#581 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,555 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:31 PM

Exactly, it was a bad loss, no question. 

Just bad timing that a team with a fan base filled with an inferiority complex to begin with had to be in Boston on the one year Anniversary of the Marathon bombings. I just didn't realize it would be so hard to people to fathom that a lot of the coverage the past two days just might center around the fact that people died in the bombings..I mean, come on people..

All good though. 

Yeah, no kidding. That stuff (the coverage) didn't bother me at all. In fact, I thought it was generally pretty well done. Especially the pre-game ceremony at Fenway, that was just a home run. Great job they did with that.

• SBTarheel likes this

#582 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,464 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:31 PM

Exactly, it was a bad loss, no question. 

Just bad timing that a team with a fan base filled with an inferiority complex to begin with had to be in Boston on the one year Anniversary of the Marathon bombings. I just didn't realize it would be so hard to people to fathom that a lot of the coverage the past two days just might center around the fact that people died in the bombings..I mean, come on people..

All good though. 

Don't think anyone doesn't feel for the victims, their families... that entire City for the cowardice actions they dealt with last year. Don't think anyone objects to the obvious mentions of the Marathon a year later... 

I did have a problem with MASN providing race updates.. maybe problem is too much. It annoyed me. If you wanted race coverage, there were other outlets to get that from.

#583 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:33 PM

Jesus Christ people are still complaining about the game threads. 

This could be an "anything goes" board where you could just say whatever you want, but Chris doesn't want that. I don't think asking people to show a certain amount of decorum is asking that much. 

LOL, it's the one message board debate that just won't ever die, is it not?

Who really fired Cam Cameron?

@levineps

#584 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,464 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:33 PM

Jesus Christ people are still complaining about the game threads. 

People can be too negative, people can be too positive...   both can be difficult to listen to.  Somewhere in the middle without taking personal shots at the players or other posters makes for better threads imo.

• Adam Wolff likes this

#585 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,555 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:35 PM

People can be too negative, people can be too positive...   both can be difficult to listen to.  Somewhere in the middle without taking personal shots at the players or other posters makes for better threads imo.

Mack tends to strike a nice balance I think. Me too, unless I'm drunk... which, well... I don't want to talk about it. ;)

What's the solution? Game Threads have been complained about since the beginning of time... has the dialogue changed anything?

#586 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:36 PM

Don't think anyone doesn't feel for the victims, their families... that entire City for the cowardice actions they dealt with last year. Don't think anyone objects to the obvious mentions of the Marathon a year later... 

I did have a problem with MASN providing race updates.. maybe problem is too much. It annoyed me. If you wanted race coverage, there were other outlets to get that from.

I listened to the game at the office, so I can't speak on how MASN covered it....

I can't imagine they spent much time on it, but if you say it was annoying, then so be it. 

None of what ESPN did last night bothered me one iota, in fact, I thought it was great. 

@beginthebegin71

#587 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:37 PM

Mack tends to strike a nice balance I think. Me too, unless I'm drunk... which, well... I don't want to talk about it. ;)

What's the solution? Game Threads have been complained about since the beginning of time... has the dialogue changed anything?

I promise not to bring shit up again...

We have a good team, I just wish people would enjoy them more..

No more, no less. 

@beginthebegin71

#588 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,555 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:37 PM

I listened to the game at the office, so I can't speak on how MASN covered it....

I can't imagine they spent much time on it, but if you say it was annoying, then so be it. 

None of what ESPN did last night bothered me one iota, in fact, I thought it was great. 

And the fact that Kruk was so upset about the transfer rule thing should have been proof that even on Boston Night, ESPN doesn't in fact hate the Orioles.

#589 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,464 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:38 PM

Well.... whenever I step back and say less... there seems to be more issue with the threads.

#590 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,555 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:39 PM

I promise not to bring shit up again...

We have a good team, I just wish people would enjoy them more..

No more, no less. 

You bringing it up doesn't bother me... the constant back and forth just gets old after a while. It's the whole doing something over and over again and expecting a different result. You know what I'm saying?

#591 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:39 PM

And the fact that Kruk was so upset about the transfer rule thing should have been proof that even on Boston Night, ESPN doesn't in fact hate the Orioles.

That's driven me nuts since the beginning of time it feels like...Those "ESPN hates us" people are just idiots. 

@beginthebegin71

#592 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:40 PM

You bringing it up doesn't bother me... the constant back and forth just gets old after a while. It's the whole doing something over and over again and expecting a different result. You know what I'm saying?

I hear you, and I try to hold back, but sometimes I can't help myself...

I just need to hold my tongue when nothing good comes of it anyway. 

@beginthebegin71

#593 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,464 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:42 PM

It might not have ignored anyone else... but it annoyed me. It wasn't the amount of time (minimal at most)... but MASN giving results multiple times, to tell us who won the Handcycle, and who won the Wheelchair divisions has zero to do with respecting the victims.

Didn't have a problem with what ESPN did last night either.

#594 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:44 PM

Some people actually did object to the Marathon mentions, they thought it was time to move on. I saw one person (not here), talk about how only three people had died.

I didn't see MASN's coverage today, but I don't see the big deal like you did in showing race results. What did it last like 15-20 seconds? Maybe I would've seen your point more if I had watched the game but I doubt it.

One thing that always bothers me is the "fuck you" and other profanities to certain players when they don't come through. If they're showing a lack of effort, it's one thing, still not usually warranted IMO.  

@levineps

#595 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:45 PM

Both sides being more tolerant, neither side is going to get exactly what they want. Am I doing a peace treaty here?

@levineps

#596 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:48 PM

It might not have ignored anyone else... but it annoyed me. It wasn't the amount of time (minimal at most)... but MASN giving results multiple times, to tell us who won the Handcycle, and who won the Wheelchair divisions has zero to do with respecting the victims.

Didn't have a problem with what ESPN did last night either.

Fair enough, like I said, I didn't see it. 

It's two days that they focused on it, and we all understand why. That's all I'm saying. 

@beginthebegin71

#597 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,464 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:49 PM

Some people actually did object to the Marathon mentions, they thought it was time to move on. I saw one person (not here), talk about how only three people had died.

I didn't see MASN's coverage today, but I don't see the big deal like you did in showing race results. What did it last like 15-20 seconds? Maybe I would've seen your point more if I had watched the game but I doubt it.

One thing that always bothers me is the "fuck you" and other profanities to certain players when they don't come through. If they're showing a lack of effort, it's one thing, still not usually warranted IMO.  

I mentioned once in a throw away comment that I didn't need MASN continuing to give results...  wasn't a huge deal, and either was my comment.

We have very few rules on the board. 

The rules are: http://www.baltimore...cies-and-rules/

The expectations for the game threads are: http://www.baltimore...8-game-threads/

It's not a lot to ask from people.

Ultimately though, the people that post here are adults. It's up to the board to police each other as such.

#598 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:49 PM

Anyone who didn't think the focus was going on Boston/the Marathon is delusional for the national broadcasts. The game was secondary last night, it wasn't a coincidence that ESPN selected the game nor MLB Network today instead of going with the usual local feed. I don't want to speak for Chris here but I'm guessing he watches MASN not expecting to see Marathon results. 

@levineps

#599 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:53 PM

Well.... whenever I step back and say less... there seems to be more issue with the threads.

I've noticed that as well, it's a tough balance I can imagine. Like you said, what you're asking isn't much and I know your reluctant to sanction those on here.

@levineps

#600 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:20 PM

Can we all get our "DMV Strong" shirts and stuff for getting back to normal (and local sports helping use heal) after the sniper shootings from back in the day?

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=