• Please log in to reply
330 replies to this topic

#181 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,171 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

I think that is turned off for game threads.

Probably not all the game threads. We made the adjustment in some sections, not all. We will make it universal.

#182 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,465 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

I think that is turned off for game threads.

I noticed that it seems to be off for Ravens game threads, but I still encounter it in the Terps game threads.

#183 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,482 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

Probably not all the game threads. We made the adjustment in some sections, not all. We will make it universal.

Sweet. Thanks.

#184 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,465 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

Thanks Chris.

#185 Don Quixote

Don Quixote

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,055 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

Did we ever figure out the deal with the second karma swatch?

#186 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,171 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:07 AM

Did we ever figure out the deal with the second karma swatch?

Right now 600 points gets you the swatch. Once you get to 1,000 you will now get a little badge below the swatch. You will get a new badge for ever 1,000 points after that.

Sam tried to come up with a crab icon, but it's tough to get any detail because the icon is so small.

#187 Spoonless

Spoonless
  • Members
  • 97 posts
  • LocationCranston, RI

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:43 AM

There's a URL button when you post, that could be optimized a bit better. I'm not sure if you have the ability to change how it functions easily or not. As it is right now, it just throws an bracket in the text window. Typically, there should be a little bit more function to it, since many people don't know how to utilize the tags. In this case, you have to edit the tag to the following:
[url=http://www.yourlinkgoeshere.com]Text you want to appear as a link goes here[/url]

Many sites will either have a box that pops up for you to paste your link in. After pressing "OK" it pastes the tag with the address both after the url= and inside the brackets, with the text within the brackets highlighted so you can edit it to read how you like. Alternatively, you should be able to highlight some text, and press the URL button and have the dialog box open for you to paste your link in. This should then place the correct url= tags around the text that was highlighted.

Again, I don't know how easily you can change how the markup buttons work, but this is one thing that really stood out to me.
  • BSLMikeLowe and SammyBirdland like this

#188 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,482 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

I'd love for this change to be made, if possible. Thanks for posting the proper code too. I figured that out once, but recently had forgotten how it worked, so I appreciate it.

#189 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,465 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

That would be a great feature to add, as I'm usually lazy and just stick URLs at the top or bottom of my post, rather than doing the editing to embed it into the text.

#190 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

Spoonless' method is correct. If you forget the syntax, you can hover your mouse over the URL button in the editor for a reminder:

Posted Image

I like the idea of having a popup that says "Enter the URL" and "Enter the text", but I can't find a good way to make that happen. There is a plugin that is supposed to do it, but I tried it out on a test site and didn't like it. I will keep my eye out for other solutions.
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#191 Spoonless

Spoonless
  • Members
  • 97 posts
  • LocationCranston, RI

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

You guys going to make the jump to vBulletin?

#192 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,171 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

You guys going to make the jump to vBulletin?

Not any time in the immediate / foreseeable future.

#193 Spoonless

Spoonless
  • Members
  • 97 posts
  • LocationCranston, RI

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

I like the idea of having a popup that says "Enter the URL" and "Enter the text", but I can't find a good way to make that happen. There is a plugin that is supposed to do it, but I tried it out on a test site and didn't like it. I will keep my eye out for other solutions.

Do you have a link to their plugin?

It's been a while since I've written any meaningful code, and I could use the experience. I'm not promising anything, but implementing something that does that shouldn't be too difficult. I'd like to at least have something to compare it to, if you still have the plugin saved.

#194 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

Here's the plugin:
https://www.phpbb.co... ... p=12802251

I have it implemented on my test site. It works fine. The problem is that when you hit the enter key after entering the URL text, it triggers a form submission for "preview post" instead of the OK dialog for the URL prompt.
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#195 Spoonless

Spoonless
  • Members
  • 97 posts
  • LocationCranston, RI

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:35 AM

Neat. I'll sit down with it probably tomorrow or Thursday, when I have a day off.

#196 Don Quixote

Don Quixote

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,055 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

Right now 600 points gets you the swatch. Once you get to 1,000 you will now get a little badge below the swatch. You will get a new badge for ever 1,000 points after that.

Sam tried to come up with a crab icon, but it's tough to get any detail because the icon is so small.

Oh, okay. Thanks for the update.

#197 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

I finally caved and paid the 3 bucks for tapatalk. Its pretty awesome.

@fuzydunlop

#198 Spoonless

Spoonless
  • Members
  • 97 posts
  • LocationCranston, RI

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

I finally caved and paid the 3 bucks for tapatalk. Its pretty awesome.

There are a lot of cool boards on it.

#199 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:16 AM

I use chrome, and I'm a big fan of the bookmark bar at the top. BSL has no icon for chrome like most websites do. Have you thought about making one?

@fuzydunlop

#200 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

Not sure where to post this, but a suggestion -- how about changing the order of the sections by the sports in season? I would put the Ravens ahead of the Orioles right now. When you go onto the site the page you see before you scroll down is just Orioles content. Just an idea.
@levineps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=