718 replies to this topic

#61 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,068 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:55 PM

I wonder what the percentage of Branden's to Brandon's is.  I'm sure GoT style Bryden's are pretty rare, though badass.

#62 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:24 PM

I wonder what the percentage of Branden's to Brandon's is. I'm sure GoT style Bryden's are pretty rare, though badass.

That's old school too. I've seen more Es over the last decade or so. 20-25 years ago I would have sworn I was the only one. I was not happy with my parents for a long time.

#63 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:33 PM

Most of the haters aren't exactly the type that he or any intelligent, big NBA fan would respect the opinion of anyway. But as has been said already, his legacy will be better for winning two titles than none with the Cavs if that's what would have happened and it will be better if he goes elsewhere to win more titles assuming he wouldn't win with Miami in the immediate future.

You're so far up LeBrons ass. How dare you ever laugh at me on Flacco or Turg.

Stephen A Smith is one of the biggest LBJ apologists I know and he said it would look bad if LeBron leaves Miami for anywhere but Cleveland.

#64 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:46 PM

Stephen A Smith is one of the biggest LBJ apologists I know and he said it would look bad if LeBron leaves Miami for anywhere but Cleveland.

Yeah initially; long-term wise, it's about championships though. I wouldn't be too concerned about public opinion if I were him, he isn't going to please everyone anyways.

@levineps

#65 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:14 AM

If we're basing things off of what Stephen A. says this board, and the world, would explode.
  • Oriole85 likes this

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#66 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,317 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:47 AM

If we're basing things off of what Stephen A. says this board, and the world, would explode.

1rdxc2.png

But Lebron is a dear personal friend of his...

• Adam Wolff likes this

#67 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,384 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 21 June 2014 - 10:43 AM

Most of the haters aren't exactly the type that he or any intelligent, big NBA fan would respect the opinion of anyway. But as has been said already, his legacy will be better for winning two titles than none with the Cavs if that's what would have happened and it will be better if he goes elsewhere to win more titles assuming he wouldn't win with Miami in the immediate future.

Yeah, it will look bad to a lot of people. I already said that. But ultimately winning will trump that 20+ years from now. How does that have to go with being a LeBron lover? And I hope you see this the difference between the caliber of the 3 people you brought up.

#68 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,384 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:09 PM

Zach Lowe on LeBron's options: http://grantland.com...bron-landscape/

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#69 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:16 PM

I bet he opts out and goes to the wizards.

Is this supposed to be funny?

@levineps

#70 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,522 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:55 PM

If Bosh and Wade don't opt out, he should absolutely leave.

The only thought he should have is what is going to be the best team to surround me the next x amount of years.

Some will continue to like him, some will continue to not.

He has all the $ and accolades in the world. The only thing that could possibly interest him is winning and playing for titles.

It almost certainly will come down to what the other two decide. If they do opt out and are willing to take less, then I think LeBron does the same, stays in Miami, and Riley can retool the rest of the roster. The difference between LeBron and Wade/Bosh is that in addition to being a better player overall, LeBron is still at his peak, while the other two (particularly Wade) are on the decline. So even if LeBron takes less now, he still has a longer window ahead to make more money (not to mention what he earns off the court), while the other two don't have that. Opting out might well be too much of a financial sacrifice for Bosh and Wade, even though playing out their contracts may make LeBron want to go elsewhere and would leave them with no chance at another title.

#71 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:59 PM

I bet he opts out and goes to the wizards.
Is this supposed to be funny?
No

#72 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:59 PM

No

Ok so what are you basing that off of? There's nothing linking him to the Wizards.

@levineps

#73 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:08 PM

If LBJ stays in Miami with Bosh and Wade of the next 3-4 years and doesn't win a title, what will you say about him?

#74 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:10 PM

He'll say he wasn't goodc enough to will that team to titles.

#75 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,384 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:11 PM

If I'm Wade, I may be afraid to opt out and then see the Heat have a change of heart and say see ya!

#76 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,522 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:41 PM

If I'm Wade, I may be afraid to opt out and then see the Heat have a change of heart and say see ya!

I don't know if they go that far, Mickey Arison seems like he's pretty loyal. But they will certainly want him to take a sizable pay cut, and justifiably so.

#77 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,634 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:35 PM

Ok so what are you basing that off of? There's nothing linking him to the Wizards.

Lol.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#78 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:50 PM

If LBJ stays in Miami with Bosh and Wade of the next 3-4 years and doesn't win a title, what will you say about him?

He is gonna draw another elite player to play with him. They'll and he'll find ways to get enough talent around him.

#79 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:40 PM

He is gonna draw another elite player to play with him. They'll and he'll find ways to get enough talent around him.

That will be tough if those 3 all stay together.

And if another elite player goes there, you will complain about that too.

#80 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 12:16 AM

When the going gets tough, leave. Great message to our children.

Seriously, nobody can deny it. You are essentially letting the best players pick and choose where and with who they want to play on a year to year basis. That's really great for the league.

It's gonna be hilarious. James will go join up with Melo and Love next. Then a year from now when Love blows out his knees people will not only be accepting of but asking for LeBron to demand a trade to the next team of healthy, top of their game Superstars. Leave the washed up, unhealthy, trash behind. Just think about yourself.

And we wonder why athletes are so egotistical and selfish nowadays.This is the perfect example of not only accepting selfishness, but encouraging it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=