#141 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:55 PM

I know we have a golf thread already, but since AT&T National is very close for most of us, I wanted to start a thread to see if anyone was planning on going down this week?

I got my dad & I VIP passes for Thursday so I'm really looking forward to it and I know my dad is as it's his first ever PGA Event to attend.

I went to a US Open practice round last year @ Congressional and was trying to remember about traffic/etc but my memory is slipping...

Lots open up at 6:30 (I believe) and I have parking pass at one of the lots that the shuttle runs to/from so if I'm leaving from the Catonsville area, to beat traffic, what's the best time to leave and best route to get there ( I'm thinking 70 to 270)

Last year (US Open) I took one of those shuttles from the Grosvernor Metro Station, I believe it was like $8 (I got it for free though, long story).

Year before I went with my dad and we parked at a nearby house, where they charged I think it was $50. Yeah it's Potomac, they'll make you pay a premium.

Bottomline, unless you have lots of $$$ to spend, I'd probably do the shuttle for those of you going.
@levineps

#142 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:39 PM

With Tiger's win, he's now won 3 of list last 7 starts. No majors yet, but that's very legit.

@AdamWolff

#143 Brobey

Brobey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 561 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:50 PM

Tiger paired with Sergio and Justin Rose for the 1st and 2nd rounds...
@brobey1

#144 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:04 PM

Relatively short course.

Tiger may not have to use driver all week. Could be like that one Open where he never hit a driver and just hit his stinger all tourney.

#145 Brobey

Brobey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 561 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:24 PM

He's going to need to stay out of the traps...think I read there are 207 traps on the course and 20+ on one hole alone...could be a great course for Tiger to hit his "stingers" and stay in the fairway.
@brobey1

#146 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,636 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:56 PM

This is the most fascinating golf tournament of the year for me. I hate that it's hours in advance but it really is interesting to watch golfers play in such absurd conditions.

It's not the most fun for me to watch, but it's definitely the most fascinating.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#147 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,373 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:57 PM

SI: Adam Scott leads Tiger Woods...
http://www.golf.com/...11_a0&eref=sihp

#148 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:28 AM

Phil will miss the cut unless a miracle happens.

#149 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,636 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:38 AM

Does anyone know what time the weekend rounds start airing live? I may try to wake up early and catch most of it.

@bopper33

#150 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:40 AM

Does anyone know what time the weekend rounds start airing live? I may try to wake up early and catch most of it.

Pretty sure it starts at 7 AM tomorrow morning.

@AdamWolff

#151 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,636 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:45 AM

Ugh, may have to miss a few of the early tee times. It IS Friday night afterall.

@bopper33

#152 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,089 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:03 AM

Leaders won't tee off until much later. Sleep in, shake the hangover, and then watch the second half of the round.

#153 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,089 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:15 PM

Leaders tee off at 10am tomorrow!

Tiger will be in the second to last pairing. Got to -6 by holing out of a bunker on #18.

Snedeker blew up today, firing a 64 to get to -10 and in sole possession of the lead, but Adam Scott followed up yesterday's 64 with a 67 and is just one back. Tiger is all alone in 3rd place at the moment at -6 after back-to-back 67's. Gotta like his course management. If he can keep it up and make some putts, I think he can win this thing. Scott isn't going to give it away, though. Snedeker might.

#154 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,636 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:49 PM

10 am tee off. Perfect. If I am hungover, I'll grab a waffle and bacon from Double T diner and come home and pop the Open on. Watch that for a few hours and then start pre-gaming for a pool party/BBQ tomorrow night.

Solid Saturday coming.

@bopper33

#155 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,089 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:47 PM

10 am tee off. Perfect. If I am hungover, I'll grab a waffle and bacon from Double T diner and come home and pop the Open on. Watch that for a few hours and then start pre-gaming for a pool party/BBQ tomorrow night.

Solid Saturday coming.

Excellent plan, although I'd go with the chicken fried steak. I loooooove chicken fried steak.

I'm going tubing up at Harper's Ferry tomorrow, so I won't be able to watch moving day, but I will be able to watch the final day. My roommates and I are getting crabs as well, plan is to sit out in the back yard (back concrete, since it's a Canton row home) and hopefully bring a TV outside (may alter plans if it's rainy or crazy hot). Not a bad little Sunday!

#156 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:54 PM

Leaders tee off at 10am tomorrow!

Tiger will be in the second to last pairing. Got to -6 by holing out of a bunker on #18.

Snedeker blew up today, firing a 64 to get to -10 and in sole possession of the lead, but Adam Scott followed up yesterday's 64 with a 67 and is just one back. Tiger is all alone in 3rd place at the moment at -6 after back-to-back 67's. Gotta like his course management. If he can keep it up and make some putts, I think he can win this thing. Scott isn't going to give it away, though. Snedeker might.

Course management is absolutely the way to describe how Tiger's playing. He is so methodical out there, you can tell that he has every single shot planned out before the round even begins. Like you said, going to be all about making putts for him. I don't think he's going to have any trouble hitting fairways and greens, just needs to roll a few 15-20 footers in.

I'd be shocked if Snedeker didn't come back to earth. Leading a major after 36 holes, tying the 36 hole record..lot of big name, talented players gunning for you..could be in for a tough Saturday. Or this could be his coming out party, who knows. Should be a great weekend of golf though.

@AdamWolff

#157 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:12 AM

Why am I waiting for a Tiger blowup???? It almost feels inevitable. If he doesn't he is gonna give himself a great shot Sunday. And def rooting for a Scott/Woods final pairing.

#158 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:39 AM

Made it up by 9:15 to watch..best I could do!

@AdamWolff

#159 Don Quixote

Don Quixote

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,055 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:48 AM

I'm switching between that and the Tour de France.

#160 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,636 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:28 PM

Man my waffle was amazing.