#81 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:38 PM

Whitworth is no doubt a stud but it doesnt mean Dalton has the 90s Cowboys O-Line in front of him. The reliable run game was ranked in the bottom half of the league. And he got Green almost a 100 catches. Its not like Larry Fitzgerald who saw his production cut in half when a bad QB was in for him

If I have my pick of Flacco and Dalton, I take Flacco all day. But Dalton isnt bad. And a not bad QB is hard to come by. The contract suggests that Dalton is worth slightly less than Flacco, and I feel thats the case in real life when you compare the two.

Besides, why waste the best years of Green, and soon to be Bernards careers by bringing in another rookie who will go through growing pains, or just plain suck, when Dalton is more than capable? Upgrade the defense maybe, then Dalton wont have to do as much. Like Russell Wilson's case.

Well the contract insinuates the Bengals don't have much faith in Dalton either, but right now he's their best option with a chance to make strides in a more conservative offense.

I'm not changing my stance that Dalton is mediocre at best and has been propped up by the talent around him.
@gabefergy

#82 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:41 PM

Well the contract insinuates the Bengals don't have much faith in Dalton either, but right now he's their best option with a chance to make strides in a more conservative offense.

I'm not changing my stance that Dalton is mediocre at best and has been propped up by the talent around him.

I'll buy that. The same could be said for guys like Matt Stafford and Jay Cutler. Mediocre, maybe. But not terrible QBs by any means. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#83 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,701 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 03:27 PM

I think it's a decent contract for the Bengals.  They can get out of it easily after next easily after next season, and he never had a cap hit above about $16.5M

If he doesn't develop further and start winning playoff games for them, they can cut him without much of a cap hit.  If he takes that step, then it's a very reasonable contract for a middle tier starting QB.

#84 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,009 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:19 AM

SI / MMQB: Bengals hedge bets on Dalton

http://mmqb.si.com/2...n-new-contract/

#85 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,009 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:46 PM

Sports on Earth: Let's curb the outrage over Dalton's contract

http://www.sportsone...ontract#!bxrDMm

#86 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:01 PM

Willy Beaman's on the Bengals?

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#87 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:06 PM

Why Your Team Sucks 2014: Cincinnati Bengals

@DJ_McCann

#88 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,009 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:51 AM

Cincinnati Bengals.com: 2014 Record: By the Dozen?

http://www.bengals.c...a1-658c269c700a

Cincinnati Bengals.com: Quick look at the 53

http://www.bengals.c...bb-f5bd259c62c1

#89 WolaOdeniran

WolaOdeniran
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:38 AM

Do the Bengals take a step back this season?

http://www.vavel.com...on-preview.html

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#90 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:48 AM

Bengals selling jersey of practice squader Devon Still, and for good reason wp.me/p14QSB-9z92

#91 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,009 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 02:24 PM

AJ Green left the game early with a toe injury. Despite that, the Bengals are up 3 TD's on Atlanta.  Both RBs producing.

#92 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,260 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 06:29 PM

Not to bring up old news, but after today, I don't feel quite as bad about how our offense performed in the first half. Cincinnati's defense made Ryan look bad all game. Cincinnati just may be hitting on all cylinders right now.

#93 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,009 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:35 AM

Cincy Jungle: Bengals Week Seven: The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly

http://www.cincyjung...ad-and-the-ugly

#94 BSLMattJergensen

BSLMattJergensen

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:15 AM

http://baltimorespor...innati-bengals/

Big game this week.

Can the Ravens avoid a series sweep?

Are they catching the stripes at the right time?

Will AJ Green play?

Let's talk about it.

#95 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:01 PM

Curiously, who is more important to this game:  Eugene Monroe plays or AJ Green plays.

I wonder if Green is going to be 100% and will be more of a decoy of sorts if he does end up playing.  

I'm curious if the Ravens start pressuring more at the line of scrimmage or at least decoying at the LOS as they line up to prevent the quick hitches that really seemed to plague us in the first game.

Our road woes are going to be put to a firm test.  It's clear we're a much better offense at home.  I'll be curious to see how that goes.  I think a lot of this hinges on Monroe and KO being healthy enough to play.  We've gotten by, but you've got to be really good on the road to win at times.

#96 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:14 PM

Run the damn ball!!!!

#97 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:23 PM

Cincy is a wounded, desperate animal. Have to think they'll be ready.

This is just a matchup where Cincy seems to know what to do against us. How to play us. Kind of like Pittsburgh for a long time.  Hopefully, we find a way to keep the pressure on Dalton. And my goodness when he inevitably throws the ball to our secondary guys they're gonna have to pick it off. Cant keep dropping those golden opportunities

#98 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:26 PM

Cincy is a wounded, desperate animal. Have to think they'll be ready.

This is just a matchup where Cincy seems to know what to do against us. How to play us. Kind of like Pittsburgh for a long time.  Hopefully, we find a way to keep the pressure on Dalton. And my goodness when he inevitably throws the ball to our secondary guys they're gonna have to pick it off. Cant keep dropping those golden opportunities

They know how to play us because for whatever reason, our offensive game plan is always terrible.

Go back and look at the box scores...we almost never run the ball even 20 times vs them and yet the games are usually close.

We always have Joe dropping back 40 times and that's just dumb.

#99 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,701 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:32 PM

They know how to play us because for whatever reason, our offensive game plan is always terrible.

Go back and look at the box scores...we almost never run the ball even 20 times vs them and yet the games are usually close.

We always have Joe dropping back 40 times and that's just dumb.

A lot of times that's because we fall behind.  If you're down by double digits in the second half, you can't run the ball.

I would agree that we often abandon the run too early when we fall behind in the first half and are still within 10ish points, but whenever Joe is throwing the ball 50+ times, it's not because the team thought that was a good idea, it's because that was what had to happen to try and get back into the game.  Exactly like Week 1 this year, basically.

#100 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:38 PM

A lot of times that's because we fall behind.  If you're down by double digits in the second half, you can't run the ball.

I would agree that we often abandon the run too early when we fall behind in the first half and are still within 10ish points, but whenever Joe is throwing the ball 50+ times, it's not because the team thought that was a good idea, it's because that was what had to happen to try and get back into the game.  Exactly like Week 1 this year, basically.

This isn't the case in the Cinci games.

They are usually within a TD and still stop running.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=