fishteacher

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,883 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:11 PM

Perkins launched!

I'm here to do two things...chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum. ~ Roddy Piper
@therealjfisher

#102 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,601 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:14 PM

So we lost Hardy and Miller to injuries today?  Is this what I am understanding?  Please get better by October fellas.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#103 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:16 PM

3 out of 4 against both Tampa and Minnesota. I'll take it.

@beginthebegin71

#104 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,238 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:25 PM

I'm never going to a game again. Went to both losses on the home stand.

#105 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,238 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:48 PM

Brittany Ghiroli @Britt_Ghiroli 1h

Hardy said this was just a spasm, not even close to what he was dealing w in April. Hopes to be in lineup tmrw.

Well that's good news.

#106 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,885 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:51 PM

Gausman deserved better today.  Paredes and Young really screwed him over, could've had a shot at a complete game win if they had played decent defense.

I've got no idea why Young plays in the outfield ever.  Cruz isn't good, but he's clearly better than Young, who may be the worst outfielder in the league.

#107 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,511 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:22 PM

Gausman deserved better today.  Paredes and Young really screwed him over, could've had a shot at a complete game win if they had played decent defense.

I've got no idea why Young plays in the outfield ever.  Cruz isn't good, but he's clearly better than Young, who may be the worst outfielder in the league.

Hard to say that after his 8th inning on top of that. But up until that, I'd agree. He pitched a very good game.

#108 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,885 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:28 PM

Hard to say that after his 8th inning on top of that. But up until that, I'd agree. He pitched a very good game.

The 8th inning goes much smoother if Paredes turns that tailor made double play.  And the 6th is a lot different too if we had a competent high school outfielder in left who catches the routine fly that Young played into a triple. 

Both of those plays get made and he's got a real good chance of being through 8 at around 95 or fewer pitches with a 3-1 lead.  Maybe they go to Britton, but he'd pitched 2 straight games and 5 of the previous 7, so wouldn't be surprised if Buck was trying to avoid him today.

• Chris B likes this

#109 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:44 PM

I've personally never heard Buck say this, but I've heard that the reason he'll often play Young in the field is if he makes a def replacement late he doesn't have to take Cruz's bat out of the lineup. That makes some sense.

I'll say again, I don't understand why De Aza wasn't in LF today.

#110 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:10 PM

The 8th inning goes much smoother if Paredes turns that tailor made double play.  And the 6th is a lot different too if we had a competent high school outfielder in left who catches the routine fly that Young played into a triple. 

Both of those plays get made and he's got a real good chance of being through 8 at around 95 or fewer pitches with a 3-1 lead.  Maybe they go to Britton, but he'd pitched 2 straight games and 5 of the previous 7, so wouldn't be surprised if Buck was trying to avoid him today.

I think it was strike 3 to Schafer as well to lead off the inning.

Good effort overall from Gaus.

@beginthebegin71

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=