Photo

Baltimore Development Discussion (General)

• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#161 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,933 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 02:02 PM

The street closures are probably going to be bad news for the O's, too, at least for weeknight games.

#162 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,552 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 02:08 PM

Yeah, don't want to get political, except that I don't think it should be political...  I would think it would be completely obvious that we should be fixing and updating our infrastructure.  It would give people jobs, make people's lives better by reducing events like this.  It just seems like the kind of think everybody would be in favor of.

Yeah it was within the last 10 or so years when I realized everything is political, or can be made political.

People can blast cities like Baltimore, say they suck, they don't want to live there or what not, and money should be spent elsewhere for whatever reason, but...people do live there and should be taken care of as such. The infrastructure is literally crumbling. And not just in the city but all over the country.

Spending tax money on this kind of thing isn't wasteful, it's investing in the country, and the people.

• SportsGuy likes this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#163 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 10 July 2019 - 02:57 PM

That would turn out horribly imo.

Maybe...certainly could see that being the case.

My guess is horribly has different definitions for you and me though.

#164 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 10 July 2019 - 03:21 PM

Maybe...certainly could see that being the case.

My guess is horribly has different definitions for you and me though.

Obviously we would have different priorities on spending, but I'm mostly talking about it not working out because budgets don't work when millions of individual people are individually deciding how money should be spent. You'll end up with certain things getting way too much money and other things not getting as much money as it needs.

#165 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 10 July 2019 - 03:32 PM

Obviously we would have different priorities on spending, but I'm mostly talking about it not working out because budgets don't work when millions of individual people are individually deciding how money should be spent. You'll end up with certain things getting way too much money and other things not getting as much money as it needs.

Yea..I’m sure you and I wouldn’t agree on many things in terms of programs that should or shouldn’t be funded at a certain level but I do agree that it would be a risky thing.

#166 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,933 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 03:32 PM

Yeah, what would happen if everyone without school-age children decided that their taxes shouldn't go toward schools?  That would probably be bad.

#167 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 10 July 2019 - 03:35 PM

Yeah, what would happen if everyone without school-age children decided that their taxes shouldn't go toward schools? That would probably be bad.

We would have the same cluster we do now?

Overcrowding, poor facilities in certain areas, no new schools built where needed, etc...?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=