last playoff game was game 2 against KC that year.

#549 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:28 AM

I swear everyone says they were there.

#550 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,501 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 24 March 2018 - 11:42 AM

The die hards who sucked it up while we were waiting for Buck post here. Of course many of us were there.

I was actually talking to Seth and Antoine about this last week... that is the only season I could afford and was willing to pay for season tickets (hence why I was able to go to the playoff games). The irony is that the catalyst that got me over the hump to get the season plan was the Ubaldo signing. Lol. Just signaled to me that we were going for it. TBH, can't afford it right now, but Cobb has me just as excited.

#551 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 12:38 PM

I still don't know how J.J. Hardy scored from first base. Martinez may have double clutched the throw from LF, but the throw and the relay by Kinsler was flawless. The ball was smoked to left, like sometimes they hit it too hard to advance. 

I remember thinking when Detroit went to Anibal Sanchez out of the pen that he could finish the game, starter type, always thought he was a better pitcher than what he got credit for. But then when they went to Joba da hut....I told my buddy that was the worst thing the Tigers could do and they just let the O's right back in the game. 

Swept Scherzer, Verlander and Price. Damn. Wha ha happen to this team?

@BSLMikeRandall

#552 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,872 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 03:30 PM

I love Delmon's quote after the game about what he was trying to do that at bat (paraphrasing): "I was trying to hit a grand slam off the foul pole like I do every at bat."

#553 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,576 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 06:21 PM

I went to all the home games in 2014.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#554 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,747 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 30 March 2018 - 08:41 AM

I still don't know how J.J. Hardy scored from first base. Martinez may have double clutched the throw from LF, but the throw and the relay by Kinsler was flawless. The ball was smoked to left, like sometimes they hit it too hard to advance. 

JD bobbled it when fielding it off the wall,  when you watch the replay you see it.  Doesn't get it til the second grab.  If that bobble doesn't happen Hardy is most likely out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=