#22 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,546 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 25 June 2015 - 11:32 AM

Maybe it'd be easier to move all of the side bar's about team's strategies to this thread for the next few days.

#23 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,546 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 25 June 2015 - 11:33 AM

Thought this was interesting:

@ESPNStatsInfo If Timberwolves keep #1 pick + Wiggins & Bennett, they'll be the 1st team with 3 straight No. 1 picks on the same roster. (via @EliasSports)

#24 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,388 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 25 June 2015 - 11:39 AM

Reports of the Lakers targeting Russell if they keep their pick.

#25 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,546 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 25 June 2015 - 11:40 AM

I'm a big Bilas fan, but all his sound bites about Okafor the past couple days are getting annoying. It's like he's taken it amongst himself to be his agent and help build him up in the midst of slipping a bit leading up to the draft tonight. I agree with what he's saying, but it doesn't look right.

#26 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 11:54 AM

As I noted during the NCAA tournament it was a little concerning when Okafor went up against a legit big man. Most all are legit in the NBA. I think he'll be good offensively, a lot of questions about being great.

#27 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 June 2015 - 01:01 PM

I'm a big Bilas fan, but all his sound bites about Okafor the past couple days are getting annoying. It's like he's taken it amongst himself to be his agent and help build him up in the midst of slipping a bit leading up to the draft tonight. I agree with what he's saying, but it doesn't look right.

What he is saying is 100% right. Doesn't matter how it looks.

People hate it when people are right or telling the truth..will never understand that mindset.

#28 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 June 2015 - 01:02 PM

Reports of the Lakers targeting Russell if they keep their pick.

All those years of getting bitched by guards is making them think?

#29 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,546 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 25 June 2015 - 01:12 PM

You can't understand why a Dookie who is supposed to be objective is OBSESSED with Okafor the past two days? How is that hard to understand? And I've defended him a lot with this stuff, but it's been so obvious the past couple days. It's silly. I'm not debating the content of what he's saying at all. But as Buck Showalter would say, he can be right but still be wrong. I think it's wrong to be that obsessed about your fellow Dookie to a national audience.

#30 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,636 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 25 June 2015 - 01:19 PM

All those years of getting bitched by guards is making them think?

?

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#31 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,636 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 25 June 2015 - 01:19 PM

You can't understand why a Dookie who is supposed to be objective is OBSESSED with Okafor the past two days? How is that hard to understand? And I've defended him a lot with this stuff, but it's been so obvious the past couple days. It's silly. I'm not debating the content of what he's saying at all. But as Buck Showalter would say, he can be right but still be wrong. I think it's wrong to be that obsessed about your fellow Dookie to a national audience.

It's disgusting.  Last night ESPN was supposed to be airing a Draft Preview and it was, literally, almost 70% Bilas talking about Okafor.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#32 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 03:25 PM

Bilas is becoming less likeable by the year. He's smart, but he definitely is pumping Okafor and at. times Duke too hard. He also has become full of himself. He's overly critical, is extremely hard headed, and obnoxious.

#33 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 25 June 2015 - 04:18 PM

Love the draft, really looking forward to tonight.

#jptokoto#1

@beginthebegin71

#34 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 June 2015 - 05:49 PM

It's likely the topic ESPN wants him to discuss.

On top of that, who to take #1 and Okafor himself has basically become the biggest story of the draft in terms of the players.

It's the idea of the new NBA and shit like that.

I think you are reading more into than is there.

#35 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,388 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 05:57 PM

From what I've heard, Okafor isn't really even being considered at #1 and Towns is pretty clearly the guy. So that's an odd biggest story of the draft if it is.

#36 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 June 2015 - 05:59 PM

From what I've heard, Okafor isn't really even being considered at #1 and Towns is pretty clearly the guy. So that's an odd biggest story of the draft if it is.

It's not who will go as much as who should go.

The one thing I will disagree with Bilas about is how he said that he was the #1 pick after the season. That's not true. Towns has been the guy since the end of the regular season.

#37 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 June 2015 - 06:03 PM

I didn't see enough of Towns but I would agree that he is the better all around prospect right now.

Bilas' point is that his post game is so good, that he should be ahead of Towns.

I actually think Okafor has a chance of falling a little bit because of the worries about his defense.

#38 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,388 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 06:03 PM

From

what I've heard, Okafor isn't really even being considered at #1 and Towns is pretty clearly the guy. So that's an odd biggest story of the draft if it is.

It's not who will go as much as who should go.

The one thing I will disagree with Bilas about is how he said that he was the #1 pick after the season. That's not true. Towns has been the guy since the end of the regular season.

Well besides from Bilas, the consensus seems to be that Towns should be that pick.

#39 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,388 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 06:11 PM

Okafor shouldn't even be a top 3 pick if there aren't trades due in part to the rosters/needs of the top 3 teams.

#40 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,388 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 06:15 PM

Porzingis is super enticing from what I know of him. But he does have the soft European big bust cloud hanging over him. Could be Dirkish though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=