#541 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:00 PM

Yeah, well I guess 99% of posting in game threads need attention then.

BTW....Im not telling anyone to post or not post in the thread. Just accept a game thread for what it is. If you don't want to deal with emotional rants stick to the reg section of the board. Don't bitch about what the essence of game threads are.

You know why its fucking funny to go to SOSH and laugh. Because like every other message board with a game thread it has people reacting emotionally and posting in the moment.

BTW.....we knew DJ was going to DJ didn't we. If there is any debate /argument going on you just have to give your 2 cents don't you. You and O85 should really meet up. You'd undoubtedly be BFFs.

Like you don't?

@levineps

#542 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,564 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:02 PM

Fun stuff.

Some things never change.
  • Oriole85 likes this

#543 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:03 PM

There's a huge difference between how you consistently post in game threads vs the vast majority of posters on here so you can shove that bullshit right back up your ass.

Its not different at all. People are over emotional in Game threads. I get a bunch of BS for one fucking reason last year. Because I would say a game was over before it was over. News flash geniuses. If I really thought the game was over and wasn't reacting emotionally I would fucking stop watching the games.

its no different than the numerous times someone on here will lash out at Markakis or Flaherty or anyone else and project something stupid when we all know its over the top.

Im tired of the hypocrites and Im tired of being singled out.

Now, as much as you've pissed me off in this thread. I will say that you're not one of the hypocrites because you really don't rant in the game threads. But again, realize you're in the very small minority.

#544 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

BTW....Im not telling anyone to post or not post in the thread. Just accept a game thread for what it is. If you don't want to deal with emotional rants stick to the reg section of the board. Don't bitch about what the essence of game threads are.

You know why its fucking funny to go to SOSH and laugh. Because like every other message board with a game thread it has people reacting emotionally and posting in the moment.

BTW.....we knew DJ was going to DJ didn't we. If there is any debate /argument going on you just have to give your 2 cents don't you. You and O85 should really meet up. You'd undoubtedly be BFFs.

Everything you say here makes perfect sense, I'm with ya...

That being said, if you can admit that a lot of the stuff is emotional and in the moment reactions, than surely you should be able to laugh a little bit at it when it's all said and done, right?

You've embraced the whole "Chicken Nickle" thing, which is meant to be funny. I can only speak to my role is the debate/argument tonight, and you know I was just messing around, yet you got a tad worked up about it. It was meant to be absurd.

@beginthebegin71

#545 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

As has already been pointed out repeatedly, there's a difference between emotional posting and ridiculous screeds. But then again, since...

...you have the cognitive dissonance to post this with a straight face, ignoring the fact that you brought my name into the conversation, you really can't be expected to understand something that nuanced.

@DJ_McCann

#546 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:04 PM

Fun stuff.

Some things never change.

And to think we're only on Game 3.

@levineps

#547 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,401 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:05 PM

There's a huge difference between how you consistently post in game threads vs the vast majority of posters on here so you can shove that bullshit right back up your ass.

Its not different at all. People are over emotional in Game threads. I get a bunch of BS for one fucking reason last year. Because I would say a game was over before it was over. News flash geniuses. If I really thought the game was over and wasn't reacting emotionally I would fucking stop watching the games.

its no different than the numerous times someone on here will lash out at Markakis or Flaherty or anyone else and project something stupid when we all know its over the top.

Im tired of the hypocrites and Im tired of being singled out.

Now, as much as you've pissed me off in this thread. I will say that you're not one of the hypocrites because you really don't rant in the game threads. But again, realize you're in the very small minority.

I think you lack self message board awareness. And yes, that's a ridiculous sentence.

#548 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,712 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:08 PM

Lighten up, will ya.

buysomething.gif
  • DJ MC likes this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#549 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,712 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:11 PM

Am I allowed to say I think Ryan Flaherty sucks?

Also, this Young, Schoop, Flaherty back to back to back nonsense needs to be amended.

Also, Lough in LF and we likely get at least extra innings.

Bad luck seeing lefties for 2 of the first 3 games.

@bopper33

#550 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,520 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:12 PM

I'm too tired to get into a larger discussion.. so I mainly only want to focus on this comment.

Game threads on this board are not for emotional rants. I've made that clear: http://www.baltimore...8-game-threads/

Don't have to be a robot. Welcome / encouraged to criticize when warranted.... but don't tell people that game threads are for ranting... that's not accurate.

Beyond that... tough game. Sucks that the O's aren't getting into Detroit until approximately 4am, with the 1pm start. Back at it tomorrow.

Lastly...  don't want to see people trolling bnickle, and bnickle I don't want to see you trolling others either.

Remember this place is supposed to be fun, just a diversion from normal life.....

#551 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,712 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:13 PM

Btw I absolutely love BNick's spirit. Dude is sometimes off the wall but he's more entertaining than most anything else on the Internet.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

@bopper33

#552 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,712 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:14 PM

I'm too tired to get into a larger discussion.. so I mainly only want to focus on this comment.

Game threads on this board are not for emotional rants. I've made that clear: http://www.baltimore...8-game-threads/

Don't have to be a robot. Welcome / encouraged to criticize when warranted.... but don't tell people that game threads are for ranting... that's not accurate.

Beyond that... tough game. Sucks that the O's aren't getting into Detroit until approximately 4am, with the 1pm start. Back at it tomorrow.

Lastly...  don't want to see people trolling bnickle, and bnickle I don't want to see you trolling others either.

Remember this place is supposed to be fun, just a diversion from normal life.....

How in the world are they not getting in until 4 am? It's a 90 minute flight.

@bopper33

#553 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:16 PM

Btw I absolutely love BNick's spirit. Dude is sometimes off the wall but he's more entertaining than most anything else on the Internet.

Riiiiight..

I'm kidding, I like the dude quite a bit, and he knows his stuff.

But he's a madman once he gets behind a keyboard.

@beginthebegin71

#554 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,520 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:16 PM

How in the world are they not getting in until 4 am? It's a 90 minute flight.

Eduardo A. Encina @EddieInTheYard 1h

#Orioles' flight to Detroit delayed, team bus to BWI isn't until 1 a.m. Team looking at approx 4 a.m. arrival for 1 p.m. game vs. #Tigers.

#555 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:17 PM

There's like a 6 billion % chance of rain in Detroit tomorrow...Hopefully it's rained out.

@beginthebegin71

#556 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:18 PM

I wouldn't mind mother nature throwing a curve ball here.

@levineps

#557 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:19 PM

I can get us a rainout.

@DJ_McCann

#558 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:22 PM

I think you lack self message board awareness. And yes, that's a ridiculous sentence.

How. Seriously, someone explain to me the difference between my rants and the other rants on this board or in any other thread during any game when posters are emotionally involved.

Dead serious. I want to know the difference. Someone pick out my posts during the game and compare them to the other posts during the fame and explain the big difference.

#559 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:22 PM

ted-mosby-rain-dance-o.gif

tumblr_lorxgfEiO31qbczy1o1_500.gif

@DJ_McCann

#560 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:33 PM

As has already been pointed out repeatedly, there's a difference between emotional posting and ridiculous screeds. But then again, since...

...you have the cognitive dissonance to post this with a straight face, ignoring the fact that you brought my name into the conversation, you really can't be expected to understand something that nuanced.

I realize your name was brought up. It was brought up because O85 is doing exactly what you always do. The biggest reason you were banned at OH.

Every post by you two is either a trolling attempt or a link to an article or a regurgitation of something you read or heard. Not a single original sports thought at all.

I'm not even sure you are two seperate posters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=