#121 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:36 AM

Pierce is inactive and all 6 WR are active. Hope that isn't a sign that they plan on being pass happy.

#122 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 05:27 PM

This is the real Kubiak test, right? Pees too. Can Kubiak's offense overcome Marvin Lewis's defense. Can Pees continue to dial up an aggressive defense using stunts and blitzes effectively? We're getting healthy, we've got Will Hill back at FS now. There's no AJ Green most likely.

This game will be a really strong measure of this team.

I'm guessing we're going to need to go on the road to beat the Colts or the Broncos in the playoffs at some point (if not both) and this is going to tell us about how the team will respond to big road games.

Questions answered. This team has a lot of work to do. Especially, on the road.

If Jimmy Smith is out for any significant time we are in deep trouble.

#123 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,238 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 05 January 2015 - 07:52 AM

Sad Marvin 0dd3fa70853f038a13f43923d497ff84.jpg

#124 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,264 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 05:25 PM

CBS Sports: Bengals reset 2015: Heavyweight 1-2 punch in draft

http://www.cbssports...-punch-in-draft

#125 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,264 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 12:04 PM

Sports Illustrated: Off-season Report Card

http://www.si.com/nf...son-report-card

#126 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,264 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 05:27 PM

Sports on Earth: Green Ready to Make Bank

http://www.sportsone...-green-contract

#127 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,264 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 09:25 PM

Bengals seem kind of forgotten about.  Which I think can mainly be attributed to the lack of respect for Dalton.

#128 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,264 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 09:16 AM

FOX Sports: Cincinnati Bengals preview (No. 6): It's all about winning in the playoffs

http://www.foxsports...-preview-081015

#129 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,264 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 09:36 AM

Cincy Jungle:The real Geno Atkins is standing up

Cincy Jungle: A.J. Green takes heat for effort on red zone play

Cincy Jungle: Week 2 Bengals: Rookie Report

Cincy Jungle: Confident Hill will get through fumble issues

#130 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,264 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 10:40 AM

Sports Illustrated: Through first four games of 2015, Andy Dalton has never been better

http://www.si.com/nf...cinnati-bengals

#131 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,511 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 06 October 2015 - 10:43 AM

They've made some subtle changes to the offense that are allowing him to do a little more. The league will adjust, and he'll be back to Andy Dalton here in a couple weeks. They will not win a playoff game this year. Guaranteed.

#132 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,264 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 10:47 AM

They've made some subtle changes to the offense that are allowing him to do a little more. The league will adjust, and he'll be back to Andy Dalton here in a couple weeks. They will not win a playoff game this year. Guaranteed.

Don't think Dalton is any different than he has been...  a mid-tier QB.  Completely believe the Bengals are capable of winning a playoff game with him.

#133 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,511 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 06 October 2015 - 10:50 AM

Don't think Dalton is any different than he has been...  a mid-tier QB.  Completely believe the Bengals are capable of winning a playoff game with him.

Well, yeah, they're capable. Anything can happen. But they still aren't a threat in the AFC IMO. And won't be with Dalton as their QB.... unless they build some freakishly good team around him, which they aren't.

#134 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,264 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 10:52 AM

Don't think anyone is great, including the Pats. Wouldn't expect the Bengals to win in New England, but wouldn't shock me.  Colts, and Denver certainly have flaws of their own.

#135 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,511 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 06 October 2015 - 10:53 AM

See that's what I mean... there's no chance in hell an Andy Dalton led team is winning in New England to get to the Super Bowl.

#136 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,603 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 10:56 AM

Don't think anyone is great, including the Pats. Wouldn't expect the Bengals to win in New England, but wouldn't shock me.  Colts, and Denver certainly have flaws of their own.

Pats are great. No team is perfect but the Pats are almost guaranteed to host the AFCCG.

The only team I see giving them fits is Buffalo. They'll annihilate anyone else, including Denver.

I would say the Ravens could give them a tough time if we sneak in at 9-7 or whatever but without Suggs and our terrible secondary as well as no WR's, I don't see how we could keep a game in NE close either.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#137 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,264 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 10:56 AM

See that's what I mean... there's no chance in hell an Andy Dalton led team is winning in New England to get to the Super Bowl.

IDK... just because you would give the edge to Brady and Bellichick at home... doesn't really condemn Dalton imo.  There are only so many elite guys to go around.  Him being consistently middle of the pack, and being surrounded by good overall talent isn't a bad recipe imo.

OTOH...  yeah, you start naming Brady, Luck, Manning...  Dalton certainly stands out as the guy that doesn't belong.

#138 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,511 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 06 October 2015 - 10:59 AM

IDK... just because you would give the edge to Brady and Bellichick at home... doesn't really condemn Dalton imo.  There are only so many elite guys to go around.  Him being consistently middle of the pack, and being surrounded by good overall talent isn't a bad recipe imo.

OTOH...  yeah, you start naming Brady, Luck, Manning...  Dalton certainly stands out as the guy that doesn't belong.

Yeah, that's basically what I'm saying. We should all be happy they have Dalton. A better QB, and that's a team that is probably better than us these past several years (and moving forward). Hell they already are, at times... but they still won't have what it takes, IMO. Purgatory.

#139 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,264 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 10:59 AM

Pats are great. No team is perfect but the Pats are almost guaranteed to host the AFCCG.

The only team I see giving them fits is Buffalo. They'll annihilate anyone else, including Denver.

Ohh I think that should be expected of them as well... and I think they will put up a ton of points this year. We know they have an all-time Coach, QB, TE.... and it's not like the rest of the Pats have no talent....  just don't think they are 'great'.  Maybe they are in today's NFL, but the elite teams of today seem lacking compared to the some of the better teams of our youth....  such as early 90s Dallas, and SF.

But yeah... compared to anyone else going today, sure NE compares well.

#140 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,511 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 06 October 2015 - 11:00 AM

I would say the Ravens could give them a tough time if we sneak in at 9-7 or whatever but without Suggs and our terrible secondary as well as no WR's, I don't see how we could keep a game in NE close either.

Yeah, unfortunately, unless there are injuries to Gronk or Brady, they are definitely legitimately great. Sucks. But it's true.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=