#481 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 18 August 2016 - 08:51 AM

Look at Lochte's hair, just look at it!  Having said that can you take anything he says seriously?

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#482 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 18 August 2016 - 09:10 AM

Not sure if I think the Rio PD or Lochte has less credibility.  I could pretty easily believe the worst about either.

Pretty crazy that they aren't letting them leave the country (at least the ones that aren't already out).  At worst the swimmers are guilty of making a false police report, right?  Seems like a small potatoes thing to be holding someone's passport over. 

Did they ever make a police report?

@DJ_McCann

#483 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 18 August 2016 - 09:15 AM

832040.jpg?b64lines=IEknbSBhZnJhaWQgdGhh

• DJ MC likes this

#484 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,661 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 09:19 AM

Just got an update from Yahoo Sports saying a report states they totally fabricated the robbery story.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#485 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,532 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 August 2016 - 09:22 AM

Just got an update from Yahoo Sports saying a report states they totally fabricated the robbery story.

That's idiotic.

#486 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,243 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 18 August 2016 - 09:38 AM

They were probably at some brothel/bar/strip club or out with girls and one of their girlfriends back at Olympic Village called asking where they were and they made up the whole story to cover one of their backs.

#487 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 09:46 AM

They were probably at some brothel/bar/strip club or out with girls and one of their girlfriends back at Olympic Village called asking where they were and they made up the whole story to cover one of their backs.

I mean they said they were at a party at a Brazilians swimmers house. It's not like we think they weren't getting laid there.

#488 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 10:05 AM

So bizarre. False police reports should be taken very seriously, IMO. No matter what country it is. They should be punished in ordance with whatever the law is.

If they filed a police report of course. If they simply lied to a girlfriend because they were out screwing around...well...you got caught. Oh well.
@BSLMikeRandall

#489 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,966 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 10:42 AM

That report comes from the Brazilian police, so I guess you never know, but they claim to have video.  Apparently the swimmers broke a door and a toilet in a gas station and were made to pay for the damages, possibly at gunpoint.

#490 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 18 August 2016 - 10:51 AM

http://olympics.nbcs...-field-jamaica/

#491 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 18 August 2016 - 12:06 PM

So the swimmers got into a fight with a security guard and made up the story to cover something up.  

Idiots.  Not sure if they will get into any trouble or not??

#492 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,966 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 12:26 PM

Apparently they stopped at a gas station to use the bathroom, but the outdoor bathroom door was locked.  Instead of going inside to get the key, they just forced the door open.  Then a security guard showed up.  He was armed, but apparently didn't point his gun at anybody.

#493 CA-ORIOLE

CA-ORIOLE

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • LocationSOCAL

Posted 18 August 2016 - 01:07 PM

Apparently they stopped at a gas station to use the bathroom, but the outdoor bathroom door was locked.  Instead of going inside to get the key, they just forced the door open.  Then a security guard showed up.  He was armed, but apparently didn't point his gun at anybody.

So, it looks like the story got spread by his mother after Lochte told her about it. They paid the gas station for the damage and that probably would have been it. If he didn't say anything to his mother likely nothing would have happened. 

#494 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,966 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 01:31 PM

Yeah, there was an armed guy with a badge demanding money from them, but Lochte left out a few important details in his conversation with his mom.

#495 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,532 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 August 2016 - 01:32 PM

I can't help but think about how much more vitriol there would be about this had it been Men's basketball instead of 4 white guys.

#496 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 01:33 PM

I can't help but think about how much more vitriol there would be about this had it been Men's basketball instead of 4 white guys.

Knock it off. These guys are swim bro idiots. End of story

#497 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 01:35 PM

No kidding....  (Now, watch some folks who live in denial give you crap for saying that out loud...)

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#498 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 01:37 PM

So, it looks like the story got spread by his mother after Lochte told her about it. They paid the gas station for the damage and that probably would have been it. If he didn't say anything to his mother likely nothing would have happened. 

So, exactly what did Mom do?   Did she make up the bogus story?   Or did he tell Mom a bogus story for no apparent reason, and she just passed it on?

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#499 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,992 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 03:42 PM

Hah, what a fucking loon Lochte is.  Hope he disappears from public awareness. 

#500 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 18 August 2016 - 08:22 PM

Christ..does everything have to be about race?

Yes, it would be a bigger deal if it was the NBA players..you know why? Because people know who the fuck they are.

You talked about how you think it's funny we discuss greatest athlete stuff with guys we see every 4 years. Well, same thought process here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=